Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #1
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
In a dilemma, suggestions?

Alright here's what I am debating about currently...

I am about 2 seconds away from ordering the MPD1 Z/28 hood for my car. As of now the engine compartment is completely stock and this hood is designed for a CAI.

I don't currently have enough funds to purchase the hood + shipping + CAI + paint for the hood.

I was going to get the heritage grill soon as well, but decided I really don't like it as much on a V6 front fascia. Should I hold off on the hood until I can get the CAI or should I just get the hood and purchase the CAI a month or so down the road? What are your suggestions.

If you're not firmiliar with the hood it has a spot cut out for the CAI and the CAI has the top cut out and a rubber sealer that goes around the hood hole to make a good fit.

Here's what I mean (these are Yorgy's pictures of his hood and engine V8, it'll be the same setup on my V6)

I'm not going for engine upgrades really as I love the V6 gas mileage and there aren't many Camaros where I live so I just want it to stand out more than it already does.

Figured I'd throw that in there for the people that decide to tell me to just get a V8 or something, haha. Thanks again! Looking forward to your suggestions!

Here is the hood picture as well. (BSX_Camaro's car)
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
If it's only a month, why not wait until you can get it all. If it were me, I would wait to get the grill too so it's only one trip to the body shop.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Yeah that's true, but honestly I'm putting it on a credit card and paying it monthly so the quicker I get it the quicker I can pay it off and get more stuff haha.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:40 AM   #4
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Doesn't sound like OP is still wanting the Heritage Grille. Motorhead is right though if you do decide to buy it, have it painted all at once since your painter will have the paint made up from the hood. (I'm assuming the hood will be mainly black like your car?) Or if you are painting the grille black, just buy it later pre-painted. Here's the link to a GM pre-painted black one.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...umber=20999488

If you're not planning on getting the grille then just buy what you can afford now. Who cares if the hood isn't functional if it looks good. And you can always put on a pre-painted grille later yourself. Only takes a few hours.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
Doesn't sound like OP is still wanting the Heritage Grille. Motorhead is right though if you do decide to buy it, have it painted all at once since your painter will have the paint made up from the hood. (I'm assuming the hood will be mainly black like your car?) Or if you are painting the grille black, just buy it later pre-painted. Here's the link to a GM pre-painted black one.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...umber=20999488

If you're not planning on getting the grille then just buy what you can afford now. Who cares if the hood isn't functional if it looks good. And you can always put on a pre-painted grille later yourself. Only takes a few hours.

Definitely! I want the heritage grill unpainted, getting it painted black without the bowtie with a blue pin stripe around the inside of it to match my fender stripes, but that can wait. Just waiting on confirmation about shipping for the hood to understand how that works then it's on order! Going to pay a few payments of the credit card then buy the CAI. Can't wait!
Old 02-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
5cents
Dave

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS - Black/CGM Stripes
I'm sitting here looking at the picture of BSX's Camaro and saying to myself how bad a55 that hood looks on that car, with the double hood openings (hood & SS fascia). I'm trying to picture it on a RS V6.

Either way, my vote is that you should just buy the hood now, no one will know you don't have the CAI unless they look under the hood. So, I have to agree with ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm
..... just buy what you can afford now. Who cares if the hood isn't functional if it looks good.
Attached Images

5cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:04 AM   #7
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Here it is on a V6. (Dragom's car)

Old 02-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #8
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

I'm just going to do a black hood. Kind of like this: (RaiderSS-Stealth)

This is the sinister hood though.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #9
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
I'm just going to do a black hood. Kind of like this: (RaiderSS-Stealth)

This is the sinister hood though.
You NEED some lamps in that bumper. It doesnt look right without any. Nice hood tho

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #10
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
You NEED some lamps in that bumper. It doesnt look right without any. Nice hood tho
That's not my car, that's RaiderSS'. I believe he put lights in it actually. That may be an older picture.

Oh............
I put in the order for the hood.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #11
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
That's not my car, that's RaiderSS'. I believe he put lights in it actually. That may be an older picture.

Oh............
I put in the order for the hood.
Sorry, I knew that already.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #12
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Sorry, I knew that already.
All good. I should be getting the hood in about 3 weeks or so, will post pictures when I get it all done. Can't wait!