Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #43
blk1234

Drives: black 2012 ls2
DOCUMENT ID NUMBER IS. 2788945 THEN HERE IS THE TECHNICAL NUMBER. PI0700.
blk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #44
midwest mcnasty
scottie v

Drives: 2012 2lt camaro iom rs package
Wow I have the 2012 LFX manual transmission with 6700 miles on it, and so far no problems. (knock on wood) Hope all you guys/gals get your problems worked out.
midwest mcnasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #45
imgntht

Drives: '15 GMC Terrain, '19 Buick Enclave
So what is different in the "new" converters the dealers are installing? I mean I would certainly hope the engineers redesigned the converter to prevent whatever is happening from doing so again in another 5K miles...

And if there is a difference, I would hope that GM is also using this new unit in all the new cars running down the asembly line today. Does anyone know this to be the case? Was there a specific build date that we can rest assured this has been addressed? Or are future owners just going to have to cross their fingers and hope it doesn't happen to them?
imgntht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #46
Sangiovese

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS
Torque Converter issue

Thank you for the document #. My dealership confirmed the issue and now I have a converter on order with no ETA of arrival. I did ask my service advisor if it was a redesigned one so that the issue will no longer occur and he said yes. Here's hoping he is correct.
Sangiovese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #47
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangiovese View Post
Thank you for the document #. My dealership confirmed the issue and now I have a converter on order with no ETA of arrival. I did ask my service advisor if it was a redesigned one so that the issue will no longer occur and he said yes. Here's hoping he is correct.
It is great to hear your dealership is addressing your concern. Please let us know how service goes once your vehicle is repaired.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 08-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #48
surf0766

Drives: 2012 camero
Thanks for all the information on the torque converter. Mine was just found to have the same problem. I suggest GM issue the recall now.

My car only has 5200 miles on it. My 2004 Monte carlo also has trans problems. My 2003 trail blazer has wiring problems with all the rear lights and multiple seat issue right out of the gate.

The word is "QUALITY". Maybe they should look up the definition and make it something they focus on.
surf0766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #49
BreakingBad
MAGA

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
so it looks like the main issues seem to be with the torque converter and/or the transmission.

what are the 'main' issues people are experiencing?

i remember i was on the highway once, and wanted to pass someone and i was going about 60-65 and it was like hell to get the car to make it to 70 or 75. i mean i was almost flooring it and it barely moved...i kind of blew it off as 'well, sucks to have a v8' but then other times accelerating is very easy, and i have no trouble making it to 100MPH if needed

i'm going to keep a vigilant eye out now, as this seems to be something of recall proportions. actually i have an appointment saturday for an oil change, mays well have them check them out...
BreakingBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #50
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad View Post
so it looks like the main issues seem to be with the torque converter and/or the transmission.

what are the 'main' issues people are experiencing?

i remember i was on the highway once, and wanted to pass someone and i was going about 60-65 and it was like hell to get the car to make it to 70 or 75. i mean i was almost flooring it and it barely moved...i kind of blew it off as 'well, sucks to have a v8' but then other times accelerating is very easy, and i have no trouble making it to 100MPH if needed

i'm going to keep a vigilant eye out now, as this seems to be something of recall proportions. actually i have an appointment saturday for an oil change, mays well have them check them out...
Please let us know if your dealership was able to diagnose the issue for you on Saturday. We are here is you have any concerns or feedback!

Brandon
Old 09-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #51
Sangiovese

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS
So my torque converter has been replaced and my car is running great now, except....Got it home after service and heard a rattle in the muffler area that wasn't there before. Just brought the car back in and turns out there is an issue with the baffles in the muffler. This is another known issue in which there apparently is a GM service bulletin. So now I have new mufflers on order. At this rate my car will have all new parts soon
Sangiovese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #52
BNB
Rollin' The Lunchbox

Drives: 2012 Camaro Ashen Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangiovese View Post
So my torque converter has been replaced and my car is running great now, except....Got it home after service and heard a rattle in the muffler area that wasn't there before. Just brought the car back in and turns out there is an issue with the baffles in the muffler. This is another known issue in which there apparently is a GM service bulletin. So now I have new mufflers on order. At this rate my car will have all new parts soon
Easy fix, get an axel back exhaust! No need for boring stock mufflers! :p

Sent from the front seat of the Amberlamps!
BNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #53
BNB
Rollin' The Lunchbox

Drives: 2012 Camaro Ashen Grey
BNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #54
simmons51

Drives: 2012 camaro 2LT Transformer edition
I just started having this shuddering problem last week at 5100 miles . I waited a week before I made an appointment with the dealer ( bringing it in tomorrow ) so I could give them lots of detailed info . Issue happens while driving between 35-50mph in the 1200-2000 rpm range . It happens a few different ways . One way is you start to accelerate and then you don;t give it much gas and then you accelerate and it shudders ( vibrates ) . Happens alot going up inclines , between 1200-2000 rpm . Another incident happenend the other day on the highway , was in middle lane and had to slow down because of a car in front of me while I was looking to change lanes , so rpms went into that range again and when I was able to change lanes and accelerated the car shook for about 5-6 seconds then the car kicked in and took off , It seems that when the transmission wants to either go into a lower or higher gear and you give it gas it shakes/shudders ( you can actually feel it in the steering wheel) . when I made the appoinment the other day I briefly described the problem and that I have the Technical service bulletin from GM that was given on this thread ( this is such a valuable website for us owners ) and the delaer said to bring it in . From reading other posts I hope I don;t get a run around - but I know the sales manager who ordered the car for me back in Oct 2011 . I will keep you all posted on what happens .
simmons51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #55
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
I have a 2012 V6 auto. To me it seems to accelerate normally. However, when I first start the car up and begin driving, I feel like there's a small tick or click from the gas pedal. The sound is very faint. It only happens within a minute of driving (I think up to 20mph) when the car is cold. I tried bringing it to a dealership and ofcourse they could not replicate what I was experiencing. Is this normal for the 2012 V6 transmission?
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #56
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmons51 View Post
I just started having this shuddering problem last week at 5100 miles . I waited a week before I made an appointment with the dealer ( bringing it in tomorrow ) so I could give them lots of detailed info . Issue happens while driving between 35-50mph in the 1200-2000 rpm range . It happens a few different ways . One way is you start to accelerate and then you don;t give it much gas and then you accelerate and it shudders ( vibrates ) . Happens alot going up inclines , between 1200-2000 rpm . Another incident happenend the other day on the highway , was in middle lane and had to slow down because of a car in front of me while I was looking to change lanes , so rpms went into that range again and when I was able to change lanes and accelerated the car shook for about 5-6 seconds then the car kicked in and took off , It seems that when the transmission wants to either go into a lower or higher gear and you give it gas it shakes/shudders ( you can actually feel it in the steering wheel) . when I made the appoinment the other day I briefly described the problem and that I have the Technical service bulletin from GM that was given on this thread ( this is such a valuable website for us owners ) and the delaer said to bring it in . From reading other posts I hope I don;t get a run around - but I know the sales manager who ordered the car for me back in Oct 2011 . I will keep you all posted on what happens .
Please let us know how your service appointment goes! We are here if you have any questions or concerns!

Brandon