Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-04-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
Adam
You Said Member

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Auto RS
sorry to cross post but need someone who can get onto chevylaunch.com

and tell me what this guy was talking about:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=18

Thanks for any help.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #2
Adam
You Said Member

also if any dealers are reading this, do you have installation instructions for the optional subwoofer package? I'd like to see them if that's possible, because I'd like to install a subwoofer the right way and I can't figure out how they expect me to do that.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #3
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
The bulletin simply addresses which devices are/aren't compatible with the head unit, not anything about known issues or software updates regarding USB sticks.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:22 PM   #4
Adam
You Said Member

ok thank you.

if anyone can find dealer subwoofer installation instructions let me know.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #5
ralyrat

Drives: RS/SS Vector Tuned Kooks Roto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
and tell me what this guy was talking about:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=18

Thanks for any help.
Bulletin #09-08-44-013 – dated May 18 – regarding the USB interface available on several Chevrolet models. The bulletin features details information and troubleshooting information regarding the USB feature.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:45 PM   #6
ralyrat

Drives: RS/SS Vector Tuned Kooks Roto
#09-08-44-013: Information on USB Command and Control Multimedia Player Interface/List of Supported Devices - (May 18, 2009)
Subject:
Information on USB Command and Control Multimedia Player Interface/List of Supported Devices
Models:
2010 GM Full Size Trucks (Pickups and Utilities)
2010 Buick Allure (Canada), LaCrosse, Enclave
2008-2010 Cadillac CTS
2009-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt, HHR, Malibu
2010 Chevrolet Camaro, Equinox,Traverse
2010 GMC Acadia
2009-2010 Pontiac G5, G6, Solstice, Solstice Coupe
2009-2010 Saturn AURA, SKY
2010 Saturn OUTLOOK
All Equipped with Convenience and Connectivity Package - RPOs KTA, KTB, SRJ, UUI, UUJ, UUM, UUN, U2S, U2X, U2Y, UAV, UYZ, UY5
USB Radio and MP3 Functionality
The USB (Universal Serial Bus) will be a USB 2.0 port on the radio faceplate, on the IP or in the center console. This interface will give the customer the additional functionality of iPOD/MP3 command and control. Customers now have full radio control of the iPOD/MP3 audio files via the USB cable. A single USB connection allows digital audio transferring from the iPOD to the radio.The customer will also have playback capability with a USB memory stick (only MP3 and WMA files).
Note: Not all memory sticks are supported.
Customers have full radio control of the iPOD/MP3 audio files via the USB cable. A single USB connection allows digital audio transferring from the iPOD to the radio. The iPOD will be charging while connected to the radio.
Note: Video from the iPOD is NOT capable of being transferred to a Navigation radio diplay.
For the Chevrolet Cobalt, HHR and Malibu; Pontiac G5, G6, Solstice; and Saturn AURA, SKY, the USB port is on the faceplate of the radio. For all other models, it is located in the center console or IP.
For the Cadillac CTS only, a special iPOD (USB and AUX cable) is needed. This special cable comes delivered with the vehicle. In all cases, the iPOD will be charging while connected to the radio through the USB port.
Problems with iPOD Not Connecting
If the infotainment system does not operate properly when using a device connected through the USB port, this may be due to an incompatible media device.
Important: DO NOT replace the radio or multimedia interface module due to a customer device incompatibility issue.
Verify the customer's media device is validated for this system using the list below. If the customer's device is a validated device for this system, follow the SI diagnostic procedure to isolate the fault. If the customer's device is not on the validated device list, explain to the customer that their particular unit is not compatible with the system.
Troubleshooting Tips for iPOD Devices
1. Check the version of the iPOD/MP3 to confirm that it is supported.
2. Unplug and Re-insert the iPOD to verify the customer complaint.
3. Verify the battery charge of the iPOD. A low battery condition on the iPOD may not allow it to connect to the radio. The iPOD may need to be charged before it can be controlled by the radio.
4. If the customer receives a "Device Not Supported" message on their radio or is having general iPOD/MP3 connection issues (and they have a supported device), they may need to reset their iPOD. To rest the iPOD-

For the IPOD Nanos and Classic , Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

For the IPOD Touch and IPhone: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider.
5. Have the customer check their cable for quality.

Aftermarket cables can wear from use. The customer may need to purchase a new USB cable.

Verify that cable extensions are not present. The extra capacitance may cause too large a signal drop for the iPOD to communicate with the radio.
6. If the customer receives a "Device Not Supported" message on their radio with an iPOD connected (and they have a supported device), the customer may need to download the latest firmware from the Apple website (Please visit www.apple.com for more information).
Validated Apple Device - Both Charge/Support Digital Audio (For All RPOs)
For further information on identifying iPOD models, please visit http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1353
Old 06-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #7
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Hey GM... FYI... it's "iPod" not "iPOD". Not that it really matters but come on. Is there a list missing? We know the Zune and some PlaysForSure devices are supported in the Camaro but no mention here...
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:40 PM   #8
Adam
You Said Member

hmm no mention of issues I'm experiencing.