Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 02-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #9101
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
On the whole G8, CTSV, Z06, BMW

People buy what they want and fits their needs.

I am sure the M5, S65, E65, S8... etc people may also agrue.

I think some people would LOVE to have a Corvette but shoving two baby girls under the hatch doesnt work too well. Whats wrong with wanting a little more umph out of a sedan.

I am done with this... Seems there isnt much support on the 2 is cheaper than one front anyhow....
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #9102
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
On the whole G8, CTSV, Z06, BMW

People buy what they want and fits their needs.

I am sure the M5, S65, E65, S8... etc people may also agrue.

I think some people would LOVE to have a Corvette but shoving two baby girls under the hatch doesnt work too well. Whats wrong with wanting a little more umph out of a sedan.

I am done with this... Seems there isnt much support on the 2 is cheaper than one front anyhow....
Its been like 30 years of arguing whats better between the camaro and the mustang, so why not bring some other cars into the mix? haha. Camaro Vs. Mustang, Ferrari Vs. lambo, Imports vs. domestic...

people will always argue some options are better than others, and it completely comes down to personal passion and opinion.

but just like how a lot of people buy the bulk packaging at walmart (even though it often costs more than buying the same quantity of non-bulk packaged product), people are far from rational in their arguments for buying things and doing things! as I said, what justification do I have for having Fieros besides "I love 'em"?

I was just trying to find out why people like G8s besides the "performance vs. luxury", but maybe I should have just kept it a one-liner. I drove one for a few thousand miles and really missed the performance of the camaro, and when we were looking for one for Jaylin, I didn't know why the used car value was so high on them... as I said, it "didnt make sense". I was hoping someone could help me understand the value I'm missing on them besides just random pontiac fans? (like I'm a random fiero fan)

not trying to offend or cause trouble We will never agree on many things, some of us for rational reasons, others for purely irrational ones, but thats OK!
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #9103
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnyd View Post
how about comparing a CTSV to a CTS. Its going to be the same except for the performance, and thats the piece we are agreent to "remove" to parlay into a corvette.

And CTSV Sedan starts at 64,800 before GG tax, but not before 4.5k discounts dealerships are offering, so lets say 62k pre sales tax for a CTS-V vs. 38-rebates = 34k for the same CTS (the cts starts at 35,9), therefore exact same luxury experience. (you can option both up a bit and it will be similar). Factor in gas and we're talking 47k difference, which is almost 10k less than the difference between a new Z06 and its 5 year resale.

In fact that 10k can option up the CTS Sedan to have more luxury features than the CTSV would have had.
I'm late in this debate, but I understand all these number are about "investment and return on investment". What percentage of people purchase a car for ROI only? I think some numbers are a little 'soft' but this conversation seems to be going in different directions. But the purchaser will have many more things that outweigh this one factor of ROI. Ride, looks, options, spouse approval, etc. Just my .02 in here.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #9104
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
I didn't know why the used car value was so high on them.
I think most of it can be attributed to it being the last performance Pontiac. If they were still being made when i bought the Camaro, I might have bought a G8 instead (mostly because of having 4 kids), but I'm glad I got the Camaro. How else would all of you got to meet me?

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #9105
Jaylin
Christian Lady Gearhead

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
Some weather we are having.
Yep! How about it!

Flowmaster Exhaust, Magnaflow Stainless Tips, Black Out tail lights, bowties, reverse lights & side panel lights, Window tint, RS spoiler
Jaylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #9106
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylin View Post
Yep! How about it!
Mother nature decided today that winter is over.

It took the winterizing cover off the fiero! lol...
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #9107
Jaylin
Christian Lady Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
I think most of it can be attributed to it being the last performance Pontiac. If they were still being made when i bought the Camaro, I might have bought a G8 instead (mostly because of having 4 kids), but I'm glad I got the Camaro. How else would all of you got to meet me?
That's partly why I like them! The one I had was the last one made and it's rare now and will probably be worth something some day. Plus I just love any GM car.

Flowmaster Exhaust, Magnaflow Stainless Tips, Black Out tail lights, bowties, reverse lights & side panel lights, Window tint, RS spoiler
Old 02-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #9108
Jaylin
Christian Lady Gearhead

Quote:

Mother nature took it off again!? I think she's probably telling you it's time to give the car some attention in preparation for autocross and summer!

Old 02-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #9109
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
Some weather we are having.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #9110
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
So does anyone have input on whether a G8 is a good car or not?
Old 02-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #9111
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by velociSSimo View Post
So does anyone have input on whether a G8 is a good car or not?
I'm sure you could find a few opinions on them here. Personally, I'd love to have a Stryker Blue GT or GXP!

Sent while on baby duty.... please sleep
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #9112
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
G8's biggest fault was being born a Pontiac. Could've been a really nice Buick or kick-ass Chevy sedan. A little more style and refinement and might have beat out the 3's. Too bad it had to become extinct. At least now they're collector cars. Nice one at that.

Let's see how Caddy does with their new 3-challenger.

Last edited by SilverIceman; 02-24-2012 at 08:53 PM.
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #9113
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:

winter is over? we're supposed to get 1-3" of snow tonight & another 1" tomorrow

who's up for a cruise to Punxsutawney to kick some rodent @$$? it's all his fault...LOL

Last edited by cntryman77; 02-25-2012 at 06:47 AM.
cntryman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #9114
clayton006

Drives: 2011 2SS Black M6
New camaro owner checking in. Hopefully I get through my transmission issues. We will see. Love the car otherwise. Yeah I'm liking this weather so far. Hopefully it stays.
clayton006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?