Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-21-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
"Thor Jr" earns his stripes.........

Some of you may have read a thread a couple of weeks ago about "Thor Jr" - my new Captive Test Fleet Camaro.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87881

I've put about 600 miles on him thusfar - (a couple of business trips -- so he's spent some time at Detroit Metro Airport...)

-- Love the head-up display -- I've been a proponent for many years as it allows you to drive without taking your eyes off the road......

-- I've gone over him with a fine-tooth comb to look at any possible issues - -and I must take my hat off once again to the build team at Oshawa -- great job, guys and gals -- but I continue to look for things -- so that our customers get the best possible car.

Anywhoo -- Thor Jr. has earned his stripes - got the dual stripes put on his hood and decklid today - along with the interior accent panels.

they're not yellow....... they're

YELLOW!!!!

-- and we gave him some voice lessons - he now has the GM Accessory Exhaust System - he speaks with a much deeper 'voice'........

And - of course, he's a Camaro - and all Camaros have 'attitude' --

So he is now known as "Thor v 2.0" (he hates being called Jr.)

and yes, some people might think I'm insane - but others understand "Camaro" -- and the feeling of "Perma-grin".....

..and yes, I KNOW this thread is worthless without pictures....I'll try to get a family portrait taken at Carlisle where "Thor" "Thor v 2.0" and "Modi" will hang out together.........

Now - Independence Day is coming up quickly -

Please - -enjoy the holiday with family and friends - - it's a time to celebrate and take stock of how very fortunate we are to live in such a great country...... Thank a veteran -- and say a prayer for the men and women in active duty.........

It's customary to perhaps celebrate with some 'spirits' - and if you do, please - -don't drive. We want you around for manymany years.....

And it goes without saying: (but I'll say it anyway) Buckle Up!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
Kendell347
Doc

Drives: BLACKOUT & Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Some of you may have read a thread a couple of weeks ago about "Thor Jr" - my new Captive Test Fleet Camaro.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87881

I've put about 600 miles on him thusfar - (a couple of business trips -- so he's spent some time at Detroit Metro Airport...)

-- Love the head-up display -- I've been a proponent for many years as it allows you to drive without taking your eyes off the road......

-- I've gone over him with a fine-tooth comb to look at any possible issues - -and I must take my hat off once again to the build team at Oshawa -- great job, guys and gals -- but I continue to look for things -- so that our customers get the best possible car.

Anywhoo -- Thor Jr. has earned his stripes - got the dual stripes put on his hood and decklid today - along with the interior accent panels.

they're not yellow....... they're

YELLOW!!!!

-- and we gave him some voice lessons - he now has the GM Accessory Exhaust System - he speaks with a much deeper 'voice'........

And - of course, he's a Camaro - and all Camaros have 'attitude' --

So he is now known as "Thor v 2.0" (he hates being called Jr.)

and yes, some people might think I'm insane - but others understand "Camaro" -- and the feeling of "Perma-grin".....

Now - Independence Day is coming up quickly -

Please - -enjoy the holiday with family and friends - - it's a time to celebrate and take stock of how very fortunate we are to live in such a great country...... Thank a veteran -- and say a prayer for the men and women in active duty.........

It's customary to perhaps celebrate with some 'spirits' - and if you do, please - -don't drive. We want you around for manymany years.....

And it goes without saying: (but I'll say it anyway) Buckle Up!

