Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 07-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
FatalSports

Drives: Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to FatalSports
T&T Performance - Fixed body damage, Fixed other shops mistakes, and Cammed me!

I wanted to post this review of my experience with Tim and T&T Performance in Frederick, MD...sorry it is long, but it is definitely a worthwhile read!

Let me first start out saying I have had Tim work on my previous Camaro, a 2010 back in 2010. He did normal bolt ons to the car (LTs, Exhaust, Intake, Tune). I was extremely impressed with his work, availability, and pricing! But due to circumstances, I had to sell the 2010 shortly after buying it...I was prepared to trade it into the dealer or go to Carmax and take a substantial hit. I informed Tim that I had to sell the car and he actually found a buyer for me. I merely just told him the car was for sale and within 1-2 weeks, he had a buyer lined up to pay off my loan!

So fast forward to now...I have a 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS. Shortly after buying it, I brought it back to Tim to get the basic boltons - LTs, Exhaust, Gears, Intake, and Tune. Car was PERFECT! But of course, I got hit by the mod bug and the need for more power. I was enticed by another reputable performance shops offer of 0% financing for S/C installs. I jumped on the deal and the car was off to this shop for a SLP 2300/tune. I loved the car after I got it back from this shop...it made 534/491. Again I was extremely happy with how the car turned out. 534 was nice...but I wanted 600 lol

At this point, I should have just went to Tim and got him to do the rest of the mods...but I decided to take it back to the same shop that did the SC install...as I was pleased with them to this point. I was in talks with them about what mods I can do at this point to get close to the 600rwhp goal. We ultimately decided on a Pulley upgrade and Meth kit. I picked up the car approx 1-2 weeks later...and within days had to bring the car back in because it was running extremely rich. They re-tuned the car and gave it back to me as fixed. Fixed..No No , I ended up having to bring the car back in 2 more times for them to fix the car for the same issue. I was told multiple things with it being the Meth controller not working correctly, my car putting out some weird frequency which was activating the meth, Meth was dumping with just the key on, etc...
Each time I brought the car in to them, they gave it back to me within 1-2 weeks saying it was fixed. The last time I took it in to them, they said the issue was fixed and the car made 585 rwhp.

Shortly after getting the car back, a deer decided to run into the side of my car.

Some of you forum members recommended me taking the car to Tim @ T&T...I had no idea he did body work, but he certainly does and did an excellent job on the car! I brought the car to Tim and we talked about repairing the body damage...everything was set and then we started to chat about how things were, etc... I told him the mods the car had and some of the issues I experienced with the car. He offered me a free dyno run on his dyno and I gladly accepted.

Let me let this dyno run do the talking:

As you can imagine, I was extremely angry. We reviewed the data logs as well and the Fuel Pressure dropped to the 20s-30s in the upper RPM band. Tim asked me if I had a Fuel Pump done. I informed him that the previous shop told me I did not need one after asking them about it...obviously the data logs showed different. Tim did a couple more runs and noticed the IATs were getting high, we started investigating and found out the SC had no coolant in it!

So, I decided to have Tim and his tuner re-tune the car and add a Cam and ZL1/ADM Fuel Pump setup. Tim started the work of not only doing the body repairs (new front bumper, fender, paint, etc...), but also the performance mods as well. Tim informed me that there was still issues with the meth controller the previous shop installed. It was not working correctly and causing issues...the previous shop apparently did not fix the issue! So, at that point I told Tim to turn off the meth controller and run/tune the car without meth. I will be removing the meth kit as the previous shop did not perform the service as expected.

Within 2 weeks...EVERYTHING WAS DONE! Paint match was perfect, everything lined up perfectly...I was extremely happy! Car sounds amazing...the lope is just insane!

Car ended up making 618/565 during this recent heat wave where it was over 100 degrees in the shop!

Car with previous shops work without meth and pulley change made 534rwhp on their dyno
Car with previous shops work WITH Meth made 580rwhp on Tim's Dyno.
Car with T&T work/tune - NO METH, CAM added - 618rwhp on Tim's Dyno

So, if you look at the car without the meth and just the SC...it made 534. Then with the pulley change, CAM, and T&T doing the tune...I picked up 84rwhp

Having the deer run into the side of my car was a blessing in disguise...as I could have faced some potential damage to the engine and SC with the fact that the meth kit was not properly working as I was told on multiple occasions and that there was no coolant in the SC.

I'm so thankful and pleased with the work Tim and his crew did on the car. It's exactly how I expected the car to be. The tune is spot on...it drives normal...until you stomp on it and it just sounds BAD ASS!

Thank you again Tim and T&T...I will never take my car to any other shop again! If you are in the Mid Atlantic area...please please consider taking your car to Tim for anything!
FatalSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Ive seen and heard your car in person, and it is a very nice 45th sounds badass as well enjoy.
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #3
FatalSports

Drives: Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to FatalSports
I forgot to post some of the after Pics/Vid of the car showing the body repair and Cam idle...

FatalSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Sweet.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:11 AM   #5
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
I had a similar issue when I installed my meth kit, it would pump meth with just the key on. It turned out to be a bad ground in the wiring for the MAF converter.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:33 AM   #6
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Sweet! List the mods in your sig now. Nice work!
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote