Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-25-2017, 12:18 PM   #1
rbenotti

Drives: '13 LS, '09 Forester, '11 HD SGlide
Looking at a 2013 Camaro LS with under 10k miles on it

Hey all,

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 2013 Camaro LS with under 10k miles on it. The price is good, the place of purchase seems top notch.

The car seems very solid, and the 6 speed manual gives it plenty of go (for me).

Wondering what people's thoughts are for what I should look for? I have to think it would be pretty mechanically sound. Brakes may squeak due to what I would assume is weekend only use. Can't imagine the clutch would need any sort of adjustment or the like. Obviously change the oil, but the transmission fluid? The car isn't new (age wise), and I know miles aren't everything.

Now that I think about it - the radiator fluid interval, or is that a mileage change?

Oh - and I should make the do the recall on the keys right? Or not bother. It's kind of cool, but I can see the other side as well.

Look forward to any input.

Thanks!

Rob
rbenotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:09 PM   #2
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Under 10k. If the price is fair market, I'd jump on that. Fyi, I paid 21,900 for my LS 2011 brand new.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:12 PM   #3
SnowyCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Chevy Equinox
With that low of mileage it just need to be driven. Look for any body work.

Are you concerned that it might be rolled back at all? Seems too low to be true.

Even on the new cars though I have found the parking brake needs to be adjusted. If you have to pull it up all the way to get it to hold, make them adjust it. It's a pain to do yourself, there isn't a line adjuster, need to adjust the shoes behind the rotor.

If you wanted to be picky you could make them swap brake fluid and engine oil but doesn't matter. All other fluids will be like new.

I would keep the switchblade. Unless you are over 6 feet with abnormally small arms and sit with the wheel at your chest.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2017, 01:18 PM   #4
rbenotti

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowyCamaro View Post
With that low of mileage it just need to be driven. Look for any body work.

Are you concerned that it might be rolled back at all? Seems too low to be true.

Even on the new cars though I have found the parking brake needs to be adjusted. If you have to pull it up all the way to get it to hold, make them adjust it. It's a pain to do yourself, there isn't a line adjuster, need to adjust the shoes behind the rotor.

If you wanted to be picky you could make them swap brake fluid and engine oil but doesn't matter. All other fluids will be like new.

I would keep the switchblade. Unless you are over 6 feet with abnormally small arms and sit with the wheel at your chest.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk
I get the sense it was a Sunday driver (on sunny days, the 3rd Sunday of every month out, with the windows up and the AC on - ahaha!!!)

Going to have the Carfax pulled, but it looks original. Betting it was garaged too. I don't really have a concern for mileage or rollback in this case. It does seem low.
Good note on the parking brake. Will keep that one in mind.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:46 PM   #5
dotbowels

Drives: Convertible RS 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbenotti View Post
I get the sense it was a Sunday driver (on sunny days, the 3rd Sunday of every month out, with the windows up and the AC on - ahaha!!!)

Going to have the Carfax pulled, but it looks original. Betting it was garaged too. I don't really have a concern for mileage or rollback in this case. It does seem low.
Good note on the parking brake. Will keep that one in mind.
Are there any service records (oil changes etc) you can look at?
dotbowels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:48 PM   #6
rbenotti

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotbowels View Post
Are there any service records (oil changes etc) you can look at?
Going to ask that as well. I have to drive it back tonight after work.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:55 PM   #7
dotbowels

Quote:
Going to ask that as well. I have to drive it back tonight after work.
If there's Dealer Service maintenance records most like you will know if rolled back by dates. You'd know by wear and tear on seats, arm rests, door panels etc. If you're buying from dealer call & ask them to have CarFax ready when you get there. Good Luck!
Old 07-25-2017, 03:01 PM   #8
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Stephens= View Post
Under 10k. If the price is fair market, I'd jump on that. Fyi, I paid 21,900 for my LS 2011 brand new.
I have to agree.

Best part about this aside from the milage? The year. 2013 is the 'Sweet Spot' due to the upgrade in suspension and all the other tech goodies that came out by then. Also, it is the last year of the pure retro look Camaro before they changed the rear and front ends.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7š overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160š thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 03:11 PM   #9
rbenotti

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
I have to agree.

Best part about this aside from the milage? The year. 2013 is the 'Sweet Spot' due to the upgrade in suspension and all the other tech goodies that came out by then. Also, it is the last year of the pure retro look Camaro before they changed the rear and front ends.
Good to know 2013 is a good year. I do like the look of it.

And I was looking at a 2014 with more miles........before I saw this one.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:47 PM   #10
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Good to know 2013 is a good year. I do like the look of it.

And I was looking at a 2014 with more miles........before I saw this one.
The 14 did win most reliable sports car.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:08 PM   #11
dotbowels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenafan85 View Post
What he said......
Old 07-25-2017, 04:56 PM   #12
rbenotti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenafan85 View Post
Makes sense. I like the look of the '13 and after driving it, it seals the deal.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:06 PM   #13
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Nice ride, only thing that you will miss from that year is the infotainment screen. LT and up had them. It was 1st year Chevy had them & last year for the cool tail lights. That's what makes the 2013's the sweet spot of Camaro.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:09 PM   #14
rbenotti

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13LTLoveIt View Post
Nice ride, only thing that you will miss from that year is the infotainment screen. LT and up had them. It was 1st year Chevy had them & last year for the cool tail lights. That's what makes the 2013's the sweet spot of Camaro.
Yeah. Luckily even though I'm an IT guy, I ok with simple. Would make it nice to have a backup camera, but it's fine to back up.