Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 10:35 AM   #43
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
Give the officer the respect he deserves. He is doing the job that the tax payers hired him to do. It is not glorious and he deals with the scum of the earth as well as experiencing situations that none of us would ever want to see.

Pay the ticket.

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
Old 10-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #44
nevrenz

Drives: 2011 RED Camaro
Yeah in the Bay Area I always get pulled over for Tint and no front plate. Just know its going to happen eventually.

BTW, all my police officer and sheriff friends make over 6 digits easy. My CHP friend started at 75k as a rookie and now makes well over 6 digits.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:39 AM   #45
2SS 2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Black
just deal with it you baby(OP)
Old 10-01-2014, 10:59 AM   #46
Sigelitest

Drives: White 2016 Z06
There is no way a radar gun is accurate to 1mph. It has to reflect off the car and would change biased on the shape of the car. Also I believe the color even has to do with it.
Giving someone a 1mph ticket is a waste of taxpayer’s money because I would defiantly go to court on that one. They must rely on people from out of town that more than likely would just pay that. That is like giving someone a fine for spitting their gum out the window.

6 years ago I had my grand prix gtp break down on the high way. It was 100 deg out and I had a baby in the back seat. A state trooper pulled in front of me, used my open hood as a cover to block him from on coming traffic. I started to walk toward his car when he took off to go pull someone over for speeding. I know this because I got it to start 10 min later and I passed him, He never even checked to see if I was ok. Guess he was looking to write tickets and not help anyone out.

Some officers are nice and others are defiantly not. If u are speeding you are rolling the dice on what u get.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:28 AM   #47
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigelitest View Post
There is no way a radar gun is accurate to 1mph. It has to reflect off the car and would change biased on the shape of the car. Also I believe the color even has to do with it.
Giving someone a 1mph ticket is a waste of taxpayer’s money because I would defiantly go to court on that one. They must rely on people from out of town that more than likely would just pay that. That is like giving someone a fine for spitting their gum out the window.

Agreed. But if they have had the radar gun calibrated within the required period of time they are supposed to, you will get the ticket you cant fight at any mph over. Most people dont go and fight the tickets anyway even if local. It's too much of a hassle to go to court to MAYBE get off without the fine and points.

OP I understand your rant though. Could always be worse though. At least he pulled you over for a reason. When I was younger and lived in Fishers, IN still living at home, I would get pulled over almost every month for absolutely nothing. I had a Dodge Magnum (dont tease) when they were cool (yes they were cool for a year or two) that was my DD and show car. I would get tailed on the regular and twice pulled over for no reason just to be asked if I had drugs and/or weapons in the car. It got so bad that when I was pulled over twice in 2 weeks I told the cop to tell the rest of them in that town to leave me alone because they weren't going to get me for anything at all ever. Never once got a ticket or violation in that car either.
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:33 AM   #48
PEW-PROFESSIONAL

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Get a receipt for the tint telling what the % is and you will be good. Most states require a officer to test the tint with a window tint meter prior to giving a ticket. Just produce a receipt or a sworn statement from a LEO and go to court. As for the front plate deal, you were warned multiple times, the law is the law.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:35 AM   #49
PEW-PROFESSIONAL

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevrenz View Post
Yeah in the Bay Area I always get pulled over for Tint and no front plate. Just know its going to happen eventually.

BTW, all my police officer and sheriff friends make over 6 digits easy. My CHP friend started at 75k as a rookie and now makes well over 6 digits.

They are ALL overpaid, just saying, considering the rest of the officers in the country make nothing. Oh and CHP officers are the worst in the industry.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:36 AM   #50
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Had a CHP let me off on a warning in the Camaro once. He'd clocked me at 92.

I won't be rolling that die again, that's for sure. Just as effective (if not more) than throwing the book at me.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Old 10-01-2014, 11:42 AM   #51
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
To be honest if I were a cop I would catch everyone with a possible violation. But I wouldn't take anyone to jail for speeding. If they were going 104 in a 75, I'd just say "here's your ticket, and please do it when others and I aren't around!"
Old 10-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #52
alanhurst
Master Chief

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS L99
rule of thumb is to keep your speed no more than 5 mph over the limit anywhere you go.

I drive 40 miles each way to work, keep the cruise at 70, and you can basically ignore any cops you see.

letting people blow on by you is a hell of a lot better than tickets and higher insurance payments.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:40 PM   #53
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhurst View Post
rule of thumb is to keep your speed no more than 5 mph over the limit anywhere you go.

I drive 40 miles each way to work, keep the cruise at 70, and you can basically ignore any cops you see.

letting people blow on by you is a hell of a lot better than tickets and higher insurance payments.

Exactly.
Want to go fast? Go to the track with the big boys, and where the speed actually matters.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

Old 10-01-2014, 12:50 PM   #54
jcamaro37f

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
Exactly.

Want to go fast? Go to the track with the big boys, and where the speed actually matters.

yep.. but that's speaking to a very small amount of people who want to go fast.

But for others.. it's not so much a place to do it.. but just an utter disregard for anything.

We currently have an issue here in California regarding side shows and freeway take overs.

It's basically a middle finger to all gov, LE, and law abiding citizens.

They call it a " movement"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2014, 01:10 PM   #55
DesertCamaro

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbubbaklein View Post
Give the officer the respect he deserves. He is doing the job that the tax payers hired him to do. It is not glorious and he deals with the scum of the earth as well as experiencing situations that none of us would ever want to see.

Pay the ticket.
These threads pop up every couple of days on this board and are driven by the children creating them.

People have no idea what modern day law enforcement entails and the cop bashing that goes on around here has been outlawed recently.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:16 PM   #56
jcamaro37f

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertCamaro View Post
These threads pop up every couple of days on this board and are driven by the children creating them.

People have no idea what modern day law enforcement entails and the cop bashing that goes on around here has been outlawed recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk