Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 04-04-2016, 02:08 PM   #1
Phantom20
Righty Tighty Lefty Loosy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Thumbs up Quality of Remote Tunes?

I'm thinking of getting my 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 Automatic tuned at Jannetty Racing.

I will be in Connecticut for a few weeks this summer where they are based in and so it leaves me the option of a remote tune (cheapest) or the in-shop dyno (most expensive).

I'm wondering if remote tunes are disingenuous and are worth it? The shop said that they charge $399 for the remote tune and it will come with the 'device' as well. Does this mean I can use the tuning device myself in the future as well?

The mods that I mainly have are a cold air intake, oil catch can, muffler delete, and Vittesse Throttle Controller. So not sure if a dyno tune would be worth it.

What do you all think? Is it a good price and how much should I expect out of it?
Phantom20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:54 PM   #2
Livernois Motorsports

Drives: 2010 Camaro 454 LSX (SOLD)
Hello there Phantom;

Great question, dyno tuning can be the best option when you have some pretty aggressive custom cams, a really rare setup of mods, etc. that make remote tuning rather difficult. In those cases, a lot of shops do recommend, and rightly so, tuning the vehicle on the dyno at their location.

We offer custom tuning but make our tunes custom based on your individual vehicle as well as the mods you have on there. The throttle controller though would be replaced by the tune as we would be adjusting power bands, throttle response and shift points with our custom tune.

The price for ours would be $599.99 and with the purchase price you would get lifetime tuning support (should you add more mods) as well as lifetime customer service. Sometimes having someone pick up the phone when you need help is more valuable than emailing back and forth with a very impersonal representative

Also worth noting, if you picked up another Camaro or GM vehicle down the road that we tune for, we'd also be able to transfer the license of the tuner to that vehicle too.

Please feel free to give us a call if you want any info, we're here for you.

Cheers!
Livernois Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 02:44 PM   #3
carlosdmartins
To help and to be helped!

Drives: '15 Camaro 1LT/RS, Black/Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livernois Motorsports View Post
Hello there Phantom;

Great question, dyno tuning can be the best option when you have some pretty aggressive custom cams, a really rare setup of mods, etc. that make remote tuning rather difficult. In those cases, a lot of shops do recommend, and rightly so, tuning the vehicle on the dyno at their location.

We offer custom tuning but make our tunes custom based on your individual vehicle as well as the mods you have on there. The throttle controller though would be replaced by the tune as we would be adjusting power bands, throttle response and shift points with our custom tune.

The price for ours would be $599.99 and with the purchase price you would get lifetime tuning support (should you add more mods) as well as lifetime customer service. Sometimes having someone pick up the phone when you need help is more valuable than emailing back and forth with a very impersonal representative

Also worth noting, if you picked up another Camaro or GM vehicle down the road that we tune for, we'd also be able to transfer the license of the tuner to that vehicle too.

Please feel free to give us a call if you want any info, we're here for you.

Cheers!
Do you guys work with LFX engines as well?

K&N Cold Air Intake, Oil Catch Can, Trifecta Tune, Z28 style spoiler, T5 front lip/side rockers, door sills, chrome fuel door, side gills, LED cree fog lights, Hotckins 1" lowering coil springs, auxiliary gauge pack, tower strut brace!
carlosdmartins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 04:16 PM   #4
SoChrisB

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom20 View Post
I'm thinking of getting my 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 Automatic tuned at Jannetty Racing.

I will be in Connecticut for a few weeks this summer where they are based in and so it leaves me the option of a remote tune (cheapest) or the in-shop dyno (most expensive
I'm wondering if remote tunes are disingenuous and are worth it? The shop said that they charge $399 for the remote tune and it will come with the 'device' as well. Does this mean I can use the tuning device myself in the future as well?

The mods that I mainly have are a cold air intake, oil catch can, muffler delete, and Vittesse Throttle Controller. So not sure if a dyno tune would be worth it.

What do you all think? Is it a good price and how much should I expect out of it?
Don't waste your money on a tune until you have headers, a cam, or other significant mods.
SoChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:54 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom20 View Post

I will be in Connecticut for a few weeks this summer where they are based in and so it leaves me the option of a remote tune (cheapest) or the in-shop dyno (most expensive).

Thank you for choosing JRE for your custom tuning needs.

Your purchasing the Equipment (SCT X4 handheld tuner) to tune your car whether your remote tuning or Dyno tuning, this device will support you regardless of the modifications all the way up and past 1500 Horsepower.

When you purchase the SCT X4 from JRE, you get your first tune FREE for any cold air kit and any cat back so it is an amazing Value, that saves you hundreds of dollars up to 500.00 in most cases.

My custom tunes Transform your L99 in to the performance car you thought you bought but were disappointed by AFM and Torque management.

JRE unleashes the beast within.

Any future part purchases from JRE come with FREE custom tune updates for those parts.

I remote tune even the most serious combinations, and hold many top spots on the fast lists with remote tuned vehicles.

Recently one of my remote tune customers when 209.0 at the Texas Mile.

You can be confident in the quality JRE delivers.

Thank you

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 03:52 PM   #6
kstormoen

Drives: Camaro SS2 L99
Ditto that! Ted is the man. He has helped me out a ton. I would recommend them for sure.
kstormoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 05:40 PM   #7
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Rhino is also a very good tuner and has several of us at the top of Fast List's on C5.

Old 04-16-2016, 12:56 PM   #8
avido

Drives: camaro ss\rs
I wouldn' buy any device like the sct. I bought it when I was new in the game.These devices are too limiting and the price is not really cheap. With a bit m ore you can buy hptuner which let you do more stuff and it last forever.
2014 camaro SS Whipple powered ,3.750 pulley,ID850, CAI,Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust,MGW racing shifter,Bo White ported tb,MightyMouse Catch Can,Vitesse throttle controller,GM 3.91 rear end, Dynatech longtube haders, BTR Pd cam,Fluidampr stock pulley,ZL1 fuel pump and ADM fpcm, Phastek scoop and fluid thank relocation Bmr Motor mount . Tuned by Mastuning

avido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 11:20 AM   #9
LS7 427
10.11 @ 136.32

Drives: Black & Yellow 2SS/RS LPE LS7 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by avido View Post
I wouldn' buy any device like the sct. I bought it when I was new in the game.These devices are too limiting and the price is not really cheap. With a bit m ore you can buy hptuner which let you do more stuff and it last forever.
I've been tuned repeatedly with both Hptuners and SCT and neither was limited for tuning functions. I wound up sticking with SCT because I liked the tuning stratagies of the tuner not the device used.

Built, Tuned and Maintained By........
LS7 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 04:37 PM   #10
avido

Drives: camaro ss\rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS7 427 View Post
I've been tuned repeatedly with both Hptuners and SCT and neither was limited for tuning functions. I wound up sticking with SCT because I liked the tuning stratagies of the tuner not the device used.
me to. but actually sct comes married with a tuner. it doesn't accept file from another one when hp tuner does . with hptuner( or efi live) you can do it by yourself without asking or paying someone for stupid thing like the rear end adjustment.
2014 camaro SS Whipple powered ,3.750 pulley,ID850, CAI,Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust,MGW racing shifter,Bo White ported tb,MightyMouse Catch Can,Vitesse throttle controller,GM 3.91 rear end, Dynatech longtube haders, BTR Pd cam,Fluidampr stock pulley,ZL1 fuel pump and ADM fpcm, Phastek scoop and fluid thank relocation Bmr Motor mount . Tuned by Mastuning

avido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:25 AM   #11
LS7 427
10.11 @ 136.32

Drives: Black & Yellow 2SS/RS LPE LS7 427
If you're referring to hptuners VCM tuning software, I believe SCT has their Advantage III programming software available as well.

Built, Tuned and Maintained By........
LS7 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 02:18 PM   #12
cp9002

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS
Jannetty tuned my L99 today. They did a great job. It feels like a completely different car. I had a Dyno tune but I'm sure he will do just as great of a job with a remote tune. Either way, you won't be disappointed.
cp9002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:17 AM   #13
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp9002 View Post
Jannetty tuned my L99 today. They did a great job. It feels like a completely different car. I had a Dyno tune but I'm sure he will do just as great of a job with a remote tune. Either way, you won't be disappointed.
Thank you for your business and the feedback.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remote tune