Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-14-2017, 11:17 PM   #1
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
You own a Camaro

Hi Ya'll! Hope you're doing well...

Came back from a nice trip today. Was in the NW Seattle area enjoying the lovely 50 degree, wet ass weather. Its like christmas, year round.

Got me a nice rental. A Mazda 6. About 186hp at about 3200lbs... getting that out of the way.

This thing felt light. It was quick to get up to speed about 80. And well it was a nice ride, except for something...

The weather.

This thing got tossed around like a freakin leaf in a hurricane. Man, let me tell you that the winds are strong up in that area this time of year. They're pushing 40-50mph gusts at least and with rain... its every Camaro's owner's nightmare... except.

Well, except - you own a Camaro. Got home a bit ago. Decided to take my ride to the airport yesterday because, well, just because k. lol.

Had a nice flight back from Portland... landing in Seattle sucked, but the ride back was nice... even caught me a good flick. Had me a nice dinner.

Anyway lol... landed in Ontario a bit ago, came away with a smile.

As I walked back to my Camaro, I thought, man, look at that ass... its such a gorgeous ride, I missed you... checked out its curves and... one of these is not like the others... lol

Got in, started her up and it was a beautiful thing... the roar of the engine. Let it warm up for a bit because it was cold. Flew out yesterday, flew in today. Yes I warm 'er up... just what I've been doing since my old '95 LT1. Its worked so far in keeping her light on her feet all day.

As I drove out of the parking lot, I was like... damn... that Mazda 6 felt light, so does mine... and I'm not even giving it much throttle. Interesting...

Took the first turn and said, damn... this thing turns tight. It doesn't sway, it dosen't falter off where I want it to go... feels real firm to the ground....

As I pulled away down a lone avenue, I was pulling through the gears and felt exhilarated... up to 3k-4k, shift... just warming up, again and again... feels really good. Picks up quick, quicker than that Mazda...

Pulled up to a light and turn for a nice long street heading onto the 15fwy. At a light, me - Next to me a Chrysler 300 thingy... those with the grille lol.

Felt brave looks like... apparently because he wanted to pull away hard... yeah, I opened it up 50 percent throttle, swallowed her whole... but was just playing... damn I thought... It was only 50 percent, felt bad...

At this time folks, this ride is feeling like a million bucks. I was like... damn on the street........... as I jumped on the 15fwy. Gave it some gas through the gears through the on-ramp and next thing you know I'm doing 90 before I'm even on the freeway lol... had to slow down for those doing 85.

Adrenalin, hello... its a quiet night and as I hopped on, the stability of the ride was immediatly noticeable. I'm not getting tossed around, I thought... damn...........

Lets get serious here for a minute. Suspension folks... it does wonders to our rides. Upgrade it my 10-15 brothers that don't own a Z28 or a ZL1. Go hard or go home. I went Hotchkis and went BMR for bushings. Low 1" with some thick tires. Do It.

My rant's almost over folks... hang in there.

So here I am, feeling my ride out against that Mazda 6 lol. Ya'll laugh... how can it even compare! WTF dude, don't bash on a 6. Well folks, it is what it is, a simple comparison for me but the differences are HUGE!

Better Handling!
Better Acceleration!
Better Stability!
Better CONTROL!
BETTER... FUN! Just FUN! Man, shifting through the gears, that exhaust roaring... pulling from those wanting to ride your ass is priceless!

The moral of the story... don't take your Camaro for granted... EVER! I don't own a V6... vs V8... whatever. For me, this LS3 is my standard... anything less just simply won't do.

So I pulled into my driveway, sat in my car for a minute. Thought to myself, damn........ Camaro.

Footnote: Drive any other car that don't cost over 70k or more for a few days and you'll fall in love all over again. Holy Shit........... I am going to Santa Barbara in a few days. Ventura Hills............

Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:30 AM   #2
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Nice post and it's exactly the way I feel about my "VEE SIX" Camaro.

No matter how hard the V8 guys on here try to convince me that my V6 is a POS and not even a real Camaro, I always come away with how impressed I am with the high rpm power and awesome handling even with the base suspension. GM definitely knocked it out the park with the 5th gen.

This car is so refined and smooth all the way up to the Ferrari-like 7K+ rpm redline. The muscle car like cowl hood and the way the fenders flare up, ever so slightly, remind me of my old '70 Chevelle. Then, when I look into the rear view mirrors, I can see those sexy wide hips flaring out in the back reminding me of a C5 Vette and to some extent the C4's and 4th gens I used to drive.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think there was a small LS V8 under the hood. When I'm at a light and there's a newer car next to me, I have no problem popping the clutch and pulling on them in an instant until they are just a distant image in my rear view mirror.

No, I may not be able to keep up with the new "460hp" 5.0 GT or a "455hp" 6th gen SS, but neither can the mostly stock L99 or LS3 guys we have on here. AlI know is, that for me, the $18.9K I paid back in late summer '15 for my Camaro V6 offered and continues to offer an incredible value of PERFORMANCE and STYLE for the price. And, if I want to take it easy, which is very hard to do with the rev happy nature of the engine, I can enjoy 30+mpg on the highway.

I'll let the V8 guys battle it out and mod their cars into oblivion for chasing lower ET's only to finally trade up to the latest tech to keep up. For me, I have nothing to prove and my ego does not depend on how fast my car does in the 1/4 mile. For now, have no problem out on the street keeping up so that's all I care about.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:37 AM   #3
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
For sure gringo! In regards to all that, there will always be someone faster... screw all that mess and enjoy what you have.

