Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #15
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Okay, just ignore me.LOL

[QUOTE=Jims Mongoose;7115894]Whats the difference with these and the pilot supersports in performance and looks?

Really interested in what I give up and or gain between the all weather and the supersports. Also what do each look like mounted if anyone has pix.

Jim
Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #16
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I saw a set mounted at Fontana when i was there,i like the look of the Goodyears better.I think grip is what you will lose,my understanding is the Goodyears are a superior "Track" tire.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #17
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
I saw a set mounted at Fontana when i was there,i like the look of the Goodyears better.I think grip is what you will lose,my understanding is the Goodyears are a superior "Track" tire.
Thanks for the information and it is quite useful. I also want to know what the all weather pilots look like compared to the supersports.

When I change tires as long as the pilots, either the super sports or all weather and look good and perform well on the street I will be happy.

Also is it possible that either the all weather pilots or the supersports are better for drag racing(not on the street of course).

Jim
Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #18
JustJohn

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate1LE View Post
Pilot Super Sport 315s on rear, 285s on front. Outstanding tires.

Nate,

Ah ha, someone with 315/285 PSS!! So are you having ANY rubbing issues, any issues at all with the 315's on the rear?
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 10-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #19
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelster View Post
You guys shouldn't screw around when it's 50 out. Leave the tcs and stabiltrac on.
How do you know they didn't?

It is entirely possible that if those systems were calibrated for "regular SS" tires that you could still exceed their capabilities to correct in cold weather on those Goodyear G: 2 tires. If those systems were calibrated to suit the way a 1LE could be expected to be driven in the summer, difficulty in the cold is all but absolutely guaranteed.

Your first sentence is exactly what 1LE and ZL1 owners need to be keeping in mind, along with some old-time winter weather driving advice (drive like there's an eggshell on the gas pedal that you aren't supposed to break). Drive gently enough in poorish conditions and you may never actually use any other form of help.

I have a pretty good idea what you 1LE guys are up against here. The Goodyear Asymmetrics that I run for 3 seasons out of the year are only enough better in cool/cold weather than the G:2's to not have warnings posted about potential tread cracking; their traction starts to suck at about 45°F instead.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #20
KlugSS

I drove my car this afternoon when it was 42 degrees and it started sprinkling with Stabiltrac and traction control off. From reading camaro5 i am surprise i am not dead.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #21
karnov

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
Really interested in what I give up and or gain between the all weather and the supersports. Also what do each look like mounted if anyone has pix.
Jim, you live in Arizona... no need to change the from the stock Goodyears for the few times it may get cold enough for it to matter with the traction on the Goodyears.

That being said, I highly recommend the Michelin PSS, again don't waste time on the Michelin All-weather tires in Arizona. I ran the Michelin PSS all winter in Arizona and had no issues with traction.

Once my stock Goodyears need replacing I plan on going with the Michelin PSS.
karnov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #22
Novie LE

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlugSS View Post
I drove my car this afternoon when it was 42 degrees and it started sprinkling with Stabiltrac and traction control off. From reading camaro5 i am surprise i am not dead.
Glad I'm not alone here
Novie LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #23
1leNPP

Drives: 1LE , 1SS , NPP
I got a set Michelin PSS P285 front & P295 backs there a Great all round tire. Work good in a wide temperature range .
Attached Images

1leNPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #24
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post

Michelin PSS have better grip than the Goodyears from my experience, wet or dry track and just ask Tire Rack which are the best rated....unless you're going to a full track tire, I wouldn't run anything but the Michelin's....
Old 10-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #25
Blue_11RS

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Did you get the $70 dollar credit? Mine came in at $1390 I hope to have these put on Thursday.
Nope didn't get a credit but you can be sure I'm going to call about it tomorrow. Thanks tramtwo! Good luck Thursday. I am worried they are going to scuff my rim! .
Blue_11RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #26
Blue_11RS

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
Whats the difference with these and the pilot supersports in performance and looks?

Jim
The a/s are all season. I'll need them I'm in ohio. I'll post a pic when they are on Saturday.
Blue_11RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #27
Nate1LE

Drives: 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJohn View Post
Nate,

Ah ha, someone with 315/285 PSS!! So are you having ANY rubbing issues, any issues at all with the 315's on the rear?
John,
Zero rubbing issues. They fit like a glove.
Nate1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #28
NovaDaddy
Nova Daddy

Drives: 2012 Cummins/1972 Nova 2 door coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novie LE View Post
Glad I'm not alone here
Your not alone been driving mine at -5 (26 degrees I think) Grew up driving on bald tires in middle of winter on my 72 Nova cause that's all I could afford. These good years with traction control are like the winter tires I never had LOL!!
NovaDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote