Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-02-2010, 11:13 PM   #57
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Like the videos.

Sure would like to know how you have fought off the CEL. Heres to hoping it will stay away as well!
Old 08-03-2010, 03:38 AM   #58
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcox2010 View Post

here are 3 video with drive by

no droning noisy at all 15rwhp and 13ft torque gains with system
Unless you prove me wrong the total gain of the system is 15rwhp not the HF cats only.

So what are the flow rates of the HF cats compared to stock in fairness?
Old 08-03-2010, 07:06 AM   #59
rd-camaro

Drives: 2010 2LT Blk IOM stripes IO leather
wow that sounds pretty sick. better than without the J-pipes...not as raspy anymore.

keep it up SOLO
rd-camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #60
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 View Post
I can't wait to see the videos on Friday....Jeff and the crew at the shop really do a great job and try their hardest to never leave a customer leaving unhappy. Thanks so much for coming back a few times so we can get this right for the rest of the V6 community.
Will these (HFCC) pass the emission tests in Quebec or any other Provinces in Canada if we were to get tested?
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #61
GlowingBurrito

Drives: 2012 Camaro SIM 1SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
Will these (HFCC) pass the emission tests in Quebec or any other Provinces in Canada if we were to get tested?
Or California for that matter?
GlowingBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #62
GOINGSOLO2

Drives: All Models
Hi Guys, the cats will definitely pass emissions everywhere but California. Actually we have this exact converter body in CA. on other cars (G8) and I have heard that they pass but they are not supposed to be used out there. Our cats are rated up to 6.0L per side and they do an excellent job of cleaning up all the harmful gasses. Thanks so much for coming all the way out to see us DaGolfGuy we had a great time with you last Friday and we took your suggestion (Mach X-LLT) for the catback kit name. We're going to call the converters V6 Camaro Res-Cats (Resonated Converters). We should have a thread up very soon with all the video's, pics, pricing etc. We have worked long and hard on the V6 and we're very proud of the progress that we have made.

We haven't forgotten about our original V6 supporters. We will be offering a "below cost" J-pipe upgrade for anyone who is interested. Thanks so much!
GOINGSOLO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:28 PM   #63
dagolfguy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Hi Guys, the cats will definitely pass emissions everywhere but California. Actually we have this exact converter body in CA. on other cars (G8) and I have heard that they pass but they are not supposed to be used out there. Our cats are rated up to 6.0L per side and they do an excellent job of cleaning up all the harmful gasses. Thanks so much for coming all the way out to see us DaGolfGuy we had a great time with you last Friday and we took your suggestion (Mach X-LLT) for the catback kit name. We're going to call the converters V6 Camaro Res-Cats (Resonated Converters). We should have a thread up very soon with all the video's, pics, pricing etc. We have worked long and hard on the V6 and we're very proud of the progress that we have made.

We haven't forgotten about our original V6 supporters. We will be offering a "below cost" J-pipe upgrade for anyone who is interested. Thanks so much!
Steve,
We had a great day with Jeff and company. We (Jim and me) learned a ton about what SOLO does to make these systems all they can be.
Having the chance to speak with the person who brought the science behind the J-pipe technique to the table, and to see and hear his LS-3 G8 car with this technology installed gave us confidence that we'd have a good outcome as we moved through the day. Being a techie, knowing that there is real science and learning a bit about that was very informative and assuring for me as we moved through the testing.
Note to all - this G8 owner can speak for himself if he wants to. He's a frequent poster on the G8 forums and occasionally weighs in here on C5 too.

Shortly after we arrived, another C5 member who also participated in the testing with his Manual Trans V6 car showed up at the facility. I was struck at the way his car sounded. Knowing that the Auto and Manual cars were so different, I did not take much away from the fact that my car could be made so sound like that. I commented to Jim that I wished it could. This was about 9:00 am.

The Solo team took the exhaust system from his car as it was, and installed it on my car. The sound was the same on the auto as it was on the manual. I think we were all quite surprised (pleasantly) with this first outcome. I was very optimistic at this point that I would leave for home later with a winner. I think Jeff (Solo) was not quite believing that it would go this well at this early point in the day since he was still remembering all the work they endured to create a workable manual trans system, the a far more difficult automatic trans system. I think it was a "holy crap" moment, when we all got through that first part of the testing.

The latter part of the day involved the introduction of the SOLO hi-flow cats. If you've read the thread, you know that I love the combination of both the "J" and the hi-flows. Even if you are not interested in the hi-flows, the message that I am trying to convey here is that this "j" science works and that it sounds great on my car.

For current SOLO customers who like their exhaust but wish they did not have the drone at 1.8K, have a look at what is being suggested here as an upgrade. For those considering a new system, all I can say is that I now love the way my car sounds.

If you have questions, please PM me. I think SOLO will post the links to the youtube vids of my car with the "J" with and without the hi-flows at some point at some point. You can find the vids there now if you search. I think my IBM with white rallys looks good, too bad Cammy was not clean for her movie debut.

Best,
-Dave
dagolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:34 PM   #64
GOINGSOLO2

I will be posting a lot of information in the next day or two regarding our new HF cats and our new J pipe cat-backs. The J pipes will also be offered to current V6 kit owners at a very reduced price...less than cost just to make it right and keep us to our promise of no drone!!
Old 08-04-2010, 03:11 PM   #65
GOINGSOLO2

The V6 High Flow Cats are HERE!!!! Visit our group buy thread---> http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98755
Old 08-04-2010, 03:18 PM   #66
Maurdib

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
Quote:
The V6 High Flow Cats are HERE!!!! Visit our group buy thread---> http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98755
How much is this full set up
Auto V6 with Res-Cats and New Mach X-LLT J-Pipe Cat-Back Exhaust

Will it pass smog?
Old 08-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #67
KMPrenger

Just a curiousity question....

So I read on the group buy that 02 extenders are used "in conjunction" with these cats to keep the CEL off. So from that, I'm guessing that these "SOLO Performance designed" 02 extenders aren't something that would keep a CEL from comming on with say...current long tube setups with their own high flow cats?? Or would they?? (and thats assuming they would even bolt into the stock 02 location)

Basically, am I right in saying that you must have these CATs and the SOLO designed 02 extender to fight off the CEL?
Old 08-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #68
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Just a curiousity question....

So I read on the group buy that 02 extenders are used "in conjunction" with these cats to keep the CEL off. So from that, I'm guessing that these "SOLO Performance designed" 02 extenders aren't something that would keep a CEL from comming on with say...current long tube setups with their own high flow cats?? Or would they?? (and thats assuming they would even bolt into the stock 02 location)

Basically, am I right in saying that you must have these CATs and the SOLO designed 02 extender to fight off the CEL?
I don't think that's how it works. the inlet to screw the O2 sensor in should be the same in every cat, since the o2 sensor is always the same. I'm interested to know if these work, and would assume they work on any cat.

is there a picture of these
Old 08-04-2010, 04:12 PM   #69
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I don't think that's how it works. the inlet to screw the O2 sensor in should be the same in every cat, since the o2 sensor is always the same. I'm interested to know if these work, and would assume they work on any cat.

is there a picture of these
Concering the 02 extender, your probably right that it will bolt to the stock location also, but I just asked b/c since they replace that stock section with their own, I guess I was wondering if maybe the threads for the 02 sensor extender are the same as stock, but again, you're probably correct.

I dunno, maybe it was a dumb question lol, but I'm still curious is there is anything special about these Solo 02 extenders as opposed to one you can just pick up at an automotive store.

Old 08-04-2010, 04:12 PM   #70
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
am i looking at those pictures wrong, or are those extenders for the 02 sensors in the front of the cats? As in, the 02 sensors closest to the engine? I thought it was the rear 02 sensors that was throwing the cels?