Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-17-2009, 05:47 PM   #29
jhmurphy

Drives: Grey Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post

Wow, I thought Scott's car was the only one running that slow. You definately need some of that magically GM high octane gas they gave Scott.
I would love some of that magical juice for my baby. Went to the dealer and now have an open case with them #10991734 hope to hear back tomorrow from the district rep.
jhmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:42 PM   #30
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinyljunkie View Post
I have a 2ss/rs m6. I know that the people who talk the most are pretty much immature blowjobs and kill the drag/racing world. no need for d-bags here.

Doesnt the A6 paddle shift have paddle shift? And dont let it get to you .... maybe thats why shes all up in you or maybe she likes you.... then have your girl kill her with her IS but on a track
May be a good idea. But that GT that jumped allover me the other night has me even more pissed.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:53 PM   #31
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Well as frustrating as this must be for you guys, The good news is GM is working it.

It's frustrating I know but hang in there. They've obviously been caught off guard on this one.

Hang in there.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #32
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
So I think I've seen 2 L99s visited by GM reps. What exactly did the GM folks say the problem was and what was does to solve the problem(s)? Was everything related to gas only???

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:11 PM   #33
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Well as frustrating as this must be for you guys, The good news is GM is working it.

It's frustrating I know but hang in there. They've obviously been caught off guard on this one.

Hang in there.

Dealer has my car. Meaningless. He put down "Customer claims that the Horse Power of vehicle is insufficient".

I told him that wasn't exactly what I wanted on the sheet but that the car is simply not getting the acceleration it should. He said that they don't deal in 'times' but HP and performance. Whatever that means. That's fine, as long as I do as I'm told with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
So I think I've seen 2 L99s visited by GM reps. What exactly did the GM folks say the problem was and what was does to solve the problem(s)? Was everything related to gas only???
so far as we know.

I know about Scotts. Who is the other one?
Old 08-18-2009, 12:32 PM   #34
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Dealer has my car. Meaningless. He put down "Customer claims that the Horse Power of vehicle is insufficient".

I told him that wasn't exactly what I wanted on the sheet but that the car is simply not getting the acceleration it should. He said that they don't deal in 'times' but HP and performance. Whatever that means. That's fine, as long as I do as I'm told with the car.

so far as we know.

I know about Scotts. Who is the other one?
Again, Dealers FTF....

You'd think they'd at least try and educate themselves on the issue???

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:36 PM   #35
JSOC_MQ1

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Thanks to your threads about the A6 problem, I made sure my dealer put 93 octane in the car.
One of the first things I tested was the 0-60 times (yea, I know no vid. or pic's sorry) with only about 10 miles on the car. It was right at between the 5 - 5.5 sec. times.
I also told the dealer about the problems that other people have been having and they are making sure that the 93 octane get's in all future camaros (they have 11 more coming in next month).

Now, not to thread jack or anything, but I get my car back on Thursday and am looking forward to the times with the below mod's:

New Era OTR Intake
ARH LT & 3" exhaust
SLP PowerFlo mufflers and tips (making full 3" exhaust)
All installed by my dealer

I will post up a video when I get it back.
JSOC_MQ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:59 PM   #36
CRUSHER2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I do a lot of reading and not much posting, however on this issue I feel compelled to add my 2 cents.

1) My L99 couldn't pull away from a VW bug
2) My L99 can't smoke the tires -( yes I know all about how to turn off the traction control etc.......)
3) I only have 91 octane available in this area, and yes I only run 91 and I put in the 91 GAS for the initial fill from the dealer myself.
4) There are several issues that GM needs to correct, telling you 93 octane gas fixed the problem is BS.
5) I Don't buy the line, 93 octane is the fix, they uploaded a new ECM program and tune for your car and fixed your problem. What about the rest of us??????????
5) We all need the new ECM tune and update you received or even a better one so the car can deliver and perform according to the stated factory specs or better.
6) The dealers need to be notified of this problem so they can speak intelligently to their loyal GM customers and fix the problem ASAP..........................

This fix is taking way too long and they will loose market share to Ford when they try to convert Pony drivers to Camaro drivers especially when the future customers know there is a problem with the L99s. They read this Forum also..........
CRUSHER2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:18 PM   #37
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSOC_MQ1 View Post
Thanks to your threads about the A6 problem, I made sure my dealer put 93 octane in the car.
One of the first things I tested was the 0-60 times (yea, I know no vid. or pic's sorry) with only about 10 miles on the car. It was right at between the 5 - 5.5 sec. times.
I also told the dealer about the problems that other people have been having and they are making sure that the 93 octane get's in all future camaros (they have 11 more coming in next month).

Now, not to thread jack or anything, but I get my car back on Thursday and am looking forward to the times with the below mod's:

New Era OTR Intake
ARH LT & 3" exhaust
SLP PowerFlo mufflers and tips (making full 3" exhaust)
All installed by my dealer

I will post up a video when I get it back.
Cool. Start a thread when you get it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Again, Dealers FTF....

You'd think they'd at least try and educate themselves on the issue???

I tried to let him know what was going on but they just look at me like I'm rambling. Not their fault, just don't have any info from the top. I guess if I was them, I'd be doing the same thing. They are going to 'test' my car and call me and tell me I can pick it up and it is running fine. Again, not flaming the dealer. What else can they do?

Sure the car 'feels' strong, but it's being held back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUSHER2SS View Post
6) The dealers need to be notified of this problem so they can speak intelligently to their loyal GM customers and fix the problem ASAP..........................

Old 08-25-2009, 04:11 PM   #38
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
I'm seeing the same RPMs on all of them.
It did seem like in the first few videos, especially from second to third between 55MPH and 60MPH you can clearly see the hesitation in the speedometer. Very bizarre. The last video probably has times in the low 6.0's, which is markedly better than what Scott was putting up earlier. I really hope you can enjoy the car now. Sucks it happened in the first place. I'll also add that changing the octane of gas seems like a very unlikely fix, although the computer hard reset (ECM) may have helped. If you know it won't void your warranty, pull the fuses and check it out to confirm. Better than sitting idly by and complaining about it. GM isn't going to contact you over time, so don't sit on this.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:35 PM   #39
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
The last run in this thread was like 5.4 in 90 degree temps and humid. If we had the 1 foot rollout it would be like 4.9-5.2 The 1 foot rollout is the same you get at the track and when they do 0-60 testing in the mags for wheel spin.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:46 PM   #40
PQ
Booooosted.

WTH good is one foot follout? Why not just make it a solid time?

I can bench jpress 1000 Lbs. (with 700 lbs. of non-weight.)
Old 08-25-2009, 06:44 PM   #41
2011RS/SS

Drives: 2016 corvette Z06
it definetely looks like they adjusted some parameters in the programming. Don't know if they did anything in the fuel and spark tables, but they def did something with the shiftpoints. The car shifts a lot harder than it did
2011RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #42
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinyljunkie View Post
I have a 2ss/rs m6. I know that the people who talk the most are pretty much immature blowjobs and kill the drag/racing world. no need for d-bags here.

Doesnt the A6 paddle shift have paddle shift? And dont let it get to you .... maybe thats why shes all up in you or maybe she likes you.... then have your girl kill her with her IS but on a track

That IS is a 6 spd...

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote