Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 08-17-2014, 10:41 PM   #1
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
P0151 and P0174 But NO CEL Light is On....Yet.

Mods: Elite Catch can (dirty side), OEM 1LE oil separator(clean side), Stainless Power Headers, with off-road pipes(no cats), NPP Exhaust with Fuse Pulled Out, CAI Intake with Air Scoop, on JRE 415 93 V3 tune.

Odometer reading about 7000km(4349 miles).

I replaced the passenger side O2 about 2000km ago, when I installed the LT headers.

Ok, car runs smooth enough at idle( I think), no CEL light on yet....but when I scan for codes with the SCT X4 device, it's showing me P0151 and P0174 codes. Even if I clear them, restart the car, go for a drive around the block, then scan again, they are back, but no CEL light is on.

My last log a couple of weeks ago showed everything to be fine, so I'm assuming such is still the case, mind you, I had no idea if codes were present back then.

I searched for intake leaks, double checked the catch can, found nothing out of the ordinary, I even re-torqued everything including the headers. The only thing that remains for me to do, is to check the wiring for the O2 extension cable on the passenger side, since the P0151 code means low voltage...This I will do tomorrow evening.

In the mean time, and to be honest, since I'm feeling slightly pessimistic that the O2 wiring will be at fault (hopefully it will be it!!!), and ideas and feedback are most certainly welcome!

Thanks in advance.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:33 PM   #2
Camaro Dude

Ok, replaced O2 sensor with new one, all is good now.

Sledge would like to thank the 'dude for his help and troubleshooting abilities.
What a great forum!
Old 11-14-2015, 10:38 PM   #3
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Did anyone ever get any resolution to this?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:01 PM   #4
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Did anyone ever get any resolution to this?
Yeah, re-read post#2!

I was being a bit sarcastic in that post, since no one had anything to bring to the table, and I (the dude) figured it out all by meself .

To re-cap all this for you, I simply replaced the O2 sensor with a new OEM one, and over 1 year later, all has been good ever since, and that includes operation with a cam I installed in the spring of 2015 as well .

Odometer now at 12000km (7456 miles).