Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-07-2021, 09:02 PM   #1
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
I phone Mount what are you guys using?

Hi, I plug my I Phone into the Aux port in console when listing to music, I would like to not just put the phone in the Cup holder I would like to mount it some how, What are you guys using? Any pictures? Thanks
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 06:40 AM   #2
JamesMyBoy

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Bluetooth not working? I use it, and leave my iPhone in my pocket.
I would think a cupholder mount would get in the way, and the vent holder types put more weight on the plastic than it's meant to hold. Not sure which way I'd go...
Old 11-08-2021, 10:22 AM   #3
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
I have a KENU Airframe+ in the Camaro. It's a very small vent based mount, but I put it low on the phone so that the phone rests on the car and doesn't put the full weight on the vent.

It seems to work well in the Camaro

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 02:09 AM   #4
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
I have Belkin.
Attached Images

chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 04:42 AM   #5
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Why not just leave it in the console and any mount will work for that or in pocket with Bluetooth as was previously mentioned, although Bluetooth music quality seems to be substandard.
But, if you can hear music still, you’ll need more power mods? I put aftermarket setup in my Z28 but I can’t hear the damn thing so might as well put the factory pos back in. My previous camaro, I’d leave it in console and operate calls/music via steering wheel controls. Worked well for me.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 05:21 AM   #6
Joe.G

I have issues with the Bluetooth at times, My phone connects but it some times take a while to get the music playing, I also think the sound is better plugged in. I don't want it in the cup holder as it gets in my way so i am looking for a nice mount that isn't in my way or mounted permanently. I don't always listen to music when i am in this car but on longer trips I Do.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Old 11-09-2021, 06:22 AM   #7
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
This is the mount I had installed inside the center console mounted upside down on the inside of the console lid. It’d charge and play via USB port. All features including nav would show/play via aftermarket stereo.
Attached Images

SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 10:42 PM   #8
Cheap Guy

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
With a manual transmission, pretty much any cupholder-style mount doesn't work well. I used this one but it's not the greatest solution with a stick. I glued a jar to the bottom to keep it from sliding around.
Attached Images

First - 1997 Camaro 3800 Y87, M5, Green - Gone | Second - 1997 LT1 Z28, M6, Silver - Sold | Third - 1999 LS1 Z28, M6, Pewter, Almost Stock! - Sold
Current - 2011 Camaro SS, M6, black, 1LE suspension parts - Current
Cheap Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 06:56 AM   #9
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
https://www.proclipusa.com/vehicle/d...et-camaro/2012

Proclip console mount - you have to buy the mount and the right holder for your phone separately. But it’s out of the way and still easy to see if you are using navigation on your phone.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 07:33 AM   #10
Quick Red Head

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
There are a couple of older threads on the forum that have some other ideas. I am using this Scosche mount that plugs into the charging port by the shifter. If positioned correctly, you can have it just far enough that it is out of the way when shifting into reverse. No issues when shifting into fifth when driving and you can see the navigation as well. I usually just put my phone there, but can also charge easily as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also like this because it isn't a permanent solution and can just be unplugged.
Old 11-11-2021, 08:11 AM   #11
Joe.G

I like both of those options, I am not a fan of console/Cup Holder mounts as my Arm/Hand hit it.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,