Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-29-2014, 08:55 AM   #85
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
Where were they caught lying?
I guess, in your haste to misdirect this thread by accusing GM of a specific issue that ISN'T an issue, you missed this previous post (or blindly ignored it...):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Here is, SPECIFICALLY, what THEY "said":

2.3L EcoBoost FRPP Modifications: 12.56 secs
- Performance Rear Subframe Kit
- Heavy Duty Half-Shaft Kit
- Draft Shaft Safety Loops
-Prototype Off-Road Exhaust
-Ford Racing Development Engine Calibration

- Hoosier Drag Racing Slicks (Rear)
- Weld-Racing AlumaStar Drag Wheels (Rear)
- Recaro Race Seat

...and here is, at a glance, what they left out (pun intended):

- Stripped Interior

- Exhaust-Delete ("Prototype Off-Road Exhaust", indeed!)

- Weld AlumaStar Racing Wheels - Front

What's the Curb Weight of that car NOW? 3,400? 3,350? LESS?

And, if they left these "minor details" out, what ELSE was added-changed-deleted? God knows...
As anyone who has spent a moment prepping and racing KNOWS, reduced weight has the same impact as increased power. Drag racing: it's accepted theory that 100 lb = 1/10...

FRPP's stated objectives were to be the first to put an EB in the 12s, a GT in the 11s, and their super-GT in the 10s, as per video. Agreed? And they apparently accomplished those goals.

I do NOT question those results...

I DO, however, take extreme issue with their methods...and WHAT THEY STATE AS THEIR LIST OF MODIFICATIONS, in total.

The "missing" cat-back factory exhaust, in ALL cases, is a significant weight-saver. So too are all the items changed and deleted INSIDE the car. On balance, SOME of that weight was added back by the glorified HardBar...but not nearly as much as they stripped from the interior. A chromoly "tall" HardBar (for belt attachment and some roll-over protection) weighs well under 100 lb., and is waaay beyond necessary in a 12-second car.

Then , there's the problem of "mods"....and where they end. Or do they? "Nope, that's ALL we did..." REALLY?! You forgot to mention the above interior-exhaust mods performed on ANY car. And the front AlumaStars...

Let's look at the results:

"EB in the 12s" - if they'd left the exhaust and interior alone, and forgot the HardBar, they likely would have STILL run 12's...so why didn't they? Only they can 'splain that one...they MUST have needed those FOUR AlumaStars, after all...

"GT in the 11s" - here's where things get a little delicate. Factory interior and exhaust weight MAY have cost them that number... Remember, 100 lb. = 1/10. Pretty close, here...and NO track requires a roll bar in an upper-11s car!

"Super-GT in the 10s" - here, you NEED a roll bar. Check. But, if you add back in the weight of the missing interior and full exhaust, they likely would NOT have "run the number"...a number that's significant to match-beat the HELLCAT's equally cloudy P.R. TIT might NOT have matched TAT...you know, that "10.80s on DRs"...

Taking a showroom-fresh new car and performing the total mods FRPP did will be matched by almost NO ONE. So, "your results WILL vary...w-I-d-e-l-y"

But hey, they "ran the numbers"! Good for them...

Modding vehicles and passing 'em off as "bone stock" (their quote) ALWAYS ends with more QUESTIONS than answers...EVERY TIME! Sanctioning bodies call that CHEATING. We'll simply call it what it is...LYING.

Last edited by LOWDOWN; 09-29-2014 at 09:24 AM.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 09:37 AM   #86
ford20

Drives: Boss 302
Quote:
Here is, SPECIFICALLY, what THEY "said":

2.3L EcoBoost FRPP Modifications: 12.56 secs
- Performance Rear Subframe Kit
- Heavy Duty Half-Shaft Kit
- Draft Shaft Safety Loops
-Prototype Off-Road Exhaust
-Ford Racing Development Engine Calibration

- Hoosier Drag Racing Slicks (Rear)
- Weld-Racing AlumaStar Drag Wheels (Rear)
- Recaro Race Seat

...and here is, at a glance, what they left out:

- Stripped Interior

- COMPLETE Exhaust-Delete ("Prototype Off-Road Exhaust", indeed!)

- Weld AlumaStar Racing Wheels - Front

- NO ROLL BAR, therefore NO added weight being compensated for...

What's the Curb weight of that car NOW? 3,400? 3,350? LESS?

And, if they left these "minor details" out, what ELSE was added-changed-deleted? God knows...

This was STRICTLY a P.R. piece for FRPP. Any relationship to a production EB is only in the minds of those 'net warriors and extreme Ford fans...and CLEARLY illustrates the absurdity of trying to pass off a "few minor modifications" as "worthy of consideration" and "valid engineering data".

There is NO SAE spec for what they've done with these cars. BUYER BEWARE!

