Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 11-02-2018, 12:53 PM   #1
3rdGenAg2010

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Question Turning off Nannies for Autocross

So somehow I have been driving my car at the autocross for over a year and didnt know i was leaving the stabilitrack on. I have been pressing the TC button twice thinking that turned everything off. Now i know i need to hold it down for 8 seconds or so to turn everything off.

Im curious from yall who have done some autocross if you can tell a big difference between the two button press (competitive mode) and turning everything off.

Im going to try it either way, but i was wondering if anyone else had done it in an autocross setting.

TIA!!
3rdGenAg2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 01:17 PM   #2
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Stability control nannies a lot of different things. An experienced driver can make better time without it though. It'll help with some breaking in turns and overall control of the vehicle. It mainly uses braking and pulling power in times of traction
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:45 PM   #3
2thousand2

Drives: 1997 Camaro SS
I leave it off, even competitive mode seems too invasive to me.
2thousand2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:11 AM   #4
Matty Ice

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
You will probably be consistently faster with it in competitive mode. You will also have your fastest and slowest run with it off. Just depends on what you want, to be consistent or get the one fastest lap you can if you nail everything perfect. For me, the car is more predictable with everything off, but then there is nothing to help/save you if you don't respect what this car is capable of.
Matty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:05 PM   #5
3rdGenAg2010

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty Ice View Post
You will probably be consistently faster with it in competitive mode. You will also have your fastest and slowest run with it off. Just depends on what you want, to be consistent or get the one fastest lap you can if you nail everything perfect. For me, the car is more predictable with everything off, but then there is nothing to help/save you if you don't respect what this car is capable of.
Yeah it worked out well. Got consistently faster each run and never felt out of control. Great car
3rdGenAg2010 is offline   Reply With Quote