The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 07-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #1
bandit723

Drives: 2014 c7
memory seat problems

when I try to get my memory seat to adjust. it sometimes adjust and other times is tries to adjust the steering wheel moves very little and also the seat. I think the door switch is NG. just trying to see if anybody else had this problem.....
bandit723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:38 PM   #2
emsguy

Drives: 2012 2ss convertible
yup. had exactly the same problem. I have an M7. took it back to the dealer. there is a software update. not only did it fix the problem, it improved the function. now, the seat and steering wheel go to the exit position when the door is opened AND the seat and steering wheel return to the memory position when you start the car. you don't have to push the memory button. took less than an hour. well worth it.
emsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:58 PM   #3
bandit723

Thanks for the reply
Old 07-18-2014, 01:59 PM   #4
Pete r welch

Drives: 2014 Stingray
Try just tapping the #1 seat position. If you hold it at all it stops and waits!
Pete r welch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:07 PM   #5
bandit723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete r welch View Post
Try just tapping the #1 seat position. If you hold it at all it stops and waits!
tried tapping holding and everything else. even the key fob I would have to agree with it's probably a software problem. ill let you guys know she goes in tomorrow.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:20 PM   #6
donzi

Drives: C7 Z51 Cyber Gray Metallic, 05 GTO
Hi Bandit, all you have to do is reset the seat position so it does not go all the way back as there are switches under the seat that if the seat goes back to far on the exit mode the switches are made, I had the same problem and my service manager got me the info from GM, I readjusted my seat in the exit mode so it does not go all the way back and all is fine now no problems.
donzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:19 PM   #7
bandit723

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzi View Post
Hi Bandit, all you have to do is reset the seat position so it does not go all the way back as there are switches under the seat that if the seat goes back to far on the exit mode the switches are made, I had the same problem and my service manager got me the info from GM, I readjusted my seat in the exit mode so it does not go all the way back and all is fine now no problems.
thank you donzi it works like a charm. great advice.....
Old 07-24-2014, 02:45 PM   #8
Gabbott

Drives: 2014 Crystal Red C7 Convertible *
Do any of you tech guys know if there is a way to clear the setting in either of the two memory seat numbers? I've spent hours trying to set position #1 to store my driving seat position. But each time I test it (after following the procedure to set it), the seat drops all of the way down, and all of the way back. I've probably re-set it a dozen times....with no success.

Then I set my driving position with #2, it worked the very first time. But, my wife wants to use #2.

If I could determine how to clear the setting (if it is a setting) for position #1, I might be able to resolve this?
Gabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:00 PM   #9
bandit723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbott View Post
Do any of you tech guys know if there is a way to clear the setting in either of the two memory seat numbers? I've spent hours trying to set position #1 to store my driving seat position. But each time I test it (after following the procedure to set it), the seat drops all of the way down, and all of the way back. I've probably re-set it a dozen times....with no success.

Then I set my driving position with #2, it worked the very first time. But, my wife wants to use #2.

If I could determine how to clear the setting (if it is a setting) for position #1, I might be able to resolve this?
when you press set for one to two seconds then press 1 you should hear a chime. telling you that the set is program. good luck
Old 07-24-2014, 10:04 PM   #10
TNSQUIRE

Drives: 2019 Grand Sport Shadow Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbott View Post

I have had better luck setting the memory position by holding the set button and the #button simultaneously until it beeps. Works every time for mine.
TNSQUIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:29 PM   #11
Gabbott

The smart tech-dude at the dealership advised me that each key FOB is "connected" to either #1 or #2 Memory buttons, and you need to have that particular FOB with you, while you make your position settings.

When I had the other key fob with me, I was able to get the setting to Position #1 to work. I don't recall reading this in the owners manual?
Old 07-25-2014, 04:02 PM   #12
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
The reflash is only for manual transmission Stingrays and reprograms the auto memory recall so it functions like the automatic trans cars. Just had the reflash done this morning and now it works much better. A couple of things to check: in Settings under Vehicle go to Comfort and Convenience. Make sure Easy Exit is checked On. This will move the seat and wheel to your exit setting (the right most memory button) when you open the door. Also check to see if Auto Memory Recall is set to Adjust with Start. If so, once engine is started the seat and wheel adjust to the memory preset of whichever fob is used when starting the car. If you have a manual trans car without the reflash, this option is not available, and if Auto Recall is turned on, the seat and wheel adjust to Memory 1 or 2 as soon as you open the door. Turn it off and the seat stays in the Exit setting but you have to hit one of the door buttons momentarily to use the recall function. Absolutely worth the time to have it reflashed!
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:14 PM   #13
Gabbott

I must have missed something? What is a Reflash?
Well, I have an automatic, so I guess that it doesn't concern me anyway?

I had the settings set as you have recommended.

So far, everything is working as I wish, once I had the other FOB in my possession during the setting procedure.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:38 AM   #14
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
Glad to hear you have the settings figured out. A reflash is where the dealer reprograms or "reflashes" the software in one of the car's onboard computers. The software is stored in flash memory much like the kind used in a SD card or USB memory stick/flash drive. In fact, the dealer downloads the new version of the software from GM to a USB stick then inserts it into one of the USB ports in the car and reprograms from there.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote