Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-04-2017, 10:14 PM   #15
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Raging_Bull View Post
If it was a Gen 5 COPO with a VIN, it would be the rarest of cars..and worth a fortune right now. Impossible though > as Chevy made zero COPO's with a VIN, all were made for the track in 13 & 14..with a completely different engine/tranny/suspension options than the Z/28 setup.

Fast N out..Gas Monkey Garage in Dallas, Texas, Richard Rawlings -> the Discovery Cannel TV show bought a 20 of the 2013, and 18 of the 2014 Gen 5 COPO's "Body in White" as an investment, then built custom COPO's to order. The 2013 COPO's they built are all sold. There are four of their 2014 COPO's left
see:
http://www.2013copocamaro.com/cars-for-sale.html
http://www.2013copocamaro.com/2014-crc-camaros.html

2014 COPO

And if you think our Z's depriciate take a look at those COPO cars,he sold two at BJ last year with NR and took a bath on both- the look on his face said it all.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 11:27 PM   #16
PostNup
CAR-DASHIAN

Drives: 2015 Ashen Gray Metallic 2SS/RS L99
There was a guy down south that jumped through all the hoops to make a COPO street legal, think he did it as a kit car to get around everything... but everything IS possible.

To late to Google it for everyone, but I know it's out there

Nevermind that... I Googled it.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.hotro...ndroid-verizon

Enjoy
PERFORMANCE: ColdAirInductions CAI, ADM Race Scoop, Cordes Performance Racing Ported TB/IM/Custom VVT Cam, WFO Milled Heads, Stainless Power 1 7/8" LT/3" HFCs, JBA 3" Comp. Cat-Back, Taylor 10.4mm Plug Wires, Tim King Performance Stage 3 6L80, Circle D Billet 3600 Stall, Nic D ECM/TCM Tune, - 458rwhp/413rwtq (prior to PIM), Forgestar F14 (F)18" / (R)17" Rims.

SUSPENSION: Z/28 Rear UCA Bushings, Carlyle Racing LCA/TA, BMR Adj. Toe Rods/Xtreme Anti-Roll Bar, Justice Pete Castor Locks/Radius Rod Inserts, Pegasus Billet Rear Cradle Bushings, Mickey Thompson Street SS II 305/45/17 tires.
PostNup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:49 AM   #17
The_Raging_Bull
Raging Bull Reborn

Drives: '09 CGM Z063LZ '15 RH Z/28 #0631
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
And if you think our Z's depriciate take a look at those COPO cars,he sold two at BJ last year with NR and took a bath on both- the look on his face said it all.
Come back in 25 years if he has a real COPO track car registered on the street as a kit car..there's just no telling what will happen to the prices in time.. Those "COPO body in white" were still made by Chevrolet. No where in th egoogled article does it say "I took a bath" - fact is he got 4 more to repeat the process. Hopefuly he got the CRC COPO; to make it a real COPO; with the exception of a non-Chevrolet assigned VIN.

remember'69 COPO's = $275K +

Toy 1 '15 RH Z/28 w/AC & Radio S/N 0631
Toy 2 '09 CGM Z06 3LZ
My DD: '17 Ford Mustang GT
Her DD: '14 F150 Ecoboost 3.5
The_Raging_Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:18 AM   #18
frenchsquared

Drives: 15 Z28, 01 Corvette, 96 Corvette
He got a real Copo Vin'ed.
He took it to drag week. There is at least one of them running around on the streets.
frenchsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:19 AM   #19
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Come back in 25 years if he has a real COPO track car registered on the street as a kit car..there's just no telling what will happen to the prices in time.. Those "COPO body in white" were still made by Chevrolet. No where in th egoogled article does it say "I took a bath" - fact is he got 4 more to repeat the process. Hopefuly he got the CRC COPO; to make it a real COPO; with the exception of a non-Chevrolet assigned VIN.

remember'69 COPO's = $275K +
In twenty five years most of us will be gone,millenials will be the majority and they categorically do not share our same passion for cars. I do think the Z will be a good pick for future higher valuation.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:39 AM   #20
pat_t

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
In twenty five years most of us will be gone,millenials will be the majority and they categorically do not share our same passion for cars. I do think the Z will be a good pick for future higher valuation.
I'm only 30. I'll be here in 25 years (I hope!!!!)

I bought my Z because I know I can enjoy it now, and I have a strong gut feeling that values of extremely large, extremely powerful, high revving, naturally-aspirated engined cars are only going to go one way in the long term.

It a future world of 'downsizing', hybrids, turbochargers, EVs, self-driving cars when we all have solar roof tiles.....

Well, a 7.0L, N/A,dry sump engine with titanium rods will be a rarity
pat_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:40 PM   #21
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
CPOs with less than 1,500 miles are available with 3yr warranties for $45k

Private sale is going to be less than $42k.
There is ZERO relevance between COPO pricing and Z/28? might as well compare a V6.

For reference, 3 weeks ago a local dealer had brand new Silver 2015 with A/C on their lot with 125 miles for $49,999. I offered them $50K OTD and they accepted. (Selling price about $46,779 pre-tax/title/doc).

The salesperson claimed I needed to put a down payment on the car "as someone else was looking at it" My thought was its December in MI, yeah right! I said I would be up there before they closed as I wanted to see the car in person and provide the down payment....She called me at 5:30PM and told me it sold Oh well....I just picked up a C6 Grand Sport instead to build as a track car.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:55 PM   #22
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
There is ZERO relevance between COPO pricing and Z/28? might as well compare a V6.

For reference, 3 weeks ago a local dealer had brand new Silver 2015 with A/C on their lot with 125 miles for $49,999. I offered them $50K OTD and they accepted. (Selling price about $46,779 pre-tax/title/doc).

The salesperson claimed I needed to put a down payment on the car "as someone else was looking at it" My thought was its December in MI, yeah right! I said I would be up there before they closed as I wanted to see the car in person and provide the down payment....She called me at 5:30PM and told me it sold Oh well....I just picked up a C6 Grand Sport instead to build as a track car.
WTH does a COPO have to do with a Z/28?

$50k for an untitled Z w/AC out the door would have been a great price. Likely even a white elephant as there are probably less than 5 in the nation available, most are $55k. Good luck on your Vette? 5th Gen 1LEs and Z/28 have better lap times that I've seen in my experience. There is a cost of ownership that push most to the 1LE in that arena.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:26 PM   #23
The_Raging_Bull
Raging Bull Reborn

Drives: '09 CGM Z063LZ '15 RH Z/28 #0631
I agree with pat_t.....I too personally think in the coming days of eco weiner, self driving cars, corvettes and Z/28's with LS7's, dry sumps, and TR6060 tranny's WILL be a rarity. I'll just leer at them as I thrash them on the highway. The best part is at least on the Z-> it probably appreciates..and if it don't..man I had all sort of fun getting there...and after all isn't that what its all about?

and on COPO's>>time will be the great arbiter...

Toy 1 '15 RH Z/28 w/AC & Radio S/N 0631
Toy 2 '09 CGM Z06 3LZ
My DD: '17 Ford Mustang GT
Her DD: '14 F150 Ecoboost 3.5
The_Raging_Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:57 PM   #24
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Good luck on your Vette? 5th Gen 1LEs and Z/28 have better lap times that I've seen in my experience. There is a cost of ownership that push most to the 1LE in that arena.
As I still own and will keep a very well track prepped 1LE (Z/28 susp/ Tru-trac/ AP 9668 Brakes / Roll bar ect ect). The cost of ownership and the quick, but not fast lap times has pushed me into a Corvette, that will not remain stock.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:55 AM   #25
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchsquared View Post
If it helps one sold 3 or 4 days ago in Pueblo Colorado. Black A/C with 900 miles, $46,500 cash price it is being shipped to Texas.

I bought a new one in Texas a few days ago for less then that. The trick to selling yours will be getting it found. The one in Pueblo was marketed all over the internet. The one I bought was not online at all.
Local dealer recently took a black A/C 2015 with 2500ish miles on Trofeo's as a trade in on a SS 1LE. I think he got $42K for it. Believe he had paid right at $75K for it.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:51 AM   #26
Chulai

Drives: '79 Camaro, '99 Vette, etc
Quote:
I agree with pat_t.....I too personally think in the coming days of eco weiner, self driving cars, corvettes and Z/28's with LS7's, dry sumps, and TR6060 tranny's WILL be a rarity. I'll just leer at them as I thrash them on the highway. The best part is at least on the Z-> it probably appreciates..and if it don't..man I had all sort of fun getting there...and after all isn't that what its all about?

and on COPO's>>time will be the great arbiter...
People ask me all the time, "Are your cars an investment?" To which I reply, "Yes...a poor one."
'15 Z/28 #990
'21 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Widebody
Chulai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:52 PM   #27
JUSTIFIED

Drives: 2015 black Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulai View Post
People ask me all the time, "Are your cars an investment?" To which I reply, "Yes...a poor one."
But...the intrinsic value is high! :-) You are right... as investments go they aren't great (neither are houses..), but at least you get to have some fun and dream that one day it'll cross the auction block for 50 times what you paid!
Old 01-06-2017, 08:31 PM   #28
PostNup
CAR-DASHIAN

Drives: 2015 Ashen Gray Metallic 2SS/RS L99
Just like when I had a bunch of Arabian horses... to make a small fortune in horses... you must first start with a LARGE fortune HAHAHA
PERFORMANCE: ColdAirInductions CAI, ADM Race Scoop, Cordes Performance Racing Ported TB/IM/Custom VVT Cam, WFO Milled Heads, Stainless Power 1 7/8" LT/3" HFCs, JBA 3" Comp. Cat-Back, Taylor 10.4mm Plug Wires, Tim King Performance Stage 3 6L80, Circle D Billet 3600 Stall, Nic D ECM/TCM Tune, - 458rwhp/413rwtq (prior to PIM), Forgestar F14 (F)18" / (R)17" Rims.

SUSPENSION: Z/28 Rear UCA Bushings, Carlyle Racing LCA/TA, BMR Adj. Toe Rods/Xtreme Anti-Roll Bar, Justice Pete Castor Locks/Radius Rod Inserts, Pegasus Billet Rear Cradle Bushings, Mickey Thompson Street SS II 305/45/17 tires.
PostNup is offline   Reply With Quote