Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #85
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
this is honestly a joke. ok i understand a car might have some problems after a install. its still rare though. but them having your car for that long to leave you still with problems.

thats messed.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #86
SS_Diaz

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to SS_Diaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
this is honestly a joke. ok i understand a car might have some problems after a install. its still rare though. but them having your car for that long to leave you still with problems.

thats messed.

Yeah, its gone on for way to long and now i cant even get a call back from them after leaving them numerous voicemails. They got my money and i guess thats all that mattered.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #87
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
I don't think many high end shops will touch it. That is when the finger pointing will begin. Continue to work with HPS. Continue to get his attention on here until he resolves it.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #88
doomsdayjesus081

Drives: VR 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Damn bro, this sucks. I am glad I decided to go in a completely different direction. At the very least, I would call Ted Jannetty and hear his thoughts on what is going on. God luck, I hope you get it fixed.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #89
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Diaz can you post a video of this starting issue?
Old 10-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #90
SS_Diaz

Yeah i can get a video on here by tonight. I've talked to a few different shops both on here and locally, dont want to name them because of forum rules and to keep them out of the drama but.... The recommendation i keep getting is to switch to id850's then go from there. If that doesnt fix it right off the back they would go into data logging and getting more in depth.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #91
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
Before you can figure out any problems you need to have the right hardware, which would not be FIC injectors. I would start with some ID injectors (we have incredible prices on these) and get the tune sorted out with good injectors, good data and report back
Old 10-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #92
pincushin3819

Drives: 11 AGP TT SS, 14 ECS C7
Hey bud I had the HPS kit installed on my car & I could not be happier with the kit. I also bought FAST 90lbs injectors & installed them myself. HPS installed a new ZL1 fuel pump after my Aeromotive fuel pump failed with three working days on it. When the A1000 went bad I was like damn here comes the problems but HPS fixed it within a few days & I was back up & running. The reason why Im telling you this is because its not really the turbo kit fault & I dont wont people to be scared away from this kit. The problem is something to do with your fuel delivery. It soulds like what was wrong with my car with the A1000. My car would act up on cold starts until I switched to the ZL1 pump. I dont know what you & Chris have worked out or what he said he would do that he didnt do to fix the problems. That part is really none of my business but I think when the fuel issue does get worked out you will be very happy with the HPS kit. Good luck with your build!
Old 10-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #93
rhunley14

Drives: Camaro SS
I agree pinccushin..I've been very happy with mine too. However the op has spent money on a product that beforehand was fine and now is not functioning properly. I'm sure once the issue does get resolved he will be happy but until then I understand his situation. Like I said beforehand I had issues too and he did jump to take care of all my issues. Hope this gets resolved soon ss..
Old 10-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #94
Pro Stock John
Writer

Drives: 2010 SS / 1967 Camaro
I skimmed through the thread..

Mechanical
Electrical
Tune
Fueling

Need to figure out what is going on. Super hard to diagnose over the phone, but I'll throw an idea out there. If the car is running rich, it's possible it's hard to start sometime because of that.

But if you can get it to start no problem sometimes, and idle, that means the plugs are not fouled out right?
12.37@112 1.85 | + Kooks Headers/Cats + 20" 555R + CAI + BW TB + UDP + Tune
12.06@113 1.70 | + CD 3200 + 18" NT05R + RCR Intake + NE OTR + GPI Tune
11.84@115 1.59 | + 3.91s + Race Star 17x7 Fronts
10.90@125 1.47 | + GPI VVT Cam + BW Ported Heads + CD 3800
Old 10-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #95
SS_Diaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhunley14 View Post
I agree pinccushin..I've been very happy with mine too. However the op has spent money on a product that beforehand was fine and now is not functioning properly. I'm sure once the issue does get resolved he will be happy but until then I understand his situation. Like I said beforehand I had issues too and he did jump to take care of all my issues. Hope this gets resolved soon ss..

Hunley i would just like to throw this out there but we both know since the very first day i took delivery of my car it was not running right. Since day 1 i have had the fuel problem. thats the whole reason this post got started. the original name of this thread was different but the mods made me change it which is fine. Rules are rules. but my problem has not been resolved and chris has had the opportunity to fix it more than once and he hasnt!! There is a whole lot more lies from HPS to this story but i will save that for my review due to forum rules. My car has been at HPS for a combined total days of over 3 months. That is unheard of and poor business. Good on them for trying to achieve what no one else has (front mount turbo) but there are still issues with the kit.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #96
JLE58

When I saw your car Diaz about a month or so ago was starting .3 or .4 seconds slower than a stock camaro I was under the impression that was the problem?
Old 10-05-2012, 04:59 PM   #97
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crime2 View Post
Just my two cents. The MAF is cheep, put one in. It's not cheep but ever think about ID850's and ditch the FIC's?

When I was told to spend $950 on injectors I told the guy he was nuts. Well I did it and the car runs perfect.

My car runs perfect with FICs. I sincerely doubt its the injectors.

Vengeance has used FICs on hundreds and hundreds of builds and they love them....and they're kind of uppity about what they install....so I would look at the tune instead.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
Old 10-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #98
JLE58

Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
My car runs perfect with FICs. I sincerely doubt its the injectors considering they have been replaced and the problem is the same.
I've never had a problem with fic's either nor has anyone I know. This forum is the first one I've even been on that's had "'issues"'with them.

Closed Thread