Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 05:49 PM   #1
jmal164

Drives: 2010 2LT Victory Red Automatic
Question CONCERNED...

I'm new to this site and have recently purchased a 2LT. In the process of doing a lot of web searching, I came across a site www.topix.com/forum/autos citing edmunds.com "65 defects in the 2010 Camaro". It says look over the car carefully before taking delivery. This is something any new car buyer should do.
But 2 Questions. 1) Has anyone else come across this site and post? 2) Should it be believed? You can read the defects that are outlined on the cite. Sounds disbelievable to me! I'd like to know if any camaro owners have noticed any of these defects in their cars? And... are there any legitimate concerns you've noticed that would require warranty work. It may be too early to tell. Would appreciate responses to this thread.

Thank you,

Jmal 164
Old 08-05-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
Unfair
Banned

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
People actually do check all of that there is a sticky on the forum somwhere, unfortunately they have been having some quality control issues with the first year of the car and these things SHOULD be checked. i would wait till next year to buy a new one. they have some bugs to work out !
issues section

http://camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70
Old 08-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #3
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
They are not exactly "defects"...MOST of the things on the list were not found by too many owners...so it's not like they exactly were major issues on 1000's (or even 100's) of cars...and it's not like someone found all 65 "defects" on their car. AND, if you read the list, some are nit-picky at best. The issues that were major have been addressed and corrected by GM.

All cars have occasional issues (and I'm not saying there's no issues with Camaro's), but that's why the car has a warranty... and I'd love to hear all the "defects" owners are finding on other makes and models, because I'm sure there's just as many if not more.

The Camaro is a great car, don't let that "list" sway you in your decision.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 08-05-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #4
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Ignore it. Edmunds blew that all out of proportion.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:24 PM   #5
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmal164 View Post
I'm new to this site and have recently purchased a 2LT. In the process of doing a lot of web searching, I came across a site www.topix.com/forum/autos citing edmunds.com "65 defects in the 2010 Camaro". It says look over the car carefully before taking delivery. This is something any new car buyer should do.
But 2 Questions. 1) Has anyone else come across this site and post? 2) Should it be believed? You can read the defects that are outlined on the cite. Sounds disbelievable to me! I'd like to know if any camaro owners have noticed any of these defects in their cars? And... are there any legitimate concerns you've noticed that would require warranty work. It may be too early to tell. Would appreciate responses to this thread.

Thank you,

Jmal 164
All of those defects and problems did occur however not all at once, and most of them occurred only one time to one member. The list should have had on it occurrence of the issue as well as those issues fixed at the factory. Misalignment issues and loose bolts are the most common issues so far. Just check for those and you'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
They are not exactly "defects"...MOST of the things on the list were not found by too many owners...so it's not like they exactly were major issues on 1000's (or even 100's) of cars...and it's not like someone found all 65 "defects" on their car. AND, if you read the list, some are nit-picky at best. The issues that were major have been addressed and corrected by GM.

All cars have occasional issues (and I'm not saying there's no issues with Camaro's), but that's why the car has a warranty... and I'd love to hear all the "defects" owners are finding on other makes and models, because I'm sure there's just as many if not more.

The Camaro is a great car, don't let that "list" sway you in your decision.
Gm is still working on a few of the major issues though on the list. Like the Manual Transmission Output Shaft cracking. They know it is a Tremec issue but haven't told us anything more about it other than we will be notified if we are one that is affected. Also, the Slow L99 issue is still being looked into and is not a major problem as the Tremec however still an issue at large.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:27 PM   #6
Sponge60
OBX

Drives: 2010 2SS / RS, Black on Black, L99
I have only 2 issues, and they are minor. Door sill sticker is coming up and a slight door adjustment is needed. I certainly can't speak for other owners, but I think powerfreak pretty much summed it up. Enjoy your car!
Old 08-05-2009, 06:58 PM   #7
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Gm is still working on a few of the major issues though on the list. Like the Manual Transmission Output Shaft cracking. They know it is a Tremec issue but haven't told us anything more about it other than we will be notified if we are one that is affected.
Maybe I give GM too much credit, but I would think since they are still building SS/M6's (w/ no more constraint) they have identified and dealt with the problem (even though they haven't told us anything more). I don't think with such a major issue like that, they'd keep building w/ the defective part after the problem has been identified.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:02 PM   #8
Autobot
More than meets the eye

Drives: 2SS RS M6 06 Jetta TDI 17 Civic EXL
I waited 2 years for the car to be released I'm getting mine this year.
1st year buggies or not I am not worried one bit
Old 08-05-2009, 07:18 PM   #9
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
I had 2 issues. My brakes squeek and the SS emblem on my trunk is loose on right side. But other than that this car is awesome. Bt no means has this caused me not to enjoy this awesome car. Of course these are just minor problems. They are ordering me another SS emblem to fix the problem. I havent brought the brake squeeking issue up yet.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:18 PM   #10
coolman

Here we go guys. I told you that list was going to be a problem. I wouldn't worry about your car just because some knuckle head tried to make a list of all the problem that people wrote about. Most of them were onetime things and on early builds. you have a good warranty and gm is on top of taking care of problems ,well expect for some l99s, but we will not go there.
Their are alot more people on here with no problem at all.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:33 PM   #11
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Here we go guys. I told you that list was going to be a problem. I wouldn't worry about your car just because some knuckle head tried to make a list of all the problem that people wrote about. Most of them were onetime things and on early builds. you have a good warranty and gm is on top of taking care of problems ,well expect for some l99s, but we will not go there.
Their are alot more people on here with no problem at all.

THANK YOU! A ray of common sense.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #12
bumblebeedrvr
Hot Girls Drive Hot Cars

Drives: 2010 2SS 6 spd, '02 GMC Sierra
I don't believe. My car runs like a champ <3
Old 08-05-2009, 07:40 PM   #13
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
People seem to forget that with today’s communication network it only takes a few seconds before things are blown out of proportion and there is a "panic dejour" . Pay no attention to the list or edmunds.com.

As for quality; I'd put vin 666 up against any car, from any manufacture coming off the line today…

Thread closed…

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3

Closed Thread