Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-30-2010, 12:08 PM   #43
rd-camaro

Drives: 2010 2LT Blk IOM stripes IO leather
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 View Post
They will be taking video today and Monday
rd-camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:37 PM   #44
GOINGSOLO2

Drives: All Models
I just got word back from the Solo shop with the V6 manual and a V6 automatic. Tests are going incredibly well with the new J pipe kits and HF Cats....we have plenty of video and pictures that I will post in the next few days. Look for a group buy soon for the V6 cats. I will post more information as I get it...all I know is that it sounds and performs incredibly.
GOINGSOLO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:09 PM   #45
rd-camaro

Quote:
I just got word back from the Solo shop with the V6 manual and a V6 automatic. Tests are going incredibly well with the new J pipe kits and HF Cats....we have plenty of video and pictures that I will post in the next few days. Look for a group buy soon for the V6 cats. I will post more information as I get it...all I know is that it sounds and performs incredibly.
thats what i like to hear SOLO2! thanks for the update!
Old 07-30-2010, 03:29 PM   #46
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Wonder if anyone will plan to install these with a non-solo exhaust? I'd be afraid to try without knowing the kind of sound I could get.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:26 PM   #47
rd-camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Wonder if anyone will plan to install these with a non-solo exhaust? I'd be afraid to try without knowing the kind of sound I could get.
I do. I'm getting my corsa catback in a month or two then these high flow cats. Whenever I get it finished I will post videos. Of course.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:51 PM   #48
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd-camaro View Post
I do. I'm getting my corsa catback in a month or two then these high flow cats. Whenever I get it finished I will post videos. Of course.
sweetness....a before video (with corsa) and after (with cats) would be MOST excellent.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:04 PM   #49
GOINGSOLO2

Just an FYI: We saw gains of 15whp and 13ft/lb. of torque with the HF cats. I will have more detailed information for you in the next few days. We also have eliminated ALL drone with both the manual and automatic V6 cat-backs with our new J pipe solution There is no drone, even with the cat-back AND HF cats.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:55 AM   #50
dagolfguy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Just an FYI: We saw gains of 15whp and 13ft/lb. of torque with the HF cats. I will have more detailed information for you in the next few days. We also have eliminated ALL drone with both the manual and automatic V6 cat-backs with our new J pipe solution There is no drone, even with the cat-back AND HF cats.
FYI - I was the person who participated in the testing with my v6 automatic car. I can conform that there is no drone. I had the SOLO mach system on the car since last fall (drone at 1800 RPM), and I arrived at the shop with that on the car on Friday morning. I left there after a long day of testing with the SOLO hi-flows and the new J-pipe system.
My impression? It sounds great; not good, great. The exhaust note is much more refined than it was before. It's not louder than it was before.

We tested with the new J-pipe system on the factory cats, then with the new cats. The sound with the factory cats was really sublime. It was mellow until you got your boot into it. On the test rides, I tried to make the car drone (on interstate 290). I could not make it happen. With the hi-flows, it got a tad louder, but still terrific.

A couple of other points:
I have a Dashdaq in-car computer. We did 6 WOT runs with the car, then I drove it around the city some on Friday night. Stayed the night in the area. I drove back home this morning. That's about 260 miles of driving on Interstate 90.
Drive out on Friday same weather conditions as drive back Saturday.
No codes (read on computer), no CEL. LT Fuel trims on the way back were always between +2 and -2, both banks.
Fuel economy (car DIC) for the trip out (reset at the start of trip) was 26.5 mpg. Trip back (260 miles) 28.6 mpg.
After all the WOT and all the driving post install, there is no (none at all) black soot on the inside of the tips. That's not the way it was on the other system.

It's all good. The car feels more responsive, it sounds way better, fuel economy is increased. Best of all worlds.
When I get (soon I hope) my CAI Inc. air box and have Vince check the tune, I'll be set for a bit in terms of mods.
PS: They did not use my car for the dyno, so I can't speak to that.

Steve, you need a new name for this version-2 of the product.
dagolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:23 PM   #51
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Quote:

I have the Solo Mach XL kit for the V6 stick. It had a nasty drone that was greatly reduced by adding their resonators off of the XLT kit.

I still have a slight drone at around 1800, but much better than before.

Solo makes a quality kit, and Steve give excellent customer service.

But I do want to point out that we did receive claims of "no drone" on the Solo kits before the J pipe http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ght=Solo+drone.

So everyone note that "zero drone" is subjective and cannot be truly picked up by video/audio.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:29 AM   #52
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROD1 View Post
The stock converters seem to flow very well so .......
Now we are talking about 15hp gain over stock !!

Guys are sure that you can get this hp with no headers, cat back or tune??

More infor please!
Old 08-01-2010, 08:20 AM   #53
GOINGSOLO2

We will have more information for you this week...but this was without a tune...the most we had on the car was our cat-back.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:40 AM   #54
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
We will have more information for you this week...but this was without a tune...the most we had on the car was our cat-back.
Yeah but some members used the extenders to eliminate CEL. It worked for some time and it appeared giving them no option except to go for a tune.

As I heard that you should not expect a lot (HP) from this tune, so I will be waiting for your details like everybody because getting 15 HP from the HF cats is worth considering
Old 08-02-2010, 07:32 AM   #55
rd-camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
sweetness....a before video (with corsa) and after (with cats) would be MOST excellent.
hahah of course it would be lol. that i can do. i plan on getting the corsa on first then save more money and get the SOLO HF cats second. unless SOLO has a sweet group buy....but either way a before and after is more than possible.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #56
kcox2010
synergy2011

Drives: 2011 synergy green 1ss/rs
Send a message via AIM to kcox2010
2010 camaro solo mach xl "LLt exhaust" jpipes and resonator system high flow cats

here are 3 video with drive by

no droning noisy at all 15rwhp and 13ft torque gains with system
kcox2010 is offline   Reply With Quote