Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-08-2010, 01:10 PM   #15
jayman

Drives: 09 dodge ram
I'm just saying that people mod their cars..period. Everyone wants theirs to be just a little different then everyone else's. These are awesome cars and I will admit that I am jealous of you who already have one. That being said I am waiting for the 2013 model because my dad has a 68 convertible and I want mine to be an anniversary of his year. So if the z/28 is made then mine will be a 2013 z/28....otherwise it will be a 2SS.
jayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #16
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Drives: 2007 Chevy Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
Heritage is a big part of the allure for some of us. Any Chevy can be an SS, but only the Camaro gets the Z28 RPO code. Are those three characters worth $50k? Well...that's in the eye of the beholder.
I think this is the best way to put it. Yea you can talk warranty w/ the S/C and everything else thats being said, but as soon as you put it on the track, or modify something (depending on your dealer) the warranty is GONE... It's just one of those things

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Dave_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #17
Cowboy from Hell

Drives: don't ask!!
I can't wait to see what the Z/28 will be like.

If GM do this right it will be a phenomenal car...... not only will there be a fair power increase but the handling will be improved too.

GM (by what we have seen recently) are building the Z/28 to be competetive with the GT500, so they will look at all aspects of that car and build a car to grind the stang in to the dirt, at least this is what i'm hoping for.

Go on GM make us proud!!!
Cowboy from Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #18
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
Quote:
Heritage is a big part of the allure for some of us. Any Chevy can be an SS, but only the Camaro gets the Z28 RPO code. Are those three characters worth $50k? Well...that's in the eye of the beholder.
Agreed.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #19
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Couldn't have put it any better
Old 08-08-2010, 05:04 PM   #20
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
I love that line about the Z28 . I've said it before too.
Personally i wouldn't care if the Z28 had the LSA. The LS7 would be great. 505HP , and no extra weight for the blower. With some tweaks, like lighter wheels, they could have it weigh slightly less than the SS. It definitely won't be just a "rebadged SS."
Personally , with the new dash coming out at the same time, i hope the Z28 has a mature character, and not just a "hot rod". A tasteful metal trimmed grill would be cool too.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:22 PM   #21
racer515

Drives: Various
I also agree with the OP. I guess ask the GT500 owners. Just like with the Camaro, you can make a Mustang as fast as a GT500 for less. No, there won't be a warranty, and no the engine internals may not be "forged" from the factory, but you can always buy that later, so who cares about the warranty, as it won't likely be fixed under warranty anyway.
racer515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #22
hypnatic

Drives: Victory Redhead
to each their own... i see nothing wrong about being excited for a product thats coming out, everyone has there "christmas"

gadget lovers had their Ipad/Iphone
gamers had their ps3/xbox
muscle cars have their camaros/mustangs

the list goes on and on... we always hear a rave about all the excitement of a new product, the anticipation the potential the want the need... I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH PPL GETTIN EXCITED, THATS PART OF WHAT MAKES LIFE FUN!!! my 2 cents
hypnatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:28 PM   #23
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post
Okay, I've been watching the threads for some time on the Z-28 and never posted. Frankly I don't get the hype. Who really cares?
Not you. And that's okay. Just don't be surprised that there are those of us excited about it. (If we all thought the same way we'd live in a pretty boring world)

For me...there's a few things going for it --

#1, the Z28 nameplate holds a TON of meaning, personally. And a ton of meaning in the Camaro world at large.
#2, it's the ultimate factory Camaro. The top of the line, the "top dog".
#3, styling is sure to be bada$$, and while I'm in love with the design of the SS...it's starting to look like the Z28 will "out-flare" it in a lot of ways.

Finally...I'm not a modification junkie like a lot of people. If available, I'd like everything to come from the factory...where I get my performance and warranty intact. (If not, well...shoot -- mod away!! )
Old 08-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #24
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
yeah i like that too. I don't know why, but i'm a "stock person".
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #25
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
I love these threads. they always come in rashes. . .and always people just don't understand.

so what if you can slap a blower on your car for 6k. is that including all the supporting mods? transmission, rearend, suspension? probably not for 6k. if done right it will cost you closer to 15-20k for all the supporting mods. everything that will make it more like a z28 less like your SS. and you still won't have any of the visual differences. with no warranty. . .just one bad ass car.

but in the end it won't be a z28. . .read my signature. he's the same guy that kept the faith and kept telling us to keep the faith. I am not disappointed with the current SS. I am keeping the faith that the Z28 will be something very special.

so if you want to tell everyone how stupid or crazy we are for wanting a car that isn't official go right on ahead. I'll just ignore you like I have everyone else.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #26
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
THIS is a GREAT POST!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:31 PM   #27
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
Im not, all im saying is its insane to being crazy over something that we dont even know what it is? Theres going to be a lot of sad people if this thing comes out to just be a re-badge of the SS or something that only has 500hp.

Dont get me wrong it very vell might be cool and fast and maybe I want one. But Im not like a child at christmas wanting to be the first person to open their presents
I'm willing to bet you it will be a S/C'd 6.2L
Old 08-08-2010, 10:51 PM   #28
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
To not really understand what a Z28 means is fine, but to most of the car crazy folks it means that the manufactures have made something for us and not the masses. Yes is a production car, but not everyone will be willing. Some will opt for fuel economy others price and the few who are left standing and have a understanding of what this car brings and will buy because of it. To me it is a way for the manufacturer to give back to me in a way that still affords me all the perks of the new factory car, but not in the same clothing..