Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 04-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #57
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
And here's for those that wanted to see a final product picture.

Exciting isn't it. Mirror image of the driver's side. Not much to see here really.
Attached Images

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:27 PM   #58
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
You can remove the airbag slide switch and wiring from the 2010 frame bottom and rivet it in place (not sure if the 2014 seat frame has the holes present for it or not). If so, just rivet it in per my instructions and you're good to go.

RickRay, I sent you some better pics of the wiring (see post #13 as I updated it) as to how to shift the 2010 airbag switch wire to the new seat harness.

I'm guessing once you get that seat slide switch reinstalled, you'll be good to go.

I'm THINKING that if the switch senses the seat too far forward, it disables the air bag (the car may think it's a child or car seat in the front seat) so it won't pop out too close to someone's face or small baby. Not sure though.

As I've tried to warn people, this worked for ME. I am not an electrical wiring genius. If you have other weird wiring issues, I'm NOT your answer source.
Thanks Mike for your explanations.

YES the 2014 has the same holes for the 2010 Switch install
Just the seat belt switch is on the side of the seat & also you need your 2010 Seat Buckle for your seat belt to go in...GM changed the size of the buckles
Rick & I just finished and it was pretty simple after all. I started the car and NO SERVICE AIRBAG LIGHT
Rachael will be happier now & we will be safer...because with that Service Airbag Light on the Airbags will not work at all.

3rd pic is the 2010 Seat the others the finished product on the 2014.

Thanks to Mike & Ofer for DYI Project....
Attached Images

Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #59
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Jealous.

Want to make a trip to Ottawa to do mine?

I still need to convince the yard to sell me a full set.

I want it not only for the leather seats but so my Mylink with heated seats faceplate will make sense lol.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:57 PM   #60
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I have everything on hand, except the seat frame and it's on order. Looking to have this completed by the end of August. Hopefully this will make the wifey happy.

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:14 AM   #61
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
Will 2014's fit in 2011's?

I may be able to get a complete leather set out of a 2014.

I'm thinking it may require a new harness.
I think 2014's in a 2011 is plug-n-play.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:24 AM   #62
Rocky1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by My 5th View Post
I wrecked my 2010 2SSRS 2 weeks ago and they are replacing the entire passenger seat. I'd like to replace it with a full power version. What model year was the first full power seat available? Will the electrical harness in the full power seat plug and play with the harness left in the floor? Are the plastic parts of the connectors the same, but may require repositioning one or more metal pins? Sorry, I couldn't follow all the steps in the DIY.
2012 was the first year for power passenger seat, but they are not plug-n-play in a 2010. 2010's had a seat position sensor that 2011+ do not have.
Installing a 2012+ seat in a 2010 will give you an air bag light. The good news is that the sensor, it's flag and its associated wiring can be removed from the 2010 seat and installed in the 2012+ seat. It requires a minor rework of the 2012+ wiring harness, but it's not a big deal.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #63
Rocky1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
I asked someone from Oshawa plant & they said that the airbags are an option....after the 2010s
Well I got my seat and they didn`t bother taking the airbag out....The seat is black so I have to change the skin from mine to the new one...I haven`t looked at it yet to see if the plugs are the same but I hope they are.
Lets hope it won`t be a hard job to plug...
As far as I know, all 5th Gens have air bags in the seats. They are standard equipment on all the ones sold in the U.S. If they ever made any without seat airbags, they must have been some export model.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:46 AM   #64
abfa

Drives: 1
Hi.
In step8. Where is the airbag module. Under the seat or on the floor where the carpet is. By the way i have a 2012 45th anniversary. Is this the same location?

Ths in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
6) You can lift out the seat by pulling it rearward freeing the "hooks" on the front of the rails. Be careful getting the seat out of the car. It's not real heavy, but it's bulky. You may want to put some towels down around the door opening for protection. Pic 6 shows something kinda cool underneath a "flap" of carpet.

7) Pic 7- There's two phillips screws, one on front and one on back of the outboard cover. You may want to take the time to pop off the recliner back power switch handle. It simply pops right off. You can save this for the new switch as it's the same. There's some friction clips and two push pins holding the side panel on. Just pop it off once the screws are out. Go ahead and uplug the switch and you can leave it in the side cover as you won't be using that switch or side cover anymore. There's two phillips screws to remove on the inboard mini-cover as well. Save the screws for the mini-cover. But you'll only reuse one if you reuse the cover.

8) Pic 8 shows the air bag sensor module. You'll need to unplug, unscrew and save the module/screws for reuse.

9) Pic 9 shows where the seat belt buckle plugs in (orange/light blue). Unplug it. The two blue wires go to some sort of switch. I don't have a clue what this does, but it MIGHT have something to do with moving the seat all the way forward. It's not on the new seat or harness. There's a metal plate the switch rides over when it's all the way up (air bag cutoff for children maybe?)

10) Pic 10 shows the 2 gray plugs. One's got 4 wires (2 pinks/green/blue), one's got two (pink/light blue). The 4-wire deal goes to the bottom seat heater. The 2-wire one goes to the seat back heater. Unplug them.
abfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 03:05 PM   #65
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
It's called an "SPS" Seat position sensor. The "SIAB" Side impact Air Bag is in the outside side bolster area of the seat. It's the SPS that needs to be wired into the new seats harness.
Cms3717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:31 PM   #66
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Another One Completed

I finally took the time this afternoon and did the mod to the passenger seat. This went together easier than I expected it would. It works good and there's no codes or lights.

Now I have to update my signature.

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:21 PM   #67
DannyBoy707

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange V6
Best thread ever! saved me for sure. I couldn't figure out what the hell the airbag light was from and you seriously hooked me up- good job. One question for future tacklers of that issue though: What is the easy way to get the pin out of the harness, I tried everything, and still ended up ripping the wire out before the actual pin came out. (yes, i took out the purple retainer first). Also, I put a sewing needle that I was trying to collapse the barb with, all the way through my index finger so it stopped against the underside of my fingernail. Ouch!
DannyBoy707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:51 AM   #68
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
wow sounds like this became a bit of a pain, glad i did it in 2012, about 6 months after I got the car.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 09:48 AM   #69
Rocky1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by abfa View Post
Hi.
In step8. Where is the airbag module. Under the seat or on the floor where the carpet is. By the way i have a 2012 45th anniversary. Is this the same location?

Ths in advance
I know you post is old, but it looks like no-one ever answered your question. The airbag module is mounted on the bottom of the passenger seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrichards73 View Post
wow sounds like this became a bit of a pain, glad i did it in 2012, about 6 months after I got the car.
It's no more of a pain now than it ever was. Yours was slightly easier because you have a 2011 and didn't have to deal with that seat position that the 2010s have, but that was only difficult for the first person. Now that's it been figured out, it's no big deal.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:31 PM   #70
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Gonna ask a question on this.

If i get a complete powered passenger seat from a 12 or newer can I just swap out bases and is there a lot of re-wiring to do???
I have a 2010 SS with heated leather, power recline, and passenger airbag
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote