Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #99
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Did not read thru the entire thread.

Some advice:

1. - no matter what you are dealing with - always get a signed agreement. That's Law 101 (and common sense 101)

2. - Never lie. If the dealer is asking you to give them praise when they didn't perhaps deserve the praise, that's lying. We do not want dealers offering 'stuff' to get good grades..that's subverting the whole purpose of the satisfaction survey. (....I'd love to know who the dealer was via private message)
There you have it. How can they have any idea or weed out the bad ones if you submit to their diversions and questionable tactics and don't call a "spade a spade" so-to-speak.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #100

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepirate View Post
Haha, yeahhhhh... I know I have issues.
Ever read the story "The Boy Who Cried Wolfe"...?...Might be useful to you in the future...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #101
Xedes

Drives: 2011 Black RS/SS
Trust me on this, its better to ignore the survey than give bad reviews. If you decide to give an honest review (which sounds like it was bad) prepare to feel the repercussions of it. GM might want to know the truth about your purchase but can do very little to protect you from the dealership seeking revenge. I'm not going into all of the details of my situation but I have started a few threads with details if you would like to look them up. Basically, you'll be jumping through hoops for any repairs your car might need. It's not worth the headache and has me contemplating on selling my SS.
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #102
digger13

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro SS
Take the free stuff and still give them a bad review. If they ask you about why you gave them a bad review after taking the free stuff...ask to see in writing the agreement yall had about giving a good review after getting the free stuff.
digger13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #103
Grey Ghost

Drives: 2013 HWSE 2SS
Since you already bought the car, I would reflect the bad experience in the survey. They don't deserve a good review on the survey. The ripped you off, your not happy with them, so why lie and say you are?? Be honest in the survey.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #104
SLEEPER SS
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I would give them all bad reviews in that survey. Dealers are all a bunch on liers. They screwed you over now screw them over. Trust me those surveys mean alot to them. I used to work a bramn BMW in Miami and they live off those surveys
SLEEPER SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #105
STW

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Yeah, trust me, I know there are many things I should have done different. I'm almost just as pissed at myself.

Thank you all for the advice. Unfortunately I can't change the mistakes I personally made, however I'm still trying to decide how to deal with the upcoming situation...
Always get it in writing, shop the deal (at least 3 places), sell your used car privately (you did that right!) or at Carmax.

I'm not old, ain't young either. I learned alot from buying my first new car. I made the similar mistakes like you explained. It burned me to the core. I have much more experience buying used cars, done that a bunch. Seriously, it's only money, now you have experience, which is invaluable.

However, this part is important, I made the dealer give me a clear bra at cost and a Free set of SLP loud mouths. Yes, give.....I was going to raise hell everywhere until I was compensated.

Feel it, accept it, let it go.

FYI.
STW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #106
jesserayjames

Drives: Drives a 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6M
Cool

Quote:
Yeah, trust me, I know there are many things I should have done different. I'm almost just as pissed at myself.

Thank you all for the advice. Unfortunately I can't change the mistakes I personally made, however I'm still trying to decide how to deal with the upcoming situation...

If you are smarter for this experience, then listen to beezwax, which is your best bet, and will most likely save you money, if GM doesn't help you, then burn the dealer at the stake with the survey, they deserve it ................ JRJ
Old 09-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #107
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
. I'm starting to believe that the two sales men that agreed to 38k out the door, (which included 3k in taxes and licensing) really didn't have the right to do what they did.
probably not. I remember when I bought mine and demanded an OTD price my salesman told me he'd have to get that from the sales manager. he never even pretended he could do it. an hour later I got an email from the sales manager wanting to know where it would be registered so he could get the tax amount. the next day he called with the price.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #108
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
.Sounds to me like the op sort of caved-in...lol...Chock up another win for the salesmen!..
there really wasn't anything he could do. I seriously doubt they were going to cut him a check for 3K
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #109

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
there really wasn't anything he could do. I seriously doubt they were going to cut him a check for 3K
That's true...but Brandon from Customer Service and even Fbodfather offered to help...Don't think he took up either offer...Sad part is he probably gave them a good survey....They punked him on the price, then ate his lunch again with the survey in exchange for a few trinkets...The "ultimate" in salesmanship!...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #110
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Well, just left the dealer. All and all, they cut me a check for another 441 dollars, gave me 10 free movie passes, tons of oil changes, free sodas and popcorn at the movies, free ski passes at Park City Mnt Resort, and free Jazz tickets. I'm happy now
I started on the last page and thought this was a joke until I saw this is your thread.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #111
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
Since you already bought the car, I would reflect the bad experience in the survey. They don't deserve a good review on the survey. The ripped you off, your not happy with them, so why lie and say you are?? Be honest in the survey.
...Be honest in the survey ,,,,, BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF FIRST , if you are happy , show it in there , on the other hand if you are unhappy you just have to say it there , that's all there is to it .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:59 PM   #112
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPER SS View Post
I would give them all bad reviews in that survey. Dealers are all a bunch on liers. They screwed you over now screw them over. Trust me those surveys mean alot to them. I used to work a bramn BMW in Miami and they live off those surveys
Wait a minute -- "Dealers are all a bunch of liers (liars) " -- ALL of them?

No - I don't think so. Call Becky or Tom or Matt or many others a Liar on this site and you may have many people at your front door......wanting to 'discuss'

I understand that perhaps you don't like some dealers - but please don't paint everyone with the same brush.