Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-09-2009, 10:46 PM   #43
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
I ordered mine today! When do you think it will be built? The dealer said mid-summer but it might be sooner since it's a V6 and most early orders are V8's. Will I get it before all you guys? :-]
camero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:50 PM   #44
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam10RS View Post
For the ones that believes or accept (something) as true; feel sure of the truth as One that search for it can find it.

So, after saying that, I like to inform you of this. The word is that they are going to start filling all pre-orders first now.

If you still don't think so, Call your salesman (manager) and ask him about it.
He may not have an official notice yet. This is what I found out.
Thank you for the info, this is good news, but can you find out from your source if the pre-orders that are built and on QC hold are going to be addressed first also??
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:55 PM   #45
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
For the ones that believes or accept (something) as true; feel sure of the truth as One that search for it can find it.

So, after saying that, I like to inform you of this. The word is that they are going to start filling all pre-orders first now.

Uhh.....Why wouldn't they be building pre-order cars now after we've waited so long already and every other purpose/reason for holding our cars up has been taken care of? It isn't that difficult to figure out. Again, what was the point of pre-ordering a car and receiving it last? I'm still having trouble with this concept.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:06 PM   #46
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
Uhh.....Why wouldn't they be building pre-order cars now after we've waited so long already and every other purpose/reason for holding our cars up has been taken care of? It isn't that difficult to figure out. Again, what was the point of pre-ordering a car and receiving it last? I'm still having trouble with this concept.

PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:10 PM   #47
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
That too funny. You did not even have to write anything.lol
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:12 PM   #48
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
June ?!?! That's too late for me.. !
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:35 PM   #49
FAF

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2008 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
That too funny. You did not even have to write anything.lol
What is the updated status of your order, I'm trying to approx mine it was code 3000 on 4/23/09
FAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:35 PM   #50
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
"As much as we would like to accomplish the challenges provided in these posts, we must honor the dealer agreements and state laws that are in place that govern allocating products to dealers. To build just orders with “R6P” for the next two months (or for however long it would take) would put us in violation of these agreements and laws."

Where, the laws regarding automobile sales in the sovereign country of Zimunda? You gotta be kidding me! If they had started building pre-orders as actual, you know.....PRE-ORDERS, GM wouldn't be 3 months behind of lost time when they could have actually filled some of those dealer pre-order allocations!

Alright, let us for a second assume what Fitzpatrick says is true, I think it would make him look even more believeable if he could actually explain and outline what these "laws" are. Perhaps that would put a lot of this speculation to rest. You just cannot manufacture a car, sell it as a pre-order and build it last. May as well just pack the dealer lots with a bunch of cars with various options and sell them first come, first serve. Oh, wait a minute...that is what is happening as we speak anyway so what hell is the difference?!
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #51
detroitboy
Pinholic

Drives: 11 Silverado, 08 Shelby GT500 Conv.
"starting in June"... how nice. It would be nice if they had a timeframe to complete repairs on all the cars they have already built.

ordered 01/19/07
3000 - 2/27/09
3400 - 3/27/09
3800 - 4/17/09 (built and lost in the vortex)
ship date ??????? (I gave up and got a GT500)
5/11/09 - order cancelled
5/27/09 - vehicle arrived at dealership for whoever bought it after me
detroitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:46 PM   #52
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAF View Post
What is the updated status of your order, I'm trying to approx mine it was code 3000 on 4/23/09
It was exactly 4 weeks to the day from the move to 3000 to completed. now just hoping it does not end up in QC.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:46 AM   #53
pfflyer

Drives: 10 SS 6M IOM
Automotive News shows 2399 cars built the week ending 5/2. In a 6 day work week that is 400 cars a day, or a full shift. They could be producing on Saturday already and it insn't made public. Do the math, moving forward for the weeks ending 5/9 thru 5/30, that rate equates to 9600 cars for the balance of May. If half the preorders are built now, it will take until the second to third week of June to complete them assuming that they are splitting the pre orders with dealer orders in the regular production cycle.
pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:07 AM   #54
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Quote:
As much as we would like to accomplish the challenges provided in these posts, we must honor the dealer agreements and state laws that are in place that govern allocating products to dealers. To build just orders with “R6P” for the next two months (or for however long it would take) would put us in violation of these agreements and laws.
Quote:
Where, the laws regarding automobile sales in the sovereign country of Zimunda? You gotta be kidding me! If they had started building pre-orders as actual, you know.....PRE-ORDERS, GM wouldn't be 3 months behind of lost time when they could have actually filled some of those dealer pre-order allocations!

Alright, let us for a second assume what Fitzpatrick says is true, I think it would make him look even more believeable if he could actually explain and outline what these "laws" are. Perhaps that would put a lot of this speculation to rest. You just cannot manufacture a car, sell it as a pre-order and build it last. May as well just pack the dealer lots with a bunch of cars with various options and sell them first come, first serve. Oh, wait a minute...that is what is happening as we speak anyway so what hell is the difference?!
I don't get it either. My car was allocated, consensed, and 3000'd on 8 April. So, as far as I can tell, it is conforming to Fitzpatrick's "law and agreements" logic. Why then hasn't it actually been produced yet? Other's that went to 3000 on the same date have either progressed or actually built. So what "law" is my car following, Murphy's?
Old 05-10-2009, 07:18 AM   #55
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitboy View Post
"starting in June"... how nice. It would be nice if they had a timeframe to complete repairs on all the cars they have already built.

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:32 AM   #56
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Quote:

There was a post on another thread that said GM's goal was to have all pre orders out by Start of third quarter. I believe in Customers hands.

It also said that they were on track to meetthat goal. We will see.

I had my Cyber gray ordered oct 13 but got bumped because of color restraint.

My friend was second in line and his went from 1100 to 3400 in the last two weeks and as of Friday showed shipped.

Mine went From 1100 to 3000 in one week( Last Week) and my dealer tells me
if it follows the same schedule as my friends it should be built either this week or next. He feels cofident I will have itnear months end or first week in june.

My concern is GM filing for Bankruptcy June 1...!

If They File or are forced into filing Gm will most certainly need to shut all production lines until emerging from Bankruptcy.

At least 6hat is what happened with Chrysler....because suplliers would no longer provide parts etc. So....Lets hope for at least being built before June1 or We may have another waiton there hands.

If I can find the post on the early order thing I will atach it...It wa from aGM plant employee and I did hear thebsame thing from my Sales m anager. They areworking very hard to get pre orders out...I think they even added a weekend shift...I believe.
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote