Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 03-16-2013, 03:07 AM   #1
Sabot

Drives: ZL1 Gone :(
Moving to Florida

Hello

Well...retiring from the Army and moving to Florida around July time frame, the wife have family in Middleburg so we thinking about moving there. Right now I hang with the Las Cruces, NM/El Paso, TX chapter and they are a great group of guys and will miss them. I have a Victory Red 2013 ZL1 and love it. Anyway have not decided what area to move in yet I would appreciate some input, would like to be kinda close to a military base for obvious reason. Also will be looking for a J.O.B so if you have something for me let me know...lol.
Sabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
I live in crestview and there are alot of military bases here to include the 7th Special Forces Gp (A).
Old 03-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #3
WildOne
the "crazy cat" lady

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Blk Vrt
Middleburg is nice, rural yet not too far from Jacksonville...anyway, wherever you wind up...WELCOME!
WildOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
MANNYS2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS,LS3
Welcome!!

LS-3, ProCharger D1SC
665. rwhp /562. rwtq @ 9.3 psi
MANNYS2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #5
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS LS3 Black/IO Vert
CONGRATULATIONS on your retirement

PM sent discussing healthcare available to military retirees.
AFCMSGTRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #6
Codeman1407
TEAM LLT!

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT
I live right on the edge of Middleburg/Orange Park!

We have a pretty good scene here in jacksonville, which i imagine will be a lot more active the better the weather gets! Check out the Jacksonville Camaro Club thread for any info on meets or events! Hope to see you around!
Old 03-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #7
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
There are two Navy bases in the Jacksonville area, not far from Middleburg and Saint Augustine.

St. Johns county has some of the best schools in the state as well. Just south of Jacksonville and east of Middleburg.

Keep us posted!

Congrats on the retirement!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #8
NoSloSS
BUMBLWHO

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
the Pensacola area is nice, but not too friendly job-wise for us Retired Army folk. That on top of the hiring freeze due to our wonderful congress has seriously stopped almost all hiring. We are looking out of this area and closer to an Army base as possibilities. Gotta love when you go to Civilian personnel to look for assistance and they tell you to go look at USAJobs. It can be disheartening. As I said the area is nice but noone wants to pay what you should be paid anywhere else. My wife is still on Unemployment from Hawaii because she went from making 50k a year to coming here and noone wants to pay more than 9 or 10 dollars an hour. All I need to say is research the areas fully before deciding, if we had we probably would have been elsewhere. Sorry for my rant just trying to help.
NoSloSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #9
Sabot

Thank You so much guys on all the good info but damn ya making me scare to get out... but I have to cause is not fun for me no more.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #10
GTAHVIT
Blessed

I got out of the Navy after 9 years... Tough call... but you'll find that what you should have learned in the military will serve you well as a civilian.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #11
bnorman

Drives: 2015 1SS
Congrats on the retirement. I actually am in the process of moving to Jax this weekend, took me 3 months to find, interview and be selected for a job. Will be working for the Navy Exchange and I can't complain at all about anything (other then it took 3 months). Not sure what type of work you are looking for, but the NEX usually picks people up, the University of Florida has some out of the way places to work all over the state aside from Gainesville. Not to plug another site, but indeed.com was great in the job search.
bnorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #12
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Camaro Corvette GTO G8 Tuner in Tampa

I live about 3 miles away from MacDill AFB in South Tampa.

Is a beautiful area. If you have kids in school, the saying is live north of Gandy blvd and south of Kennedy Blvd.

Riverview area is also great. You get more for your money out there and is about 45 minutes to the base. A ton of Military folks that live out that way and there are some car pooling groups.

USAA doesnt write new home owner coverage in south Tampa, but I think they do in Riverview area.

USAA does write coverage for my cars.
I guess four of them cost less to replace than my house when the "big one" huricane hits. lol

Pinellas County is beach lined. Some areas are hit or miss and sometimes the Gandy bridge can get some traffic.

No state tax here, but they bang you on property tax and homeowners insurance.

We have some great car clubs in the area, so you'll really enjoy it here.
enjoy your move to the area,

Phil
www.TampaTuning.com
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #13
Sabot

Thanks guys, this to me right now is nerve racking cause I have been in the military longer than a civilian and on top this move to a state I never been in but oh well...adapt and overcome.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #14
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabot View Post
Thanks guys, this to me right now is nerve racking cause I have been in the military longer than a civilian and on top this move to a state I never been in but oh well...adapt and overcome.