Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-28-2014, 10:18 AM   #15
BooSSted

Drives: 2017 Z06 / 2012 CTS
LOL, luckily no one was in the other lane when he spun out.
BooSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:28 AM   #16
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Guess I see a different video. If the truck had room to pass on the right they had room to move over to allow him to pass. There are "move-over" laws in several states. The truck passes them and gives a little glance, if his intent was to flip them off he'd have been doing so when he passed them and wouldn't need to slow down to get next to them again. He only flips them off when the slower car that was in front of him suddenly is in a big damn hurry to stay next to him and provoke the situation. Then and only then does he flip them off. Typical left-lane-bandit behavior, have you NEVER encountered one? Both these driver are in the wrong here and luckily no one got killed, this time...

JFTR I've found that if I'm in the left lane and someone is tailgating me, simply moving over and allowing them to pass and go on their way (as required by law in my state) is the best remedy, the further they are away from me the better.
Exactly. If someone is able to pass you on the right while you are in the left lane, you have failed as a driver.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:44 AM   #17
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Do yourself a favor, look at the whole video. She paces right next that truck (NOT SEMIS BTW) in the right lane for the entire first minute of the video going the same speed and blocking the pick-up (you see just a glimpse of it at the beginning and she is sure it doesn't show in her video until she FINALLY passes it). She shows her speedo at under 50 MPH. Also notice how many left turn pull outs she passes. This person is just as guilty of road-rage if not more-so than the pick-up driver. She had many, many opportunities to just let this guy pass and go about his business but clearly that is not what she had in mind. I don't see how anyone could condone her left-lane-bandit, enforcer attitude that could have ended up deadly but whatever...

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 03-30-2014 at 09:36 AM.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:51 AM   #18
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

You know another title for the video could be "How to create a road-rage incident." Sorry, but Tracy Sloan you're an idiot and could have contributed to someones death, possibly an innocent driver going the other way.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:51 AM   #19
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
People who drive slow in the left lane have a deathwish. I had to slow way down twice last night due to people scared of the rain.

Speed limit is 70 mph. One was going 45 and the other 50. Talk about a Pita

Sent from somewhere on the road.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:31 AM   #20
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Do yourself a favor, look at the whole video. She paces right next that truck in the right lane for the entire first minute of the video going the same speed and blocking the pick-up (you see just a glimpse of it at the beginning and she is sure it doesn't show in her video until she FINALLY passes it). She shows her speedo at under 50 MPH. Also notice how many left turn pull outs she passes. This person is just as guilty of road-rage if not more-so than the pick-up driver. She had many, many opportunities to just let this guy pass and go about his business but clearly that is not what she had in mind. I don't see how anyone could condone her left-lane-bandit, enforcer attitude that could have ended up deadly but whatever...
actually, it looked like she was going between 55-60mph. Not sure what the speed limit is there, though. Also, for all we know, the trucks in the right lane sped up some. What we do know, is that the person filming was going to turn left. And if she's going the speed limit, has every right to stay in the left lane, to turn. even if she was a mile down the road. i'd rather be in the lane i'm going to be in, to turn, than to try to cut people off, right before my turn comes up. And from what I can tell, she had no opportunity to let this guy pass, unless she were to slow down and get behind the two trucks she passes, just to make this guy happy. Because once she passes the two trucks, the tailgater went into the right lane to pass...
Old 03-28-2014, 12:08 PM   #21
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Do yourself a favor, look at the whole video. She paces right next that truck in the right lane for the entire first minute of the video going the same speed and blocking the pick-up (you see just a glimpse of it at the beginning and she is sure it doesn't show in her video until she FINALLY passes it). She shows her speedo at under 50 MPH. Also notice how many left turn pull outs she passes. This person is just as guilty of road-rage if not more-so than the pick-up driver. She had many, many opportunities to just let this guy pass and go about his business but clearly that is not what she had in mind. I don't see how anyone could condone her left-lane-bandit, enforcer attitude that could have ended up deadly but whatever...
So you expect her to pull into a left turn lane that she isn't going to use just to let this guy pass? I guess next time I get tailgated on the highway and the right lane is blocked I'll just pull into one of the turnarounds in the median to let them pass.