...which is a damned STUPID way to promote a NEW vehicle of such importance to the Ford Motor Company...
Good Lord don't you sound like a little cry baby. I don't think I have ever met anyone in my life who seems to devote as much time and energy to Ford hate as you do. It is actually just a little bit sad.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:52 AM   #87
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford20 View Post
Good Lord! It is actually just a little bit sad.
No, it's a LOT sad that YOUR Brand would mislead you so...and I feel your pain.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:58 AM   #88
2011shelby

Drives: 2011ShelbyGT500
I also heard they only used 4 lugs per tire for even more weight savings.
2011shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:04 AM   #89
ford20

Drives: Boss 302
Quote:
No, it's a LOT sad that YOUR Brand would mislead you so...and I feel your pain.
Mislead me? I think you just a wee bit mad that EcoBoost that is setup for drag racing is running very similar times to what the majority of stock SS's (or is it SS) run. Although you lost entire credibility to me for not know what a SRA looks like in comparison to an IRS not to mention not knowing that Ford Racing is to Ford what GM Performance Parts is to General Motors.

Or in your words:

Ford Racing is using a HIGHLY OPTIMIZED 4 cylinder Mustang to run times that are fairly quick but I am grasping at straws to come up with ways to discredit the video because I am lying to you in my posts.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:25 AM   #90
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
Ecoboost pulling the tire is impressive.
A turbo 4 running mid 12's@109 with mods listed NOT so impressive.
But I'm use to evo's , doing it with less .
But the car is not in the hands of "tuners" can't wait to see what they can do with it.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:39 AM   #91
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:

Ford Racing is using a HIGHLY OPTIMIZED 4 cylinder Mustang to run times that are fairly quick
Not according to their "BONE STOCK" narrative...or their "missing" add-change-delete "LIST"...

Quote:
I am lying to you in my posts.
Ford Racing has a position for you...just call Jesse and he'll hook you up...
Old 09-29-2014, 11:43 AM   #92
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Mislead me? I think you just a wee bit mad that EcoBoost that is setup for drag racing is running very similar times to what the majority of stock SS's (or is it SS) run. Although you lost entire credibility to me for not know what a SRA looks like in comparison to an IRS not to mention not knowing that Ford Racing is to Ford what GM Performance Parts is to General Motors.

Or in your words:

Ford Racing is using a HIGHLY OPTIMIZED 4 cylinder Mustang to run times that are fairly quick but I am grasping at straws to come up with ways to discredit the video because I am lying to you in my posts.
Also its pretty much on par with what mist stock gt's run also not just the camaro. Not saying you are one but I think its funny how the "mustang" guys are comparing the eco boost to the ss and leaving out the fact that its also a tenth or two behind the gt. To me tha puts them all in the same ballpark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt55 View Post
Ecoboost pulling the tire is impressive.
A turbo 4 running mid 12's@109 with mods listed NOT so impressive.
But I'm use to evo's , doing it with less .
But the car is not in the hands of "tuners" can't wait to see what they can do with it.
I'm sure it will run those time without the chassis mods assuming wheel hop isn't a issue. So factor in that and the cost difference of the awd cars you referenced and I would say that's impressive.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:03 PM   #93
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
What impresses me is that FRPP is getting those numbers. Like others have said, FRPP runs very conservative tunes, and if installed by a Ford dealer, they retain the vehicles warranty.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:22 PM   #94
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QwikZ28 View Post
BECAUSE ALL CAR MANUFACTURERS LIE. Simple and to the point...
So… despite being shown a stock ZL1 run 11.74 on clearest view ever of factory tires, you’re saying that Chevy couldn’t have made an 11.93 pass because Ford and Dodge lie?

I have no beef with the Ford runs but the hurt sure runs deep in you

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:32 PM   #95
1QwikZ28

Drives: 1999 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
So… despite being shown a stock ZL1 run 11.74 on clearest view ever of factory tires, you’re saying that Chevy couldn’t have made an 11.93 pass because Ford and Dodge lie?

I have no beef with the Ford runs but the hurt sure runs deep in you
And denial runs deep in you. Show me one third party video showing stock 11 sec ZL1s . Not a bs video from GM or a video from private owners (they have their own agenda).
1QwikZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:48 PM   #96
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QwikZ28 View Post
And denial runs deep in you. Show me one third party video showing stock 11 sec ZL1s . Not a bs video from GM or a video from private owners (they have their own agenda).
borrowing from another C5 poster
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:51 PM   #97
1QwikZ28

Drives: 1999 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
borrowing from another C5 poster
Waiting...nice reach though.
1QwikZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:57 PM   #98
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by derklug View Post
What impresses me is that FRPP is getting those numbers. Like others have said, FRPP runs very conservative tunes, and if installed by a Ford dealer, they retain the vehicles warranty.
This^ all they did this/didnt say this/but said this aside. the fact FRPP got those times is impressive. I can't wait to see what Lethal Performance has up their sleeve for the S550
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote