Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #43
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
ahh the good ole days when i used to pour about a fifth into my arizona tea can and walk around drinking it........

So as stated, he was sitting in front of the ABC liquor store drinking something in a can. He repeatedly refused to allow the cop to identify what was in the can, like what it says on the side of the can proves nothing was added to it after opening....if it was still sealed ok...but it wasn't.

if your believed to be intoxicated in public and/or driving, and refuse testing, you are assumed to be guilty. Why would they treat possible open container laws any different...if you wont show the cop what you are drinking and let him verify the container isn't full of alcohol, why wouldn't he be assumed guilty as well?

He appeared to be an off duty cop doing security for ABC....if so he had every right to demand the person leave the private property he was parked on.

you have no right to resist arrest...ever...there is no wiggle room. if its a wrongful arrest that needs to be pursued through the proper channels....again...there is no reason to resist arrest..period.

The smart thing would of been to get in his car and leave....if you want to do the DA thing and stay and argue with a cop who's given you an out you deserve everything you receive......

my guess, i have nothing to base this on except the obvious initial staging of the video is the guy got run off before for drinking alcohol on the property, probably from an Arizona tea can. so he and his buddy were going to "get the cop" by going back and drinking again with one knowing the cop was going to come back and see if they were drinking. I don't know if they figured they would get money out of it or if they were chased off before and their pride was hurt or not, but the video taking was obviously contrived.

either way, I saw nothing wrong in how the cop handled it.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote