Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #43
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
I apologize, I just looked at you charts again and I was mistaken. The Camaro is clearly leading the segment in sales across the board. A new product will always have challenges and regardless of the economy, sales couldn't be better. I would have hope for more at this point but the Camaro is outselling the Corvette and Porsche 911. The Camaro alone is the only vehicle capable of sustaining interest in the American sports coupe market.

Whatever the sales numbers of this new product are, lets forget them... The fact is that this new product is outselling every single performance vehicle offered today. It doesn't really matter when it came out, what really matters is that it did come out and whether GM is happy with the results is irrelevant. What is important is that those who wanted one, finally got one and I am sure that sales will continue to rise regardless of product trends. Just as weight was used to slander the car, it has no effect of actual sales... and furthermore.. actual sales has no effect on its popularity.

I have to admit, I was wrong on my previous post. I just can't see this car following its predecessor's sales trends (Mustang, Firebird or Camaro) and will continue steady sales throughout its remaining years... Again, apologizes for the abrupt sales analysis...
lol, you forgot your <sarcasm> tags.... but seriously, I know the Camaro is selling more because it is new and in a few years w/o a redesign it will be selling far fewer, just like the trend for the 05-09 Mustang. However, I was trying to make a point that no matter how you look at it, the big 3 ALL are heavily outselling any of the competition and that alone shows more demand for them in their market than anything else. Even the Challenger with its even heavier chasis, less fuel efficient engine, and older underpinnings is still beating anything not in the Big 3. Will gas prices continue to weigh heavily on sporty cars? Yes. Will the Camaro have a 4 cyl in the next platform? maybe, but it will still look like a Camaro, no matter how you slice it. And it is my belief that as long as they don't horribly mess up the redesign, no matter what engine is under the hood of the base model it will still outsell most of the competition. As long as people crave a car that is more fun than practical "sporty coupes" will continue to be around.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #44
Archontruth

Drives: 2012 1LT Coupe
That's great, but maybe they should focus on getting the Camaros they've already sold to their owners in a timely manner.

Passed the 8 week "upper ceiling" the dealer promised me a week ago, and my car's now been sitting at a local rail yard going nowhere, with no explanation, for eight days.

Delivered 10/7/2011
Archontruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #45
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
lol, you forgot your <sarcasm> tags.... but seriously, I know the Camaro is selling more because it is new and in a few years w/o a redesign it will be selling far fewer, just like the trend for the 05-09 Mustang. However, I was trying to make a point that no matter how you look at it, the big 3 ALL are heavily outselling any of the competition and that alone shows more demand for them in their market than anything else. Even the Challenger with its even heavier chasis, less fuel efficient engine, and older underpinnings is still beating anything not in the Big 3. Will gas prices continue to weigh heavily on sporty cars? Yes. Will the Camaro have a 4 cyl in the next platform? maybe, but it will still look like a Camaro, no matter how you slice it. And it is my belief that as long as they don't horribly mess up the redesign, no matter what engine is under the hood of the base model it will still outsell most of the competition. As long as people crave a car that is more fun than practical "sporty coupes" will continue to be around.
I know, I wasn't being sarcastic.. I was giving the political, don't ban me again response. The American sports coupes are selling better than the rest of the field. However, we are beginning to be classified and priced along with those that are elite (M3) but still producing on a level far higher then they are. Ford has already limited production due to demand, same as BMW with the M3. Chevrolet can no longer produce the 5th Gen as they do and only sell 80% of what they make. 1-5% is Ok, incentives will clear the lots eventually, 20% and in some months up to 40% is a marketing NO GO. This car is still slightly new, another year its gonna nose dive, even if the economy was great, new products don't last forever... If the US market doesn't shape up, we will be down there with everyone else....

Quote:
That's great, but maybe they should focus on getting the Camaros they've already sold to their owners in a timely manner.

Passed the 8 week "upper ceiling" the dealer promised me a week ago, and my car's now been sitting at a local rail yard going nowhere, with no explanation, for eight days.
Hang in there, most of the time dealers lose contact with the cars on rail. It is actually a complicated process to ship a car and I know first hand that the wait is horrible especially with winter coming... Also, this is the Camaro's fleet sales season, priority is wholesale.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #46
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
At this rate, the pony car will be dead in another year. Regardless of the numbers, the sales are stale... 6,900, 5000 and 3300? At least the Camaro incentives helped sustain sales for September, however, the long cold winter is approaching... There needs to be a change in the pony car lineup ASAP... The Camaro leading with 6,900 sales is awful... that is about 45% of where it should be. The muscle cars are dead, time to shed the dead skin and become something else...

Edit: And 47,000 Camaro's left unsold to date.. ugg....
If the segement is dying, why is it on an upward trend vs a year ago?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #47
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Facepalm... The camaro is leading its class in sales because it has the best combo, of styling, performance, ride quality, fuel economy and the most swagg in the eyes of the general public. Some co-workers of mine love the camaro best because its like owning a life size Hot Wheels car. Im not buying the whole "Its only selling more because its new" cop out, I don't see the newer focus out selling the cruze.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #48
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
Facepalm... The camaro is leading its class in sales because it has the best combo, of styling, performance, ride quality, fuel economy and the most swagg in the eyes of the general public. Some co-workers of mine love the camaro best because its like owning a lfe size Hot Wheel car. Im not buying the whole "Its only selling more because its new" cop out, I don't see the newer focus out selling the cruze.
Plus, using the 'old vs new' logic ... shouldn't the Challenger be outselling the Mustang, since its newer?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #49
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Plus, using the 'old vs new' logic ... shouldn't the Challenger be outselling the Mustang, since its newer?
lol was about to post this.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #50
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
Just my opinion, but with 9+% unemployment in this country, almost 1 in every 10 people, and probably actually higher, and a $30,000+ car, I think the sales are amazing. Even the upper middle class is holding onto their dollars, people are doing without many things, and even if they need a new car, they are settling for less. Lets see what happens to sales when we get this country back on track.

It is an amazing vehicle, even many Corvette owners have "traded down" to it. And even if they discontinue it... I got mine.
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #51
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJim56 View Post
Just my opinion, but with 9+% unemployment in this country, almost 1 in every 10 people, and probably actually higher, and a $30,000+ car, I think the sales are amazing. Even the upper middle class is holding onto their dollars, people are doing without many things, and even if they need a new car, they are settling for less. Lets see what happens to sales when we get this country back on track.

It is an amazing vehicle, even many Corvette owners have "traded down" to it. And even if they discontinue it... I got mine.
THIS! Just what I was thinking

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:05 PM   #52
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Camaro sells well because of its looks an performance, end of story. People want a good looking car, and it knocked the ball way out of the park on that. Add to that the base model V6 is one of the fastest brand new cars you can buy in its price range as well as a base model SS. Only things that keeps up with the LS for the price is the V6 mustangs (faster) and same with the SS and 5.0.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #53
FC_GIBB

Drives: 2012 Impala LTZ
Mopar or no car... unless its a chevy camaro

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "'The United States of America", for an amount "up to, and including my life". That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it.
FC_GIBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:26 PM   #54
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Bob was wrong then... Back on topic, 7000 is great, if they keep up these numbers, the 5th Gen will be a very profitable and high volume seller at the end of its model life span. The profits will most likely attribute to the 6th Gen Camaro when it is released in 2014 and should prove to be very competitive with the next Mustang.
Im pretty sure....that you just spent an entire page arguing that these numbers are dismal..
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #55
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
At this rate, the pony car will be dead in another year. Regardless of the numbers, the sales are stale... 6,900, 5000 and 3300? At least the Camaro incentives helped sustain sales for September, however, the long cold winter is approaching... There needs to be a change in the pony car lineup ASAP... The Camaro leading with 6,900 sales is awful... that is about 45% of where it should be. The muscle cars are dead, time to shed the dead skin and become something else...

Edit: And 47,000 Camaro's left unsold to date.. ugg....
Don't know if you actually looked at the data but if you compare the last three months of this year to the same months last year the sales of the camaro are significantly HIGHER this year. So... yeah... I think the Camaro will be just fine.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #56
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
Don't know if you actually looked at the data but if you compare the last three months of this year to the same months last year the sales of the camaro are significantly HIGHER this year. So... yeah... I think the Camaro will be just fine.
oh, didn't you know, it's because the 2011 camaro's are newer this year.

wait, wat?