Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 08-12-2020, 05:27 AM   #155
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
I've been thinking of getting another loud horn for the Camaro. It's just too risky not having people hear you when they start to come over in your lane.
Nice thing about the airhorn was it had a little delay. I could hit my horn button super quick and only toot the city horn and not the air horn. Any longer than half a second and they would blast.
as you saw, not only is there a short video, but also a complete set of instructions that has EVERYTHING you need for the install. one thing that nice with my set-up is that they use the stick horn button, but IF you want I put in a switch on the lower dash such that you can disable the air horn and have nothing but the stocker for city use, if you so please....personally I left them on full time, which meant you get BOTH the stick horn and the air-horns at the push of the horn button. within the instructions, I wrote them where you have the choice to either have the disable switch or not. I have even put the exact set of horns on my Colorado. AND just so you k now.....with them wired like this....the air horn with your alarm just like your stock horn does.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:12 PM   #156
James Montigny
That guy

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Its happened to me.....and I bet its happened to you too, SOMEONE, WITH NO BRAIN, NOT LOOKING WHERE THEY ARE GOING, runs out in front of you and isn't even looking where they are going....and you have no where to go but get on the brakes....something tell me they might even be on the PHONE!!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I made a SLIGHT little modification to my car to make it a bit louder so it will be a bit easier to get noticed.

BTW......I have a complete set of instructions I made for the DIY, complete with lots of pictures. They are RIGHT BELOW!

Attachment 396413
Stumbled on this today ... Nicely done, sir ... nicely done.
James Montigny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 08:47 AM   #157
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Old 12-13-2023, 12:24 PM   #158
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Way cool!!!