Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SDTW Custom Wheels & Tires
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #7351
mylftft

 
mylftft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NorCal
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Damn, wish I could come for the pit bike race!
Shhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone but I'm putting a big bore kit in my bike today, I gotta win something this weekend. Hopefully I don't get protested & have someone claim my motor. Its only cheating if you get caught!
__________________
mylftft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #7352
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,693
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylftft View Post
Shhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone but I'm putting a big bore kit in my bike today, I gotta win something this weekend. Hopefully I don't get protested & have someone claim my motor. Its only cheating if you get caught!
Big bore kit...

Hell, I have to skateboard mine just to get it going...

Hmmm, I have this extra turbo laying around.... hmmm, Oh Corey.....
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #7353
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NOLA
Posts: 6,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylftft View Post
Shhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone but I'm putting a big bore kit in my bike today, I gotta win something this weekend. Hopefully I don't get protested & have someone claim my motor. Its only cheating if you get caught!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Big bore kit...

Hell, I have to skateboard mine just to get it going...

Hmmm, I have this extra turbo laying around.... hmmm, Oh Corey.....

Ha, if yall had any more time this would escalate into crotch rockets.
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #7354
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylftft View Post
Shhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone but I'm putting a big bore kit in my bike today, I gotta win something this weekend. Hopefully I don't get protested & have someone claim my motor. Its only cheating if you get caught!

I thought about a big bore kit, but have decided to do an engine swap instead. I am looking for a used Honda PCX150 as a donor bike. The problem is that it is a new model, so it's hard to find them used at a decent price. I have been keeping my eyes on the salvage websites for one that has a salvage title with only front end damage. Still looking.

Here is my pit bike.

Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #7355
mylftft

 
mylftft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NorCal
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I thought about a big bore kit, but have decided to do an engine swap instead. I am looking for a used Honda PCX150 as a donor bike. The problem is that it is a new model, so it's hard to find them used at a decent price. I have been keeping my eyes on the salvage websites for one that has a salvage title with only front end damage. Still looking.

Here is my pit bike.

If that's real I WANT IT NOW! I think you might be over powering the chassis though, little bit scary but that just makes it more fun!
__________________
mylftft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #7356
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,150
It's real. Did all the mods myself. It's a 2012 Honda Ruckus. Lots of guys mod them to 150cc and up engines. I've seen some at 250, but the guys who have them say they are scary to ride with a 250 in it. I think 150 cc is perfect.

The stock 50cc engine that's in it has been modded a tad, but only what air filters, exhaust, jetting, and variator tweaks can do. Oh and I've added a CDI to get rid of the rev limiter. When it was totally stock, it could go 38 mph on the flat. With the mods, I can go 44 mph. With a 150 in it, it might do 70 mph or a tad more. I just want to be able to go on the main roads (55 mph) without slowing traffic too much.

I took it to Indy last weekend and it got more attention than my car. Kinda fun.

What are you guys using for pit vehicles?
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #7357
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,693
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
It's real. Did all the mods myself. It's a 2012 Honda Ruckus. Lots of guys mod them to 150cc and up engines. I've seen some at 250, but the guys who have them say they are scary to ride with a 250 in it. I think 150 cc is perfect.

The stock 50cc engine that's in it has been modded a tad, but only what air filters, exhaust, jetting, and variator tweaks can do. Oh and I've added a CDI to get rid of the rev limiter. When it was totally stock, it could go 38 mph on the flat. With the mods, I can go 44 mph. With a 150 in it, it might do 70 mph or a tad more. I just want to be able to go on the main roads (55 mph) without slowing traffic too much.

I took it to Indy last weekend and it got more attention than my car. Kinda fun.

What are you guys using for pit vehicles?
This is as close an image as I could find of mine.... .2873 screaming HP.... and that's on the GROUND.... Babeeeee.... and it has electric start.... so there....
Attached Images
 
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #7358
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,308
Trying to be gentle... but aren't you a bit....ummmmm big for that Robert? (mlee made me post this)
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #7359
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 6,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Trying to be gentle... but aren't you a bit....ummmmm big for that Robert? (mlee made me post this)
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #7360
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,150
I've seen some electric scooters that are great. A friend of mine has one he takes to the track. It folds up and fits in the hatch of his Vette! But, my scoot kicks his ass when we race them heads up!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #7361
mylftft

 
mylftft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NorCal
Posts: 850
I prefer to have room for a cold drink & some friends!
Attached Images
 
__________________
mylftft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #7362
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylftft View Post
I prefer to have room for a cold drink & some friends!

You win!

But I do have a cupholder on my scoot! And I prefer to have room for my car in my trailer!

BTW, at the LSX Shootout I noticed a lot of guys using Smart Cars as their pit vehicles. One guy was even drag racing his... I think I heard he did the quarter mile in 14 seconds!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #7363
driyac

 
driyac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: West Chester Ohio
Posts: 1,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
You win!

But I do have a cupholder on my scoot! And I prefer to have room for my car in my trailer!

BTW, at the LSX Shootout I noticed a lot of guys using Smart Cars as their pit vehicles. One guy was even drag racing his... I think I heard he did the quarter mile in 14 seconds!
I got passed on the highway doing 80 by a smart car last night actually....
__________________
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #7364
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,693
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
I got passed on the highway doing 80 by a smart car last night actually....
Ok, I'm thinking one of these for a pit car would work just dandy...

__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
225.8, camaro of the week, drive shaft specialists of tx, dss, erl, henderson performance tech, i am second, rockland standard gear, slayer billet quad carbon, texas mile, the circle, tracspec motorsports, twin turbos, w-bar's lord satchmo of lazy d

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.