Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Sponsors Camaro Builds / Project Cars

Old 01-01-2024, 11:54 AM   #43
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
GM part 26072753 superseded the 26069709. Assuming you have RPO UK3. It's part number 26072752 if you don't. Hard to find as well.

I used to have a slew of extra 4th gen Camaro parts after I sold my '02 SS, and had a spare GM clock spring, but that sold pretty quick when I put it up for sale 10 years ago.

Unfortunately, it's likely going to be a used unit. New ones are like unobtanium. Good luck with your search.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 05:54 PM   #44
wildpew
pewish bicker

Drives: 2001 Z28 SS convertible
thanks for the part number, I let my guy know.

as it turned out he did get the proper steering column but the idiot who removed it from the car cut off all the plugs instead of simply unplugging it. I'm kinda speechless
2001 Camaro SS - Dan's
a modest gun safe

Best of all, I Retired From Nevada Energy
wildpew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 10:39 AM   #45
wildpew
pewish bicker

Nothing to this point has worked. We have decided to put it all back together as is and I will either have to deal with the warning light on the dash for the airbags or find a way to disable that light. I will continue to look for the parts to fix it properly but at least everything else is fixed and I can enjoy the car in a few months.

It should be back in my garage later today, hopefully while the roads are still clear. we have a series of storms coming though for at least the next week.
2001 Camaro SS - Dan's
a modest gun safe

Old 02-24-2024, 09:45 AM   #46
wildpew
pewish bicker

OK now, I got the money pit back this last Wednesday and everything except the airbag system is working perfectly. We ended up bypassing the clock spring by installing the correct value diode inline and that fixed all the problems electrically. it is rather nice to be able to roll the windows up or down when needed. shop had a stupid amount of hours into this but didn't hit me with that bill on this round. I did take them a very nice tip and a pricey gift card to take the whole crew to lunch.

bye the way the car runs great, now to continue breaking in the engine
2001 Camaro SS - Dan's
a modest gun safe

Old 03-08-2024, 05:45 PM   #47
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
So what is next on the list?
Old 03-09-2024, 10:51 AM   #48
wildpew
pewish bicker

funny you should ask,
I located a 2002 SLP manual column in AZ and bought it so fast I had to cool my fingers off. got it installed yesterday and it feels like new and everything seems to be working almost. We are scheduling a locksmith to program the computer and column to talk to each other and make me a second key.

after this I HAVE to replace the carpets as while in before the window was partly down and they got wet and stayed that way. I have dried them but that smell is permanent. I wanted new carpets and reupholster the front seats anyway good time to get it done, then all I'm planning is to replace both front fenders with very nice salvage pieces in Arctic White. doing this will complete this car to a pretty nice driver which at this point is all I can realistically accomplish.

It seems that all the gremlins have dispersed to other realms and this thing is running great. now, don't stack it up.
2001 Camaro SS - Dan's
a modest gun safe

Old 03-12-2024, 06:05 PM   #49
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
Happy to hear it's running better. Planning any performance mods after you get things refreshed?
Old 03-20-2024, 09:19 AM   #50
wildpew
pewish bicker

I added over a 100hp when I had the engine rebuilt but sense it sat for so long most systems started showing age and failing and I have not yet been able to finish breaking it in. now the windows/top stopped working but that may be from the switch getting wet while the clock spring problem kept the car outside and open. window switch problem is going to a shop with room to keep my car inside. we figure the car has a bit more than 450hp at the engine due to a ls9 profile cam, med tube headers and I completed the SLP cold air intake system. after I get the windows working the plan is carpets and front seats then drive this thing and enjoy it for a while. only a very short list to complete it now, got a few small interior parts yesterday at pick n pull for next to nothing.

Car show season is almost upon us and I seem to have the only one of these around.
2001 Camaro SS - Dan's
a modest gun safe

Old 03-30-2024, 10:56 AM   #51
wildpew
pewish bicker

all electrical problems fixed, we hope. everything seems to be up to snuff though and the windows now work the way I thought they should. shop traced all the circuits and found the master window switch and relay needed to be replaced. my top does go though the master window switch and it too is working perfectly. very soon we will get the carpets and seat covers done and be time to drive. well actually i'm going to drive it regardless of the smell, I didn't build this to just look at it.
bottom line is I can see light at the end of the tunnel.
2001 Camaro SS - Dan's
a modest gun safe