#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-14-2016, 05:00 PM   #15
GoneBoy

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
Agreed. Not everyone is going out looking for this car but those that do are competing against each other to be one of the first to take delivery. It's not like the dealers don't know that. My dealer and I have been working on this for over a year. I will admit I will be pissed if I see that there are any orders placed before mine or if I'm given the run around. If that happens I'd be willing to walk away in principle though starting over elsewhere just means I'm at the end of the line so it's a no win situation. If there's any gouging going on I may have to get a vinyl graphic that says XYZ dealer raped me. Call 911
Same here. Been talking to my dealer for going on a year now too after I walked away from ford when they told me they would be selling the gt350 w/tech package for $74K. I'm the first of 6 in line a this particular dealer and they assured me I'd be getting it for msrp. So while demand for this car may be high, there seem to be some good dealers out there who don't believe in jacking up the prices. I believe dealers should profit, but you reach a certain point where it's simply egregious.

In hindsight, ford did me a favor. gt350 can't hold a candle to the zl1. And even if the new gt500 ends up going toe to toe with the zl1, I wouldn't even wait for it because it may end up being a $90k car or more with ADM, judging from how ford dealers managed the 350's. No way.
GoneBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 05:48 PM   #16
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_Nick3.8 View Post
Not right away because initial demand. After that wave a good high volume dealer will easily accept those terms.
Agreed. However anyone looking for a car right away is going to have a tougher time. Unfortunate that the demand is likely to exceed the supply for some time. Everyone please go buy the Volt. It's pretty cool. Just not for me.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 06:01 PM   #17
Gen_Nick3.8

Drives: 22 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Agreed. However anyone looking for a car right away is going to have a tougher time. Unfortunate that the demand is likely to exceed the supply for some time. Everyone please go buy the Volt. It's pretty cool. Just not for me.
Yes yes go buy a volt!!
Gen_Nick3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 06:52 PM   #18
Fred25

Drives: 2SS Garnett,black enblems,AR Wheel
Good info here. I talked to my preferred dealer about this already. They believe they will only get 1 in 2016/17.I asked them if thy would commit to sell it to me for msrp. They agreed to do it with no non refundable deposit. The alternative is to wait till the next model year but eventually buying a ZL1 at a discount will occur just like on the Corvette Z06s. MSRP is already paying high when you consider that reality. Custom ordering is the only way on restrictive cars to get what you want. If you want a ZL1 there will be plenty of dealers who will commit you a buy for ADM charges just like when the GT350 came out. Ford is already making more items standard and now you can buy for under msrp from a variety of dealers. What I like about GM on this is they eventually will make enough ZL1s to meet base demand. It wont happen in year one but it will happen. Ford proved how not to sell a specialized car with the GT350. Claming limited supply which drove prices up which screwed the buyers. No one needs a ZL1 or a GT350. They are bought by car nutz like us. Porsche does the same thing by limiting production numbers but encourage dealers not to sell above msrp. What happens with them is once a car is sold wink wink and the second buyer gets to pay enormous premiums. Financially cars are not a resource to spend money on. The are more fun to drive. If you live a long time Barrett/Jackson prove you can really screw future owners...mostly from folks who pay a lot more for a watch then the average guy. LOL
Fred25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 06:53 PM   #19
datboi448

Drives: 2013 2LT RS, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
And what do you imagine invoice would be compared with MSRP since most dealers are looking for well above that. I personally believe getting a ZL1 for MSRP will be somewhat challenging for awhile based on demand initially.
lets say MSRP is 60k base but the average is between 60-65k drive out. I would speculate that invoice would be 45-50k.

Having said that would I expect to drive out in my ZL1 for under 55k? I dont think so, nor would I suspect anybody be able to who currently has a deposit in the safe at the dealership. I think with this MY being the 50th anniversary, there will def be markup on that alone. Which may carry value later down the road. But I dont plan on ever selling mine.

Maybe later in the MY if they have one sitting on the lot it can def be negotiated down. We honestly don't know the demand for this MY. I think you can make a case that, 90% of those who plan to order already have a deposit at the dealership.

I think that if you point out how many of the most expensive trims are still sitting on the lot from the previous MY. And that making a deal now on an order is one less potential allocation that sits on the lot for who knows how long. You can probably shave several thousand off from just saying that the only risk in this deal for you is if I walk away now with my deposit and you reduce your max potential allocations by at least 1.

Where is my tin foil hat...
datboi448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 09:22 PM   #20
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
45 to 50...ummm no way.

invoice will be 3 or 4k lower than msrp
Old 04-14-2016, 10:03 PM   #21
Sabot

Drives: ZL1 Gone :(
MSRP is my goal, The dealer where I bought mine '13 did had my car $5000 above MSRP but I drove it out the show room at 10:30pm at MSRP so I was happy. Thanks guys for all ya input.
Sabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:14 PM   #22
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
45 to 50...ummm no way.

invoice will be 3 or 4k lower than msrp
I tend to agree. If someone is making 10-15k above invoice at msrp I will eat someone's tin foil hat.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:24 PM   #23
datboi448

Quote:
I tend to agree. If someone is making 10-15k above invoice at msrp I will eat someone's tin foil hat.
Well, the 2015 zl1 auto MSRP is 57k with no other options, and there is another thread here of of one for sale at 49999, are you saying that is at or below invoice?
Old 04-14-2016, 10:41 PM   #24
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by datboi448 View Post
Well, the 2015 zl1 auto MSRP is 57k with no other options, and there is another thread here of of one for sale at 49999, are you saying that is at or below invoice?
I'd say it is below invoice. The objective is to move the car since its desire ability is diminishing as newer models are introduced. The dealer just needs to move it out. My guess is they made money on other models do losing even a couple thousand means they can make up for it by replacing it with a 2017 model. IMO
Old 04-14-2016, 10:50 PM   #25
datboi448

Quote:
I'd say it is below invoice. The objective is to move the car since its desire ability is diminishing as newer models are introduced. The dealer just needs to move it out. My guess is they made money on other models do losing even a couple thousand means they can make up for it by replacing it with a 2017 model. IMO
Fair enough, that seems reasonable. I would think they would have it listed at just a little bit more than invoice to try and get a profit out of it still. Yes they need to move it but the 2017s aren't landing for a while.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:31 AM   #26
Baker

Drives: 2010 camaro RS,2017 camaro 1Le
So this is my first time ordering and my first time financing a car too. So I have a few questions.when I order it then it is delivered are the tax, and title fees due the day of pick up or is that included in the monthly payments? Like I said its my first time, last time I paid all at once so not completely sure on how financing works.
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 02:23 PM   #27
datboi448

Everything is included in the final drive off price. When I got my 13' I did my financing there at the dealership through ally bank. Was not the lowest rate I could have gotten, but I was going to pay it off early so it didn't matter to me.

From what I was told, you are best off being preapproved and ready go to when you take delivery. My credit union will create a temp account with the max amount I am approved for and hand me a blank check for whatever amount I need so long as it doesn't go over the account limit. Otherwise it bounces.

Shop around, talk to the dealer about financing options they have. They may try to avoid it, because they want you there in the office with the car sitting outside to create more pressure on you accepting whatever loan offer they can find for you.

Just remember, that starting the car loan process will cause a hard inquiry on you credit history, which can cause your rating to go down. Make it clear when you are shopping that you do not want them to do a credit check because you are still looking at other possible offers from other lenders. A good loan officer can give you a decent idea of what you can get without needing to look at your history and from just asking you a few questions.