And again, she was planning on making a left hand turn. There is no problem staying in the left lane when your turn is coming up, even if you piss off the car behind you, especially when the road is wet as it was that day and weaving in and out of a line of semis (which is a stupid idea even in ideal road conditions) just to appease some idiot in a hurry could result in you wrecking yourself.

If she was riding the left lane for five miles going 10 under the limit then yeah you'd have a point. But seeing as her turn was coming up in a short distance and she was moving at a reasonable speed given the conditions, you don't.

The only thing she did wrong honestly was filming the whole thing because that is distracted driving. Otherwise, I see no problem with what happened and obviously FHP didn't either.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:30 PM   #22
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Read the speedo wrong, does show 55 MPH. If the truck had time to pass her on the right, BEFORE she sped up to pace him for a while so he could then flip her off, she had time to move over and let him pass. Like I said, clearly not what she had in mind, she obviously had it out for this guy.
And do we really know that was where she was turning left and she didn't just stop there to gloat and finish her video or make up that lie to justify her blocking the left lane? Hell of a co-incidence, they drive all those miles and he just happens to crash precisely where she needs to turns, so she says. People never lie to cover their ass right???
I'm mean if you ARE a left-lane-bandit and DID contribute to an accident you damn well better make a cover-your-ass story to try and justify your actions, or am I the only one that understands human nature? What do we always see in the police threads about only hearing one side of a story?
You guys keep defending this person, and I hope you don't fall victim to her games or someone like her someday.
I have to wonder, what would this thread be like if the guy was in a Camaro and not a black Ford truck...
Old 03-28-2014, 12:33 PM   #23
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Read the speedo wrong, does show 55 MPH.
She CLAIMS she was making a left turn!
And do we really know that was where she was turning left and she didn't just stop there to gloat and finish her video or make up that lie to justify her blocking the left lane and contributing to a rage rage incident? Hell of a co-incidence, they drive all those miles and he just happens to crash precisely where she needs to turn, so she says. People never lie to cover their ass right???
I'm mean if you ARE a left-lane-bandit and DID contribute to an road rage accident you damn well better make a cover-your-ass story to try and justify your actions, or am I the only one that understands human nature? What do we always see in the police threads about only hearing one side of a story?
You guys keep on defending this person, and I hope you don't fall victim to her games or someone like her someday, I'm done.
I have to wonder, what would this thread be like if the guy was in a Camaro and not a Ford truck?...
Old 03-28-2014, 12:55 PM   #24
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
Road rage is road rage. Both parties participated in it one way or another. Both of you have points which are good. Every situation is different though.

I'm not defending either party. I would have had to witness it live to make an actual decision. There are many bad drivers out there and one thing that would fix many accidents or potential accidents is patience.

Sent from somewhere on the road.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:10 PM   #25
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Driving slow in left lane. Hate that ish. Having said that, there is an open lane..just go around her and give an ear full of long tubes while at it.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:19 PM   #26
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
This video also appeared locally but the anger towards this woman driving in the left lane and holding up traffic is overwhelming. Also, she has more than enough time to keep right and locally all our highways have signage "Keep Right except to pass" making her at fault. To add to it she is using an electronic device while driving endangering everyone on the road. Road rage isn't right but bating a driver while breaking multiple laws should see her lose her licence and pay multiple fines.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:23 PM   #27
PT145SS

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2008 MB E50, 2004 RAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Exactly. If someone is able to pass you on the right while you are in the left lane, you have failed as a driver.

There was a left hand turn coming up... what if she was in the left lane so she could make that left turn?

I would agree if it were an interstate with exits ramps, but surface streets are a different story.
PT145SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:11 PM   #28
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Karma for sure....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk