Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-06-2009, 04:47 PM   #71
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Good luck with the truck!!! Ps I think edmunds times are bs. The slowest 370z times to 60 was 4.7
Yeah there are alot of variables in 0-60 times..these battles wont be solved until we hit the streets. Just because someone can read about a 0-60 times doesnt mean it can be duplicated..but that doesnt mean it cant be beat either
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #72
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Tuuche LOL that's so not spelled right!!
Old 03-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #73
Super83Z

Drives: 1999 Z28 1983 Z28
Quote:
Man I will say this the g37 is not a direct competitor. Different clientel different price point. No one is cross shopping a G37 with a camaro not even close to the same buyer. That's the reasoning for the Z comparison. These cars will be cross shopped like it or not guys.
MotorTrend would disagree with you and they only drove the V-6 version of the Camaro.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ive/index.html
14 Silverado
Super83Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:40 PM   #74
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Of Course it is a competitor to the SS... Who in their right mind wouldn't think so?

It has comparable price, AND performance...

Did the backseats and V6 in the GTR stop it from being compared to the ZR1 or Z06??
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:50 AM   #75
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Ok after all the discussion of what car competes where with the Camaro . I looked at all the factors, price, drivability, speed , design, and that IT factor. When I narrowed it down out of all the cars out there that I can afford and would consider(and this is coming from a pro-american pro-GM guy) is the 370Z. The only other foreign car that I ever owned was the 350Z and Nissan has corrected all that I didnt like and then some. This car is Camaros biggest threat in my opinion in the hearts of the buyer. I look at it this way Mustang will always have its following, so Camaro won't steal many sales from them if at all. Plus this Camaro not only calls to us Camaro enthusiasts but introduces this car to a generation that never knew it. This generation is all about the Z!!! So these two cars are gonna be direct competition. I believe both cars in there own right stir the soul in a way that lets say the mustang and chally do not. There performance will be outstanding for both and even though the Z is more expensive for what it offers its still a bargain. LET THE GAMES BEGIN....So how many flames do I have to endure LOL

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...issan-370z.htm

Hardly competition. Just another rehash of one of the most overrated crappy cars ever designed. Looks like an egg and appearance-wise looks worse than an Infiniti G37 Coupe. Sorry, this car isn't even in the same league as a 2010 Camaro. Puhlease.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:38 AM   #76
Redline2k5

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue on the way!
All I can say is, if my dealer doesnt start treating me better, a 370Z IS in my future...
Redline2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:02 AM   #77
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
If my Camaro isn't here by mid-April, I'm getting a 370Z.
StarkyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:42 AM   #78
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Relax guys. You don't understand how huge this is for Chevrolet and GM. GM dealers are starting to offer 0% financing too, hopefully on this car. Chevrolet, and thus GM are trying to make as big a ruckus about the Camaro as they possibly can to inspire more people to buy their products. It has to be handled absolutely carefully, but unfortunately for us, that means a ton of waiting, anticipation and hype. This car is more about the company itself than it is about us right now, which is understandable given their financial position at present, but if that doesn't work for you, then go ahead and buy a 370Z. I think if you let your impatience overcome you, you'll be very sorry. Even those people on here jumping ship to buy Dodge Challengers. They'll be very sorry too. If they say they are content and they made the right decision by committing to another car, they are likely dilluding themselves by believing that to help justify their purchase. Not true in all cases, but once the Camaro hits the streets, there will be a lot of regret going around. Sit tight guys, I think you'll be extremely glad you did!

Old 03-07-2009, 09:55 AM   #79
ArcAngel

well it seems like some people have dislike towards any of the competitors for Camaro. I have to say I'm one of them I usually call mustangs rustang, but I think after this thread I will show the mustang some respect, because I dont wanna be close minded towards the competition
Old 03-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #80
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Hahaha! You are from Jersey too! I have a 2006 Cobalt SS SC. That car is going to be my everyday business vehicle and the Camaro is going to be my Summer/Spring weekend car. If you can hold out, you'll be seriously glad you did.

You also should keep in mind that this IS a Camaro website and enthusiasts can be ravenous about Camaros of all generations. If any enthusiast is worth his salt on this site, they probably enjoy doing logical comparisons between the Camaros competition. Hell, they've even done that between the Camaro and the Firebird/Trans-Am, both GM products. For them, it is fun, but it is also serious business. If a Ford Mustang Bulliit is a quality vehicle, which I'm sure it is, it'll get compared here and even enthusiasts would admit that. Same goes for any other car. The bias will exist here as long as you exist here, so you shouldn't be personally offended or feel like you are being misled. You just need to see for yourself what the best fit for you would be.

Check out the May 6th unveiling at your local Chevrolet dealership and see if the Camaro is what you expect it to be. If not, buy whatever suits you. As long as you are happy with your decision. That is ultimately what matters in the end. Might be best to wait until the Camaro is out and then decide and not go based on what you hear on this forum or anywhere else.

P.S. - Ford really isn't the garbage it used to be. Neither is Dodge for that matter, but Chevrolet and GM are where it's at! Been a Chevrolet owner all 32 years of my life.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:02 AM   #81
ArcAngel

Im still in Camaro's Camp all I was saying that the only other car I would consider right now is the Z and yea im in Jersey, can't wait for this crappy cold to go away gotta wax the balt!!!
Old 03-07-2009, 10:10 AM   #82
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Got a quick ? for you. Did you ever upgrade to a Stage 2 Performance package on the 'Balt? Man what a difference. All under Chevy's warranty too.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:23 AM   #83
ArcAngel

No I heard about it but never did because I was just putting the money aside for the maro! I heard its dramatic
Old 03-07-2009, 11:24 AM   #84
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...issan-370z.htm

Hardly competition. Just another rehash of one of the most overrated crappy cars ever designed. Looks like an egg and appearance-wise looks worse than an Infiniti G37 Coupe. Sorry, this car isn't even in the same league as a 2010 Camaro. Puhlease.
So... the 370z isn't Competition because you dont like the styling.

How vain.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote