Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #71
Jmack25
COTW 5/7/12

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS RS
Awesome build thread! Psyched to see what all you have planned for your ride! Can't go wrong with southwest speed..! Coming from a former IBM owner I must say your car looks great!
Old 05-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #72
Lycanine

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmack25 View Post
Awesome build thread! Psyched to see what all you have planned for your ride! Can't go wrong with southwest speed..! Coming from a former IBM owner I must say your car looks great!
Thanks! Means a lot coming from a COTW winner
and definitely glad I went with Ivan and Southwest Speed! The customer service is absolutely amazing! (I may or may not have ordered another part today haha!)

On a different note...

Tuesdays are generally pretty bland. Especially with the rainy week we're having in Jacksonville. So, how does Jared spice his week up? By racing the sun and washing and adding another coat of Z-2 Polish of course!
Here's Mina after a Z-approved bath and shine with a a new piece of body art
Name:  5-8-2012 021.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  113.9 KB

Name:  5-8-2012 022.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  114.2 KB

Name:  5-8-2012 023.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  132.6 KB
Old 05-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #73
Lycanine

Southwest Speed Upgrades Pt. II !

My next package from Ivan at Southwest Speed arrived today while I was at school...You can imagine how happy I was when I saw THIS!

Name:  DTbox.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  277.1 KB

My Doug Thorley 1 7/8" Tri-Y long tube headers!

Mina is at the end of her performance list for me, so this was a big leap that I've been searching and waiting to find for awhile. I just couldn't pass up the deal Ivan gave me and to top it all off...I had actually ordered the 1 3/4" first!
I had a last minute change of mind and cringing as I messaged him, I asked if he would bump me up to the larger primary...
For those of you who have not had the lovely pleasure of doing business with him, you're definitely missing out! Ivan called Doug Thorley right away and switched my order up the same day! I hadn't even realized they had shipped them out until I got home and saw them sitting in the garage!

I quickly opened my box like it was Christmas and took some pictures
Name:  DTheaders.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  309.6 KBName:  DTheaders2.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  158.0 KB

I have one more package coming, and as hard as it's going to be, I'm going to wait until it ALL gets here and just do one big weekend of fun

Then it'll be goodbye Diablosport and hello Doc at EFI Alchemy! He's the best here in Jacksonville, in fact they just recently were featured for the Camaro on the show Great American Car War! I got to meet Doc last year and I'm really excited to see him wake Mina up!
If you're in Northern Florida and need a great tuner check him out!
http://www.efialchemy.com/index.html

Come on package III !
Old 05-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #74
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Mina is GORGEOUS Jared. You did a really nice job detailing her. The one thing that I was worried about was the white out panel on the back, but it looks much better than I was expecting. Are you planning on painting the taillight bezels white to match? How does the chrome look next to the white and the IBM?
Old 05-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #75
Lycanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Mina is GORGEOUS Jared. You did a really nice job detailing her. The one thing that I was worried about was the white out panel on the back, but it looks much better than I was expecting. Are you planning on painting the taillight bezels white to match? How does the chrome look next to the white and the IBM?
Thank you! Coming from you, it's a huge compliment
I think the chrome looks just fine next to the white. I'm sure it's my preference and all but they don't clash for me. The chrome and the metal flakes in our blue really shine nicely together, and the white is a great contrast in small accents because it's flat. I've toyed with the idea of adding more white to the car, like something on the sides, but I think anything more might be overdoing it.

I actually went through a McDonald's drive thru this morning for an iced coffee and the cashier told me, "You know, I'll be 44 soon. And I just wanted to let you know that before I die...stealing your car is on my bucket list." We both laughed as he told me how much he loved my car and how beautiful it was. Pretty cool guy

Thanks again for stopping by!
Jared
Old 05-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #76
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanine View Post
Thank you! Coming from you, it's a huge compliment
I think the chrome looks just fine next to the white. I'm sure it's my preference and all but they don't clash for me. The chrome and the metal flakes in our blue really shine nicely together, and the white is a great contrast in small accents because it's flat. I've toyed with the idea of adding more white to the car, like something on the sides, but I think anything more might be overdoing it.