You own a Camaro, a beautifully built car, regardless of trim to this day and for many more - a very nice ride! We own nice cars! Appreciate that blessing you have sitting out in the driveway, like you would appreciate all blessings.

Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:07 AM   #4
Starfall
1bad6

Drives: 2010 camaro
I like to think of v6’s and v8’s as a female, the v6 is a very sexy lady a nice ass, nice body, but is lacking on the tits, the v8 is the same as the v6 except she has bigger tits, not every man NEEDS bigger tits, but would some rather have it? Ya

Last edited by Starfall; 11-16-2017 at 03:48 AM.
Starfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:25 AM   #5
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
See, that was all very well said and no arguing! All is well in CamaroTown today!
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:37 AM   #6
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I’m with ya! I travel and rent cars nearly 2-3 times a month. I’m used to the various POS’s that are for rent. This whole year I’ve enjoyed “executive” status with National so I’ve rented a few Gen 6 SS Camaro's. Hell, even THAT car makes me appreciate my Gen 5 SS! Said it all before, it’s fast as Hell. Most of the rest of it, meh. I’ll rent a pickup truck when I can. Had my fling(s) with the Gen 6.

I always appreciate my ride when I get home too. And sorry, Gringo, I owned an LT 45th and the ride - especially the stability, of the SS was glaringly noticeable to me on the first drive home. (But my 45th was a beautiful car. No doubt about that) I’ve often described the SS here as a “big car” ride in a smaller package.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:24 AM   #7
jokrz187

Drives: 2015 1SS
i like my bigger tits, thats why i have two of them. the car and the wife. Double winner here. lol
Custom TSP Stage 2 Cam/GPI intake Ported Rod Mod /VARARAM CAI/Mishimoto Catch Can/1 LE front & rear sway bars/ engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
jokrz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:26 AM   #8
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this when I drive my Camaro.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:37 AM   #9
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Right now I have 5 Vehicles I can choose to drive. Each one is different, drives different and serve a different purpose except two are what I consider Our cruising vehicles.
We have a 1999 Astro Van, 190hp 4.3V6 used mainly for hauling the dogs and for hauling things we need to keep out of the weather.
2007 Chevy Colorado, 180hp NA 4 Cylinder used for hauling bigger items and making runs to the dump.
2016 Buick Encore, 153hp 1.4L Turbo 4 used as our family Vehicle when taking long trips where we will need more than 2 passenger seating.
2016 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible 170hp 1.8L Turbo 4 I bought for my wife last Valentine’s Day. One of our cruising vehicles.
2012 Camaro 1LT Convertible 323hp 3.6L V6, my favorite to drive. Our other cruising vehicle.

Driving the Beetle can be fun when the turbo kicks in but it is also a pain because of the torque steer, I don’t care for that, it drives nice and relatively fun otherwise but not my cup of tea. Anyway my wife usually drives it when we are out.
The Camaro on the other hand just makes me smile , not only when I drive it, with the sound of the exhaust with the top down, how easy it is to take the curves here in the mountains but every time I just look at it. It is special to me and always will be. I will be driving it on our cruises.
As you can see from my list of vehicles I am not into vehicles for speed, I am into them for either the practicality, the happiness of my wife or how how it makes me feel when I drive.

I think any car or truck can make you happy you just need to know your own heart.
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2017, 12:12 PM   #10
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
I like to think of v6’s and v8’s as a female, the v6 is a very sexy lady a nice ass, nice body, but is lacking on the tirs, the v8 is the same as the v6 except she has bigger tits, not every man NEEDS bigger tits, but would some rather have it? Ya
That's for sure, more than a few girls have told me mine are bigger than theirs, I'm not sure if it was a compliment or what? I'll just try for bigger tires instead.

Angrybird that camaro looks sharp !
I had a no-power v6 3rd gen manual that got derision from my male friends and compliments from my female friends. It was slower than everything but a diesel vw rabbit but I liked it. It was what I could afford and it didn't break.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:18 PM   #11
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
That's for sure, more than a few girls have told me mine are bigger than theirs, I'm not sure if it was a compliment or what? I'll just try for bigger tires instead.

Angrybird that camaro looks sharp !
I had a no-power v6 3rd gen manual that got derision from my male friends and compliments from my female friends. It was slower than everything but a diesel vw rabbit but I liked it. It was what I could afford and it didn't break.
Thanks, 5 years old and it still gets lots of compliments, holding up well for a car that sits outside 24/7/365. I just finally bought a car cover and battery tender for it...
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2017, 12:38 PM   #12
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Rentals are never much fun. I'm usually in an economy turd because I don't care to overspend to borrow a car for a few days. Between having zero balls or the auto trans in the Focus trying to kill me, I always feel good coming home to one of the Camaros. "Ahhh... "

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:59 PM   #13
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
The Camaro has always been the exception to the rule. Camaro represents a very high level of performance, visual appeal and legacy for the price that Chevrolet asks for it. It will beat most cars in its price segment in many categories, especially in performance.

It is, at times, an unappreciated breed. I feel it was appreciated most when it went away in '02. Suddenly, the masses realized that their "special" car, that they could always count on to blow away the doors of the competition, was gone.

Everyone that owns a Camaro should appreciate the qualities and abilities that it brings to the road. Take care of them, and use good discipline when driving your Camaro. The Camaro should bring years of performance driving excellence.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 02:17 PM   #14
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokrz187 View Post
i like my bigger tits, thats why i have two of them. the car and the wife. Double winner here. lol

funny thing about that - money can always buy bigger ones!
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote