Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-31-2013, 09:29 PM   #15
rickyrocket

Drives: 2015 blk 1 SS
You should have disconnected the battery,I made a left at a light the first time driving w/CAI installed & broke the tires loose under normal acceleration,huge improvement on a LFX
Old 08-31-2013, 09:38 PM   #16
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
When it comes to intakes, I'm really impressed by the impact that marketing has on people. There are so many options that one really great intake is not profoundly superior to another really great intake. VaraRam and Cold Air Inductions are both great choices, and both boast impressive gains. Going from stock to either, the butt dyno might feel it. Even that is iffy, since the dyno will only record a gain of a few RWHP. Between a pair of quality brands like these, you won't be able to discern a difference. They may sound marginally different and produce a little pull in different parts of the torque curve, but you aren't a machine for measuring that minute a change.

Don't be disappointed. A CAI is not designed to be a standalone mod. It is designed to help with the flow of air. Along with headers and a catback exhaust, you will see some great improvement. It isn't one of these parts that makes that happen. It is the concert of all three of them.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:47 PM   #17
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Don't be disappointed. A CAI is not designed to be a standalone mod. It is designed to help with the flow of air. Along with headers and a catback exhaust, you will see some great improvement. It isn't one of these parts that makes that happen. It is the concert of all three of them.
Except it's a two-piece concert with the LFX, not a three-piece.

Nobody's putting headers on the LFX. Chevy did that for us already (improved flow through the engine).
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:52 PM   #18
The_Blur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
Except it's a two-piece concert with the LFX, not a three-piece.

Nobody's putting headers on the LFX. Chevy did that for us already (improved flow through the engine).
That's true for the LFX. I was pointing out that traditionally we would open up the entire intake and exhaust system, starting with easily installed bolt-ons. Ambitious builders would then consider heads, rockers, valves, and all the other stuff that flows. Being a DI engine, that, too, is complicated.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:57 PM   #19
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
That's true for the LFX. I was pointing out that traditionally we would open up the entire intake and exhaust system, starting with easily installed bolt-ons. Ambitious builders would then consider heads, rockers, valves, and all the other stuff that flows. Being a DI engine, that, too, is complicated.
Agreed. It seemed like you were addressing the OP directly, and since he has an LFX, I just wanted to clarify for him and others reading this thread.

There's enough confusion with new LFX owners asking about headers (hence the sticky), that I didn't want to contribute more.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:00 PM   #20
The_Blur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
Agreed. It seemed like you were addressing the OP directly, and since he has an LFX, I just wanted to clarify for him and others reading this thread.

There's enough confusion with new LFX owners asking about headers (hence the sticky), that I didn't want to contribute more.
That's a good call. Allow me to clarify: don't worry about headers, LFX guys!