Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #85
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
I drop French fries between the seat and the console on a near-constant basis.

I have fast food residue on my hands that ends up on the shifter and the steering wheel.

I have transported lumber in my car.

The trunk and back seat are full of samples and records I use in my work. And I mean full. Come to think of it, I would have to remove a bunch of stuff from the passenger seat so someone could sit there.

I do not have a garage, my car is black and I live in Phoenix. I have not tinted the windows yet, either.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #86
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
And the reason is.....too much washing? too much clay barring? too much waxing? not enough of something? I'm just wanting to know because I wash my car every week.
same
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #87
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
4. always desperately attempt to dry your car in the midst of thunderstorms.............must provide a pic of yourself using paper towels drying your car while its raining heavily.........100 bonus addiction points if your being struck by lightning in the pic. ( Backup Camera Photos are acceptable proof/ May also use Puff Plus's as drying/crying rags)
Paper towels? Really? Wood fibre sucks on paint!
Old 07-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #88
chiel

Drives: 1959 p/u and s/c ls3 th400
Not a dd for me. I only drive the Camaro for short distances. Never in the rain. Mostly in heated garage. Bought a set of extra wheels so the stock stay new. I buy lots of stuff for the Camaro, only the best fuel. I even warm up the tires before driving a short distance.

Old 07-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #89
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTV6A View Post
Ok lets see whom can admit to being the worst Camaro owner.

1) my Camaro is a daily driver
2) I will drive it in the rain
3) I take Camaro to the grocery store and the mall
4) I park up front along with everyone else
5) I drive as low as I can until the "low fuel Range" light is on
6) I drive until the "low fuel" light is on also
7) I only ever buy regular fuel
8) I get that fuel at the same no name generic station all the time
9) I eat in my Camaro
10) I also drink in my Camaro
11) I have let friends drive my Camaro
12) I let co-workers drive my car
13) My Camaro is never garaged
14) I set the cruise control for 72 mph and drive in the center lane
15) I drive for fuel economy everywhere darn near everytime
16) I have never put my convertible tonneau cover on
17) I have taken my pets in the car
18) I wait until it stops snowing before cleaning off my car
19) I have put the topdown in order to put large items in the back seat

On the plus side
1) the first thing I did to my Camaro was get a Clear Bra
2) I wash my Camaro on average of once a week
3) I vacuum out my car everytime I wash it
4) I always fill the gas tank and never just put 20 bucks or so in it
5) I wax my Camaro once a month
6) I clay bar my Camaro every six months
7) I change my oil often
8) I polish the insides of the rims almost every car wash
9) I detail under the hood every car wash
10) I take compliments graciously about my car
11) I wave to any year Camaro I see
12) I even wave to other makes models when I can see the owners love their particular brands
13) I feel blessed everytime I drive my Camaro

So all in all I feel pretty darn good about my Camaro and enjoy it every chance I can.

So how about you with your Camaro?
No doubt you have low self-esteem. Your "corrective" actions serve only as an illusion in helping you to feel better about your Camaro.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #90
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamaro View Post

I love this quote: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - cigar in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!" I plan to skid in sideways in my Camaro

Old 07-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #91
STW

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS LS3
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album....ictureid=82729

Daily Driver
STW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #92
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Daily driver here, thats what I bought it for, I could have bought something with more room and more practical, but I wanted a Camaro..........nothing else.
I am not going to make payments on something I dont like to drive.
I have had mine for eight months now and now have almost 18000 miles on it, ya I drive the piss out of it.
I approach cleaning it a lot differently then most folks in here, I will be driving home on my usual 90 mile return trip from one of my clinics, I stop about twenty miles into my trip at my favorite car wash, where $2.75 will get me three rounds of time for my weekly wash, I soap it up, go over it with the foamy brush(gotta work extra hard getting the bugs off) I then rinse it off and go over it with the wax spray. I then hop in and drive at around 65 MPH for twenty miles (this is my air dry cycle) and stop for gas. When I am filling up I will walk around the car and inspect my cleaning job for future improvements the next time I wash it, I also notice how awesome it looks because there are no water spots or residue on the entire car. However once about every six months I will wash it and detail it out and put a coat of wax on it, and even detail the wheels and interior. One draw back to my "in route" washing procedure is the fact that when I get home I still have to drive my car down 3/4 mile dirt road, and when I get into the carport and get out I notice that the rear end is covered in a fine orange clay dust(thats what I have my California duster for)
I really dont baby this car, there is no need to, I have used it for many a thing including even having to take the dog to the vet to have spayed, she (boxer) barfed on the way there in the back seat, and she barfed again on the way back, but luckily I had it covered and nothing got on the interior. I have parrots and sometimes I will take them somewhere in the Camaro, but I do gotta really watch them because they see everything as a chew toy.
My car get filthy many a time..........IT ALL WASHES OFF!
I plan on a lot of miles in this car, no matter how dirty it gets, I still take good care of it mechanically, No I dont let it get down to empty(last time I did that in a car it cost me a new fuel pump, fuel pumps are kept cool by being submersed in remaining fuel)
I do crawl down my dirt road as to not screw up my suspension.
many a time after washing my car, my cat will get out there with muddy feet and will have a party on top of my car leaving footprints all over it, does it make me mad? it used to when I first got it(I wanted to kill that cat) Does it still make me mad? NO! he is my kitty and a good one at that, he is just doing what cats do. The foot prints add character to my car, I always inspect it for scratches and havent really found any.
If you sit there and worry about everything little that can happen to your car then you are missing the whole point of owning one. You are NEVER going to get what you think your car is worth when you trade it in in the future, just enjoy it now, have fun in it, drive it till the wheels fall off.........after all IT'S JUST A CAR!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #93
RJTV6A

Drives: 69 Camaro I6 no prob,11 V6 big prob
Hey LilBlueCoupe sounds like you enjoy your Camaro. This type of reply is what I was hoping for when I started this thread. Thanks
RJTV6A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #94
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: '02 SS 'Vert M6
Jeez,I have only driven mine in the rain once . When my DD had to be towed . I only have 1100 miles on it in 16 months. Always covered . Must have waxed it 30 or so times. I'm the only one other than GM and dealer people to drive my car. No pets. No smoking . No eating/drinking . Am I anal ? Yes,indeed.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #95
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by United_727 View Post
Jeez,I have only driven mine in the rain once . When my DD had to be towed . I only have 1100 miles on it in 16 months. Always covered . Must have waxed it 30 or so times. I'm the only one other than GM and dealer people to drive my car. No pets. No smoking . No eating/drinking . Am I anal ? Yes,indeed.
How about back seat usage ?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #96
gramps_green_rs
ex-RCAF

Drives: 11 SGM1LTRS SV1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdownaverted View Post
Lets see............

I drive it all winter

transport all manner of foster doggies in it

oh and worst of all in most peoples eyes.............I added pink stripes to a Synergy Green Camaro
agree with most of your comments. I drive my camaro almost every day all year around. no problems in winter. thinking of selling my motorcycle, since I hardly ride it anymore. pink stripes

gramps
Attached Images

Old 07-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #97
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Quote:
Originally Posted by United_727 View Post
Lmao
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:42 PM   #98
rhunley14

Drives: Camaro SS
Lol. It's your car.. You can do what you want with it. It doesn't make you a bad owner..
rhunley14 is offline   Reply With Quote