I actually went through a McDonald's drive thru this morning for an iced coffee and the cashier told me, "You know, I'll be 44 soon. And I just wanted to let you know that before I die...stealing your car is on my bucket list." We both laughed as he told me how much he loved my car and how beautiful it was. Pretty cool guy

Thanks again for stopping by!
Jared
I was originally going to go white stripes because of that same reason, but with white stripes and then trying to continue to add accents here and there would have been too much. You have the right amount of white right now to accent the color, and if you were to add any more, I would only do something small like hood spears and call the exterior done. You have a little on each side with the gills, the front with the bowtie/grill, the back with bowtie and white out panel, and you don't really need anything on the roof, but the hood would the only place I could suggest if you wanted more white without going overboard. The interior you can go nuts with though!

I'd beef up your alarm/security next though because of that compliment.

~Jarrod
Old 05-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #77
Lycanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
I was originally going to go white stripes because of that same reason, but with white stripes and then trying to continue to add accents here and there would have been too much. You have the right amount of white right now to accent the color, and if you were to add any more, I would only do something small like hood spears and call the exterior done. You have a little on each side with the gills, the front with the bowtie/grill, the back with bowtie and white out panel, and you don't really need anything on the roof, but the hood would the only place I could suggest if you wanted more white without going overboard. The interior you can go nuts with though!

I'd beef up your alarm/security next though because of that compliment.

~Jarrod
Haha! Right?!
I actually took the gills off awhile ago, I could never get them right no matter how many sets the guy sent me lol
And the hood spears were definitely an idea, but then I realized I'd be PQs wanna-be twin in blue and white and minus a supercharger lol.
Interior though is definitely the next step! Just gotta figure out how I wanna do it...
Old 05-11-2012, 08:01 AM   #78
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Let me know if you want some help on the header/exhaust install.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #79
Lycanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Let me know if you want some help on the header/exhaust install.

Absolutely! I love to do things on my own, but my luck with this car has always been sour. My arms were itching for days after reaching above that headliner for the XM antenna install lol!
I'm waiting on a few more surprises from Ivan and then I'll hit ya up!
Should be around the end of this month

Thanks man! And I can't wait to finally see your car!
Old 05-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #80
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanine View Post
Absolutely! I love to do things on my own, but my luck with this car has always been sour. My arms were itching for days after reaching above that headliner for the XM antenna install lol!
I'm waiting on a few more surprises from Ivan and then I'll hit ya up!
Should be around the end of this month

Thanks man! And I can't wait to finally see your car!

Looking forward to it.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #81
Lycanine

I chaperoned Prom last night for my school and managed to get some rock star parking with a classic building here in Jacksonville
Name:  prom 007.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  172.4 KB

(I watched her most of the night from the ticket booth haha!)
Name:  prom 011.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  318.2 KB
Old 05-14-2012, 05:02 PM   #82
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

That shot really accents the bodylines. Beautiful view!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:10 PM   #83
Lycanine

Southwest Speed package III

So this was actually a last minute order lol...I meant to order it the first time around and unfortunately forgot about it
So Ivan, the ever helpful man he is, quickly put it on my list and had it out in a week!
So here it is...

The RX Breather!
(Wanna take a guess what my last two mods are ?)

I went with Summit White because of my engine cover (still need to sand and repaint that sucker!) and since it sits in the white accent, I had to make her white...now if only RX could send my last two mods I could get Mina growling with the best of 'em!
Pics below
Name:  Rxbreatherbox.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  174.3 KB

Name:  rxbreather.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  289.2 KB

Name:  5-17-2012 014.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  104.1 KB
Old 05-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #84
Lycanine

Installing headers this Sunday, hopefully getting my other package from Ivan this week so I can throw them on too, and then off to get a tune with Doc! I should be cured of the mod bug...right?

What a silly thought...so ladies and gents, here's my next foray...

Pinstriping! Jim and Orange Krate commented over a year ago about how wonderful my car would look with those tiny details...I've thought about it over and over. So, like a double-edged sword, I've decided to take up pinstriping as a new hobby. I already paint, so I'm familiar and have a good eye, but don't worry! I'll be practicing on practice boards and my friends' old cars first
I'll post my work as I complete it and any all suggestions are always welcome!
-Jared

Tags
custom paint, florida, imperial blue metallic, painted interior trim, southwest speed