Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #15
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
Geez, I'd like one but no way would I wait that long, reminds me of how CAI Inc was stringing their customers along.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #16
HawkGirl
COTW 11/18/2013

Drives: 750-HP ZL1 Carbon
Yes, he is very slow...but he does good work if you have patience. It's been worth the wait. The finished product is remarkable!
Old 10-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #17
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave K View Post
I have a CRT and had Alan make me front and rear bow ties in kevlar which matches pefectly, they did take forever but he also makes a kevlar rear spoiler for us CRT owners, don't know about the fit issue but you do need to be patient if fact you have to forget about it so when it shows up your'e surprised.
Patience, HA! That's a joke, right? 10 months waiting on a product and I needed to be patient? Or even forget I gave a vendor money so I will be surprised when it shows up? Who are you kidding? When I have paid in full for a (not cheap) product, and am told it is shipping the following week and 8 months later I am still being told the same story, my patience had been fully expended.

Ultimately, I did receive my spoiler from Alan, but as I mentioned it had fitment issues and the finish was dull and hazy. Definitely nowhere near the quality I was told I would receive after numerous phone calls with (and promises from) Alan. I am sending back the spoiler and I will hope I get my money back. Obviously, others in this thread have been waiting the entire time as well. I hope Sam gets his spoiler soon, and that it doesn't have the same issues mine had. I know there are others that are waiting too. If I posted the pics and videos of my spoiler issues, you would understand where I am coming from.

Sorry OP.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #18
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
GM just needs to start making this part for real so we can purchase the real deal.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #19
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave K

I have a CRT and had Alan make me front and rear bow ties in kevlar which matches pefectly, they did take forever but he also makes a kevlar rear spoiler for us CRT owners, don't know about the fit issue but you do need to be patient if fact you have to forget about it so when it shows up your'e surprised.

Patience, HA! That's a joke, right? 10 months waiting on a product and I needed to be patient? Or even forget I gave a vendor money so I will be surprised when it shows up? Who are you kidding? When I have paid in full for a (not cheap) product, and am told it is shipping the following week and 8 months later I am still being told the same story, my patience had been fully expended.

Ultimately, I did receive my spoiler from Alan, but as I mentioned it had fitment issues and the finish was dull and hazy. Definitely nowhere near the quality I was told I would receive after numerous phone calls with (and promises from) Alan. I am sending back the spoiler and I will hope I get my money back. Obviously, others in this thread have been waiting the entire time as well. I hope Sam gets his spoiler soon, and that it doesn't have the same issues mine had. I know there are others that are waiting too. If I posted the pics and videos of my spoiler issues, you would understand where I am coming from.

Sorry OP.
I am one of those in the same boat, a lot of promises but no product.

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
Old 10-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #20
Big Top Gt
Account Suspended

Drives: IOM 2010 2SS/RS (LS3)
Send a message via AIM to Big Top Gt Send a message via Skype™ to Big Top Gt
I'm sorry, did I miss a meeting here?

I don't mind taking an @$$ kicking for the things I've done (being slow is the top of my list), but it's not exactly fair for me to stand idly by while someone only tells half the story.

You'll all have to forgive me if I don't keep all the user names straight, since we do so much with so many, but I'm only aware of one spoiler that ever had fitment issues and the owner STILL tried to use a nut in an attempt to force it down onto the decklid, over tightening it, which broke the stud in the spoiler. (if it didn't fit and was so terrible, why try to put it on the car in the first place?)

That kind of damage isn't repairable, nor is it covered under any reasonable warranty offerings from ANY company and I STILL offered to try to work something out with him.

In fact, it's been more than a month since I offered to try to work something out with the owner, but I have yet to receive the spoiler for inspection.

So, if thats you, please send the spoiler back for inspection, per our prior conversation.

Or not.

Given the damage caused by improper installation, and us having reached was I thought was an arrangement for me to try to do something to take care of you, yet now you're treating me like a dirty scammer who stopped answering emails, I'm not sure how it benefits me in any way to really do anything for such damage.

If you want to keep it so you can complain and tell people I screwed you, that's up to you, but at that point there's no reason for me to even consider taking back a spoiler damaged in a way that was unrelated to manufacture.

That'd be a Standard position taken by ANY vendor.

As HawkGirl said, and as I've said repeatedly: we're slow, but never dishonest. We stand behind the work and have many satisfied clients like HawkGirl to show for it.

Unfortunately, we've experienced some serious and mutually painful growth and staffing challenges that have certainly impeded growth.

The most important thing is that we continue working to fill any straggling orders while we've redoubled our efforts to speed up new orders to completion.

I now understand why so many carbon companies go under and I think we've done a better than average job of setting ourselves up to be here to provide quality parts and service for the long haul.

Is it ever going to be 100% perfect 100% of the time?

Unfortunately, not.

... But that doesn't mean we don't make that our goal every time we put the key in the lock every day.

So, I sincerely apologize to you or anyone who has had to endure a lengthy delivery time. We're doing our best to get faster and better everyday.

Please feel free to email me directly at Alan@g3carbon.com should you or anyone else need assistance, service, or support.

Thanks,
Alan
Big Top Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #21
Big Top Gt
Account Suspended

Drives: IOM 2010 2SS/RS (LS3)
Send a message via AIM to Big Top Gt Send a message via Skype™ to Big Top Gt
Oh, and we have two spoilers going out this week and the bladed versions will ship next.

I believe Sam and Eric are this week's shipments.

Last edited by Big Top Gt; 10-21-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Big Top Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #22
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Top Gt View Post
Oh, and we have two spoilers going out this week and the bladed versions will ship next.

Sam!! Me!! : clap2:

Can you tell I'm excited!!

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #23
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Top Gt View Post

Can you please post some photos of the product?
I call it Vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #24
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
Cool, I hope to get one soon as well
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:09 AM   #25
Vicster
1000hp is NEVER Enough!

Drives: 13' ZL1
How long did you wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by red67 View Post
Yeah Alan at g3 makes them. Should have mine soon

I ordered a carbon rear spoiler With the S.S. blade from Alan in April 2013, still no word when it will be done.
I cannot wait to get it, Alan says it is coming along and should be AWESOME!!!

How long ago did you order yours?

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK ALAN AND CREW, I CAN WAIT, BUT IT IS KILLING ME - KNOWING HOW GOOD THE SPOILER IS GOING TO BE!!!!!
Old 10-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #26
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
I ordered on 7 March, he requested final payment on Sept 13th, which I paid the same day. He said the final payment meant it was ready to ship, it is now Oct 26th and I have no shipping info, nothing. I am beginning to worry and may have to take further actions.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #27
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
I ordered on 7 March, he requested final payment on Sept 13th, which I paid the same day. He said the final payment meant it was ready to ship, it is now Oct 26th and I have no shipping info, nothing. I am beginning to worry and may have to take further actions.
That sucks especially considering they're always posting pics of completed parts on Facebook.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #28
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
Wait. He said he is not dishonest. I'm confused.
URBAN LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote