Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
NYG71
VIN#9800413

Drives: GBA '15 ZL1 & GBA '13 Tahoe LTZ
Angry Stupid Drivers who tailgate in the rain

I'll probably get banned and end up going to the other camaro boards but I have to get this off my chest.

Well this morning on my typical 14-mile commute to work in Northern VA, I was listening to Siruis NFL radio minding my own business and some foriegn middle-eastern chick in a Toyata Corolla behind me decides to honk feverishly at me because I was 5-7 ft away from the car in front of me...and its raining. We are doing 15- 25 mph.

Look...I'm a black guy so save the racial sensitivity comments and have been called alot of names in public. I'm from Long Island, NY so I call it like I see it. Why is this particular demogrpahic getting into wrecks all the time in metropolitan areas? Here's why. THEY CANNOT READ ROAD SIGNS OR DRIVE A MECHANICAL VEHICLE WITH SANITY AND COMMON SENSE! That is It may not be politically correct to say but its the brutal truth. Getting a license is way too easy. If doctors-to-be have to invest years of residencies as an important requirement then the operation of a vehicle should have the same type of guidelines. A car is a weapon if you don't use it right.

1 1/2 months ago I saw the same exact demographic driving a Corolla into Speed limit sign and almost hit a pedestrian. I was just praying she wouldn't head over to my direction as erratic she was driving. I swear it looked like she was handling a bucking bronco the way she was clinging onto the steering wheel. And she had 3 other passengers with her probably wondering is this the last time they will ride in car.

Anyways, back to my story...

So anyways, I thought this moron was trying to get the attention of some other driver next to her but nope...it was directed at me. So she tries to pass on the right to get in front of me because the gap between me and the car in front of me was being wasted....I am in the left lane. Mind you it is 7:46am and its bumper to bumper traffic. Where the hell is she gonna go? Initially I said "ok lady, you must be on your last tardiness warning so you can go ahead, but wouldn't you know it...she curses at me. WTF did I do? Excuse me if I don't want to be on the person's in front of me trunk to apease you and maximize the spacing needed for you to get to your destination.

Well I didn't let her pass because of this visual attack. She was not happy. I know some of you are gonna say it wasn't worth risking into getting a wreck. Yes it was and here's why. As this knucklehead is flipping me off and honking her horn incessantly because I wouldn't speed up, I decided to use my awesome noweeds exhaust to drown her a$$ out for 5-6 miles. People next to me were laughing. This idiot was the typical no-common sense rat-race driver bobbing an weaving thru traffic. Ironically, a seemingly normal attractive mother (she had kids in the back) then pulled up beside me and said she deserved that cause she almost hit the guy in front of her. For a minute there I thought I was gonna get lectured.

Anyone who lives in Northern VA knows what we go thru and it sucks.

I'm at DEFCON Level 4 right but it should be lower by tonight.

Drive safe (if you can) and carry on...
Old 11-12-2009, 03:26 PM   #2
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
I feel ya man, I can't stand people that drive like complete morons but are 100% certain that they are always in the right. If I make a mistake, I'll feel bad and own up to it (oops, totally cut that guy off, sorry buddy! etc). I seriously wish I could pull a citizens citation on some of these geniuses some times...
Old 11-12-2009, 03:28 PM   #3
ahart04
most bang for your buck

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM/BLK RALLYS
Word. Had a similar thing happen the other day...I don't think you did anything too bad, people need to learn to adjust with driving conditions

Last edited by ahart04; 11-12-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:29 PM   #4
H3LLJumper

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS VIN#11184
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG71 View Post
I'll probably get banned and end up going to the other camaro boards but I have to get this off my chest.

Well this morning on my typical 14-mile commute to work in Northern VA, I was listening to Siruis NFL radio minding my own business and some foriegn middle-eastern chick in a Toyata Corolla behind me decides to honk feverishly at me because I was 5-7 ft away from the car in front of me...and its raining. We are doing 15- 25 mph.

Look...I'm a black guy so save the racial sensitivity comments and have been called alot of names in public. I'm from Long Island, NY so I call it like I see it. Why is this particular demogrpahic getting into wrecks all the time in metropolitan areas? Here's why. THEY CANNOT READ ROAD SIGNS OR DRIVE A MECHANICAL VEHICLE WITH SANITY AND COMMON SENSE! That is It may not be politically correct to say but its the brutal truth. Getting a license is way too easy. If doctors-to-be have to invest years of residencies as an important requirement then the operation of a vehicle should have the same type of guidelines. A car is a weapon if you don't use it right.

1 1/2 months ago I saw the same exact demogrpaic driving a Corolla into Speed limit sign and almost hit a pedestrian. I was just praying she wouldn't head over to my direction as erratic she was driving. I swear it looked like she was handling a bucking bronco the way she was clinging onto the steering wheel. And she had 3 other passengers with her probably wondering is this the last time they will ride in car.

Anyways, back to my story...

So anyways, I thought this moron was trying to get the attention of some other driver next to her but nope...it was directed at me. So she tries to pass on the right to get in front of me because the gap between me and the car in front of me was being wasted....I am in the left lane. Mind you it is 7:46am and its bumper to bumper traffic. Where the hell is she gonna go? Initially I said "ok lady, you must be on your last tardiness warning so you can go ahead, but wouldn't you know it...she curses at me. WTF did I do? Excuse me if I don't want to be on the person's in front of me trunk to apease you and maximize the spacing needed for you to get to your destination.

Well I didn't let her pass because of this visual attack. She was not happy. I know some of you are gonna say it wasn't worth risking into getting a wreck. Yes it was and here's why. As this knucklehead is flipping me off and honking her horn incessantly because I wouldn't speed up, I decided to use my awesome noweeds exhaust to drown her a$$ out for 5-6 miles. People next to me were laughing. This idiot was the typical no-common sense rat-race driver bobbing an weaving thru traffic. Ironically, a seemingly normal attractive mother (she had kids in the back) then pulled up beside me and said she deserved that cause she almost hit the guy in front of her. For a minute there I thought I was gonna get lectured.

Anyone who lives in Northern VA knows what we go thru and it sucks.

I'm at DEFCON Level 4 right but it should be lower by tonight.

Drive safe (if you can) and carry on...
Very nicely put and handled. I for one can say I wouldn't have been as "nice" as you. Anywho, come pwn some noobs to lower that DEFCON status. That is all!
Lingenfelter 550 HP TVS2300 Supercharger Package, Hennessey CAI, Pedders Extreme XA Drag Package and Sway Bars (waiting to take delivery) Painted gills, stripe, and bow ties, tinted windows to 30%, smoked lights, Orange headlight/fog light halos, NOWEEDS, and GMPP Exhaust
Old 11-12-2009, 03:30 PM   #5
Abygale

Drives: .
Yes, there are some very idiotic people in this world. I witnessed an accident this morning at my local hearing office that I frequent where this young gal in a Ford Taurus was following too closely behind a Honda Accord and as the Honda was starting to turn into the parking lot the Taurus hit her ....on the driver side. WTF....how do people do that stupid stuff??? The airbag on the driver side of the Honda deployed so there was an injury. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

They really need to outlaw cell phone usage and texting while driving......I wouldn't be surprised if the young gal that hit the other car wasn't on the phone in some manner.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #6
Kalenn
Fan of all things Camaro

Drives: '13 Mercedes-Benz C250 Sport
Road rage is such a waste of energy.

"E for electricity... V For Chevy Volt and me!"
Old 11-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #7
futrocpd
P90X

Drives: 2000 SLP SS VERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post

They really need to outlaw cell phone usage and texting while driving......I wouldn't be surprised if the young gal that hit the other car wasn't on the phone in some manner.
i about had to dump my bike last night b/c some idiot was texting and not paying attention and pulled out about 30ft in front of me.

P90X changed my life. Want to know more, PM me for more info on changing your life for the better
Old 11-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #8
Red Rocker
I can't drive 55!

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 CRT
I've driven a couple times in rush hour there and sympathize with you.

Too bad she couldn't have run into the back of a stopped semi or concrete truck. Although, she would have caused a mess for everyone else.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #9
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
Yes, there are some very idiotic people in this world. I witnessed an accident this morning at my local hearing office that I frequent where this young gal in a Ford Taurus was following too closely behind a Honda Accord and as the Honda was starting to turn into the parking lot the Taurus hit her ....on the driver side. WTF....how do people do that stupid stuff??? The airbag on the driver side of the Honda deployed so there was an injury. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

If I see a car next to me and they are messing with their phone, I either speed up or slow down to get away from them.

And on the topic of stupid accidents, I saw a three car accident the other week, 2 cars following way to close to eachother and the one in front of them hit their brakes. Bam bam! I kinda laughed at the guy in the middle
Old 11-12-2009, 03:54 PM   #10
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
My '02 Silverado (only had 65,000mi on it) was totalled last May because some DA who couldn't stand the fact that I was leaving enough room in front of me on the freeway. We were doing 65mph, I was in the 2nd lane from the left and traffic was a little lite so this guy decides to try and go around me in the fast lane he punches it loses control and bounces off the median and into the side of the bed in front of the rear axle and turns me head on into the concrete median at 65 mph. I never saw him coming and the next thing I know I'm hitting the median on the passenger side front then spin around backwards and hit the passenger side in the back and end facing the wrong way in the fastlane. Thank god the lady in the fast lane was able to stop before hitting me. Of course he tried to blame me saying I slammed on my brakes and made him swerve but the lady in who stopped in the fast lane told the cops that the guy behind me had been weaving in and out of traffic and just lost it. Some people
Old 11-12-2009, 03:57 PM   #11
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partick View Post
My '02 Silverado (only had 65,000mi on it) was totalled last May because some DA who couldn't stand the fact that I was leaving enough room in front of me on the freeway. We were doing 65mph, I was in the 2nd lane from the left and traffic was a little lite so this guy decides to try and go around me in the fast lane he punches it loses control and bounces off the median and into the side of the bed in front of the rear axle and turns me head on into the concrete median at 65 mph. I never saw him coming and the next thing I know I'm hitting the median on the passenger side front then spin around backwards and hit the passenger side in the back and end facing the wrong way in the fastlane. Thank god the lady in the fast lane was able to stop before hitting me. Of course he tried to blame me saying I slammed on my brakes and made him swerve but the lady in who stopped in the fast lane told the cops that the guy behind me had been weaving in and out of traffic and just lost it. Some people
wooow that is crazy! Bet his insurance costs are spiked!
Old 11-12-2009, 04:01 PM   #12
futrocpd
P90X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partick View Post

dang man that really sucks, i am sure you wanted to

P90X changed my life. Want to know more, PM me for more info on changing your life for the better
Old 11-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #13
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
wooow that is crazy! Bet his insurance costs are spiked!
I hope so although his car was paid for so he just had the minimum required insurance and I'm still going to physical therapy for my back. I have a feeling his coverage won't pay for all it so my insurance will probably have to kick in at some point. Here's pic, you can see where he hit me by the rear axle.
Attached Images

Old 11-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #14
futrocpd
P90X

dang

Closed Thread