Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2013, 12:32 AM   #253
Rornls3
 
Drives: 2010 RJTC 2SS RS/SS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 173
Question

Great thread and feedback... Thank you OP

Ok, I love that RB is offering this great rotor and caliper setup so we have another legit option to compare to the cts-v option. My worry is hearing that the rbs need a racing pad. I can only imagine these things squealing like a pig all the time around town vs. the ctsv setup which is meant for a heavier luxury sedan and is designed to never dare squeal...

What are people's experience with the rbs street manners with correct pads?

And then what are people's experience with the ctvs track ability taking the heat avoiding heat and ultimate fade?
__________________
Rornls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:52 AM   #254
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 4,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rornls3 View Post
Great thread and feedback... Thank you OP

Ok, I love that RB is offering this great rotor and caliper setup so we have another legit option to compare to the cts-v option. My worry is hearing that the rbs need a racing pad. I can only imagine these things squealing like a pig all the time around town vs. the ctsv setup which is meant for a heavier luxury sedan and is designed to never dare squeal...

What are people's experience with the rbs street manners with correct pads?

And then what are people's experience with the ctvs track ability taking the heat avoiding heat and ultimate fade?
RB's are just fine with a street pad and are quite. They can just handle a race pad a lot better than others and they weigh a lot less. I rode in the OP's car this weekend in 118 degree heat on the track and was amazed at how good his brakes are. As soon as I can afford to do it I am going to do RB's all around.
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:26 AM   #255
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,650
You don't have to run a track pad unless you're on the track. You can run a performance street pad (I'm running RB's ET500 pads) and they are perfectly quiet with great stopping power.
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #256
SPCBA


 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a line somwhere
Posts: 4,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
RB's are just fine with a street pad and are quite. They can just handle a race pad a lot better than others and they weigh a lot less. I rode in the OP's car this weekend in 118 degree heat on the track and was amazed at how good his brakes are. As soon as I can afford to do it I am going to do RB's all around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
You don't have to run a track pad unless you're on the track. You can run a performance street pad (I'm running RB's ET500 pads) and they are perfectly quiet with great stopping power.
this.....i run a 12 dollar street pad for street
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #257
SPCBA


 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a line somwhere
Posts: 4,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus View Post
What about 6 pot upgrade with matching 4 pot rear?
also in the works i saw the raw pieces that they have to make into the 6 pot calipers...even the raw piece was lighter than the ctsv/zl1 caliper
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #258
Falundir

 
Falundir's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East Bay
Posts: 2,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
also in the works i saw the raw pieces that they have to make into the 6 pot calipers...even the raw piece was lighter than the ctsv/zl1 caliper
This is what I would be willing to wait for. Prod them into getting this out please~
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #259
SPCBA


 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a line somwhere
Posts: 4,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
This is what I would be willing to wait for. Prod them into getting this out please~
i am pretty much there weekly....it really is brake disneyland. Mr. Linn and his employees are all quite knowledgeable.

They now know there is a bigger market for camaro and will be trying do things for our cars. This stuff doesnt happen overnight and they wont rush anything... they take brakes and saftey very very seriously. they wont even ship rear rotors without the ebrake part. you can take it off yourself tho.
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #260
camaro actual
 
camaro actual's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san antonio TX
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
This is what I would be willing to wait for. Prod them into getting this out please~
+1
__________________
TSP 2'' headers W/ hi Flo cats, CAI intake w/ apex scoop and wash relocate kit, VMAX TB, RX catch can, PFADT sways, NOWEEDS
camaro actual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #261
JusticePete
VIR Specialist

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 20,246
Brake porn. You guys are sic.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #262
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 4,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Brake porn. You guys are sic.
Yes, yes we are all sick. We need counseling. So Pete when is the first session at your place?
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #263
JusticePete
VIR Specialist

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 20,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
Yes, yes we are all sick. We need counseling. So Pete when is the first session at your place?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ght=addict+mod

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #264
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 4,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #265
jeremywes
 
jeremywes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
also in the works i saw the raw pieces that they have to make into the 6 pot calipers...even the raw piece was lighter than the ctsv/zl1 caliper
I was wondering the same thing. I seen they had the RB660 (6 piston) for the vette's BBK. If they fab a bracket for the Camaro I'll buy that in an instant. Stay on'em SPCBA they seem to listen to you!
jeremywes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #266
SPCBA


 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a line somwhere
Posts: 4,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywes View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I seen they had the RB660 (6 piston) for the vette's BBK. If they fab a bracket for the Camaro I'll buy that in an instant. Stay on'em SPCBA they seem to listen to you!
It is a working relationship. I listen to them, they seems to have figured out that the camaro has some opportunity for dollars to be made.
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.