Awesome Fbodfather (Scott)...I like it Thor version 2.0 The Oshawa group definitely did an awesome job on these cars, I can't thank them enough
1100-7/20/2009 * 6000-2/4/10 Proud Owner of Autographed Litho # 1282010 Camaro 2 SS/RS - BLACKOUT & 2017 Camaro 2 SS - 50th Anniversary #894 WWW. NY5THGEN.COM
Kendell347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Nice but I have to do it.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:21 PM   #4
TahoeCamaro

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS VR, '11 Tahoe LTZ
Old 06-21-2010, 10:23 PM   #5
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Drives: "HILLARY" :D
Very nice Scott, I'm glad to see someone so high up in the Gen 5 world treating it like the next guy as far as looking for the problems because hey, let's be honest...we already know what the pro's are to this car and its everlasting effect with the permagrin!! As fbodfather has spoken, be sure to thank a vet or someone on active duty on this upcoming holiday because if not for them we may not be as fortunate in this country to even sit behind our beloved Gen 5's!!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:29 PM   #6
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Great news!

in your inspection, did you happen to find a power adjustable passenger seat? ROFL... kidding (kinda! :P )
Toasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:31 PM   #7
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
Very cool, I look forward to seeing the family pics .

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:33 PM   #8
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
I don't just want to see it, I wanna hear the exhaust as well.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:40 PM   #9
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA CHEVY View Post
Very nice Scott, I'm glad to see someone so high up in the Gen 5 world treating it like the next guy as far as looking for the problems ..
that's exactly why we have several programs in effect - -for constant improvement -- one of which is CTF (Captive Test Fleet) - cars are driven and constantly inspected --with any and all issues called in thru OnStar. The Camaro Team reviews every comment and talks with the driver of the particular CTF. Root cause is determined and discussed with vendor/supplier to ensure that the problem is solved. I've spent a couple of hours going over ThorJr. (whoops -- Thor v 2.0) looking for the most insignificant issues - because what may be 'insignificant' to one may be a catastrophe to another. (and that's not putting anyone down......)

It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it....

And - for those who would like to hear the exhaust - Thor v 2.0 will be appearing at Camaros at Carlisle this weekend - ( www.carsatcarlisle.com)

(.....and while you're there - stop by and drive one of 16 new Camaros -- a couple of LaCrosses, and several other new GM entries at the Ride and Drive-- this year on public roads - not just the fairgrounds...)

One last note: bumblebee (one of the two cars from the movie) will also be making an appearance.......
Old 06-21-2010, 10:42 PM   #10
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
We miss Thor, but I'd like to personally welcome 2.0 to the family!!!

Here's to Scott, Thor 1 & 2.0, and all the men and women that have made the ultimate sacrifice to bring us our way of life! (and allowed us to enjoy our musclecar mania as such)

And here's to seatbelts and keeping spirits and our rides separate!

(I still think we need to find a way to get Thor 1 into Scott's personal garage)

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:43 PM   #11
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Good to here Thor's little brother is getting taken good care of!

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:51 PM   #12
JaxJags

Drives: 1994 Camaro Z28
It's awesome to see you love your Camaro so much.

Can't wait to see them at Carlisle this weekend!
JaxJags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:53 PM   #13
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:54 PM   #14
nachocheese

Drives: 1LT RS, SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
that's exactly why we have several programs in effect - -for constant improvement -- one of which is CTF (Captive Test Fleet) - cars are driven and constantly inspected --with any and all issues called in thru OnStar. The Camaro Team reviews every comment and talks with the driver of the particular CTF. Root cause is determined and discussed with vendor/supplier to ensure that the problem is solved. I've spent a couple of hours going over ThorJr. (whoops -- Thor v 2.0) looking for the most insignificant issues - because what may be 'insignificant' to one may be a catastrophe to another. (and that's not putting anyone down......)

It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it....

And - for those who would like to hear the exhaust - Thor v 2.0 will be appearing at Camaros at Carlisle this weekend - ( www.carsatcarlisle.com)

(.....and while you're there - stop by and drive one of 16 new Camaros -- a couple of LaCrosses, and several other new GM entries at the Ride and Drive-- this year on public roads - not just the fairgrounds...)

One last note: bumblebee (one of the two cars from the movie) will also be making an appearance.......
So what are your thoughts on the exhaust? There is only one video that I have found online. I'd love to hear more. Those bowtie tips are very tempting!
nachocheese is offline   Reply With Quote