Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 07-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #113
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
Tomorrow around 1pm..
With two drivers there should be plenty of time to get it to you.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #114
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
This thread is SPECIFICALLY about RX

Quote:
I hope hes getting McDonald's or something on the way
He better not be eating in your car!
Old 07-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #115
RSokie
Proud owner of Litho #195

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
Good lawd this is insane!
RSokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #116
james347

Drives: 2006 Crownline
Quote:
Tomorrow around 1pm..
I hope everything works out perfectly!

Wonder if you have Onstar enabled? You could call them and ask "Hey where is my car?"
james347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #117
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by james347 View Post
I hope everything works out perfectly!

Wonder if you have Onstar enabled? You could call them and ask "Hey where is my car?"
Nah, I let that expire... It could of helped out last years fest, when I locked my keys in the car....

Last edited by GbrilliantQ; 07-30-2013 at 01:36 PM.
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #118
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Man I hope they are not dicking you over. I would hate for you to miss this Fest and enjoy your car. Good luck my friend.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #119
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
yeah, I figured we both know who I was referring.

just saying, I think the worst of it is over. no need to keep smearing it, unless there's more wrong you currently see them doing.

I guess I have a different perspective. I've been following tracy and his work since I first bought my v6 Camaro, back in april of 2010. He was basically the one and only person to go to in the LLT world, here on c5. he has helped make a lot of great stuff for the LLT guys/gals. It saddens me to see that it seems his shop has gone to crap. Something that took me a while to admit. I wanted to really believe that there were only a few misunderstandings, but now I do see what's going on, and like I said, it's more sad to me, than me being angry/upset.
. Tracy was doing stuff like this before camaro5... Most people just didn't know any better...
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #120
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Quote:
Does he know, people can see what hes doing on the forums? I mean hes checking out that thread and now hes private messaging.....

I hope hes getting McDonald's or something on the way
I would think that you'd be use to performance shops letting you down by now especially after that huge ordeal with you and Chris.

but then again, think about it. Tracy and Chris share the same similar trait as in, "but honestly, it wasn't my fault. it was because blah, blah, blah...."

so in that sense, it's the same BS as before. it's just from a different person/shop. but I really hope in your case you don't get screwed again.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #121
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
This thread is SPECIFICALLY about RX

It's not going to be all nicey nice in here with all that has been happening recently - people are legitimately angry and have every right to voice their opinions in the vendor review/feedback section - good and bad.

So why would you come into this thread if you don't like reading it?

It's important to get ALL information publicly available so people can make informed decisions about where to take their cars
while I realize this is a thread specifically about RX, it is also specifically about one person's ordeal with RX. There is a reason why multiple other specific RX threads have been closed...because everyone was "dog piling" the threads. and unfortunately, because of that, other people are talking about their own problems with RX in this thread, instead of being able to start their own, because they will probably get closed. not to mention the people who have no experience with them, are also bashing RX.

I think the biggest deal with this whole RX issue, is that it was spilling over into the rest of c5.

I guess what i'm saying is, every negative RX vendor review, ended up being the same people saying the same thing over and over. heck, some of the positive reviews ended up a bashing rx thread. lol
Old 07-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #122
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
while I realize this is a thread specifically about RX, it is also specifically about one person's ordeal with RX. There is a reason why multiple other specific RX threads have been closed...because everyone was "dog piling" the threads. and unfortunately, because of that, other people are talking about their own problems with RX in this thread, instead of being able to start their own, because they will probably get closed. not to mention the people who have no experience with them, are also bashing RX.

I think the biggest deal with this whole RX issue, is that it was spilling over into the rest of c5.

I guess what i'm saying is, every negative RX vendor review, ended up being the same people saying the same thing over and over. heck, some of the positive reviews ended up a bashing rx thread. lol
I understand where you are coming from Poorman...and you are right that at certain times it maybe did "spill over" a bit much.

But we are not just talking about 3 or 4 recent bad experiences here. We are talking many many more than that on just this site alone. Can't blame the people for wanting to jump in and warn others about their experiences. If I was about to spend 10K with some shop, and someone out there truely felt like I was going to get screwed...I'd appreciate the warning.

Sure I probably would be a bit skeptical/dissapointed that I now have to worry about the service the shop would provide, but at least then I wouldn't be blindsided.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #123
JLE58

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I understand where you are coming from Poorman...and you are right that at certain times it maybe did "spill over" a bit much.

But we are not just talking about 3 or 4 recent bad experiences here. We are talking many many more than that on just this site alone. Can't blame the people for wanting to jump in and warn others about their experiences. If I was about to spend 10K with some shop, and someone out there truely felt like I was going to get screwed...I'd appreciate the warning.

Sure I probably would be a bit skeptical/dissapointed that I now have to worry about the service the shop would provide, but at least then I wouldn't be blindsided.
I agree. Most people have never been screwed over by a shop for thousands of dollars so they don't understand how it feels.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #124
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLE58 View Post
I agree. Most people have never been screwed over by a shop for thousands of dollars so they don't understand how it feels.
I'm kind of used to it....

From my Note
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #125
JLE58

Quote:

From my Note
Yeah you have to be by now! Sucks bud I hope it works out.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #126
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:

From my Note
Well your case has at least high profile. Wish you the best. KMP is right people need to express themselves fairly and honestly without edit. I have poormans mentality too as I have been to the shop many times all of which were very positive. If something is true it should be allowed to be reported. You can't pay to suppress negative information. That is not the American way.

My guess you have a v8 which improves your odds as most of the disappointment I know of is with v6. The llt with Bosch is a nightmare many avoided but Tracy really did try but maybe failed fi idk, but he did try to improve the llt engine.