Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #5307
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Charlie View Post
I second that...I run piston even with my SBR AR. It makes a huge difference running a suppressor as well - much cleaner and alot less gas blowback.

Here is a pic of my Scar heavy (I am on the right)...Love the Scar 16 and 17!
Nice...I think the 17S will be my next rifle.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #5308
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
BTW guys...I heard from what I think is a pretty good source that there will be a price drop and big shipment of SCARs soon.

So besides better supply (which typically drives down cost), FN is supposedly lowering dealer cost. The retail is also supposed to change to $2500 for the 17S (instead of $2900). I hope this guy's info is right. I've been wanting to pick one up, but wasn't willing to pay out the nose for it.
I really hope so. I've been wanting a Scar for a long time but the market price for one right now is outrageous. At the gun show last weekend I saw a few Scar 17's and everyone was asking over $5k.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #5309
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
If I wanted to pay that much I would've probably moved up to a KAC.

I picked mine up for $2400. They aren't cheap, but I really wanted gas piston, and got hooked after shooting my friend's P415. It's very solid, and I really like the NP3 coating. It was designed to run completely dry if necessary.

I haven't even had a chance to shoot the .308 yet, but my P415 is great. I took it straight out of the box and shot 200 rounds through it without a hitch.

Yea...gonna keep my eye out. If I hear anything else I'll post up.

I did a ton of research on my own, and ultimately had the chance to shoot the POF. At this level you should also look at LWRC, Larue Tactical, Noveske, Daniel Defense, etc.

You can also save some money with Colt, DMPS, Troy and endless other brands. They're all great weapons, and should do everything you need them to. Many of the guys in this thread know a lot more than I do, and a lot of them build their own.

I'd hit your local range and try some out and figure out what's best for you. Good luck.
The POF seems to really appeal to me over the others... I don't know why.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:49 PM   #5310
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
My sister has one. She said it hurts her hands to fire it at the range after awhile. But she's also a baby. What is it about Mass laws that won't let you have an XDS?

Massachusetts requires examples of the firearm to go through certain tests before it can be legally sold here.

If the firearm is not submitted it is the same as failing the tests. Some gun makers like Colt have actually stated that they find MA laws confusing and contradictory so they won't even try to comply.

Not sure if that's the reason for the Springer XD but it could easily be the case
Old 06-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #5311
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
I really hope so. I've been wanting a Scar for a long time but the market price for one right now is outrageous. At the gun show last weekend I saw a few Scar 17's and everyone was asking over $5k.
Ouch! They're a about $3000 on Gunbroker right now, and I saw one at the show this past weekend for $2850.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
The POF seems to really appeal to me over the others... I don't know why.
That's definitely one reason I bought it.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #5312
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Massachusetts requires examples of the firearm to go through certain tests before it can be legally sold here.

If the firearm is not submitted it is the same as failing the tests. Some gun makers like Colt have actually stated that they find MA laws confusing and contradictory so they won't even try to comply.

Not sure if that's the reason for the Springer XD but it could easily be the case
Sounds suspiciously like the California "safe" gun roster...

Manufacturer pays an extortion fee for the state to test it, and then it's legal for an FFL to sell. Then it's up to the manufacturer to ensure the extortion fee is paid again every so often to keep it on the list.

The crappy part about the Cali one, is that if the company (say Sig) makes a black P226 and a silver P226, but only sends the black one, the silver one is illegal to sell, regardless of being the same physical firearm.

We just recently got the LCI and magazine disconnect added to the requirements. Ugh.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:14 AM   #5313
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Drove to Bass Pro Shop to buy a Glock 20 and they didn't have any. :(
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:56 PM   #5314
kalimus

Finally picked up the BCM mod 4 charging handle for my AR after reading all the hype. Best mod ever! Such a small thing... wouldn't have thought it would have made that big of a difference. Any of you that don't have it, I recommend it highly.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
Old 06-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #5315
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Sounds suspiciously like the California "safe" gun roster...

Manufacturer pays an extortion fee for the state to test it, and then it's legal for an FFL to sell. Then it's up to the manufacturer to ensure the extortion fee is paid again every so often to keep it on the list.

The crappy part about the Cali one, is that if the company (say Sig) makes a black P226 and a silver P226, but only sends the black one, the silver one is illegal to sell, regardless of being the same physical firearm.

We just recently got the LCI and magazine disconnect added to the requirements. Ugh.
I'm not sure if a ransom is involved in MA or not, but yes, same idea. MA would dearly love to be CaliEast. If my family wasn't here, I would move, because I hear that west and south of here there is a country called "America"
Old 07-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #5316
KeepItShut

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Finally picked up the BCM mod 4 charging handle for my AR after reading all the hype. Best mod ever! Such a small thing... wouldn't have thought it would have made that big of a difference. Any of you that don't have it, I recommend it highly.
Still the best first mod for an AR! Can't say I've seen the Mod 4... I like the large latch though (wait is the large latch the Mod 4?)
KeepItShut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #5317
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Think I'm going to be ordering a Nighthawk Custom 1911 soon. Now I just have to figure out which one to get.

Anybody here have one?
Old 07-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #5318
kalimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItShut View Post
Still the best first mod for an AR! Can't say I've seen the Mod 4... I like the large latch though (wait is the large latch the Mod 4?)
The mod 4 is the medium latch. Mod 3 is the large latch I think. And then the mod 5 is the standard size latch. The mod 4 latch is plenty large enough to charge with one finger. The "large" latch would be best... imo... if you had a big scope. Either way, I doubt you could go wrong. I've never seen a medium and a large compared to each other. Don't know how drastic the difference is.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #5319
AZ Charlie

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Think I'm going to be ordering a Nighthawk Custom 1911 soon. Now I just have to figure out which one to get.

Anybody here have one?
Love my Nighthawk Predator II. The most accurate 1911 you will own in general. My next one from them is the AAC Recon with the rail so I can put a light source on it easier and suppressor. The Nighthawk's are worth every penny!

I just had mine in for service with them and they are excellent. They re-painted, new springs, sites, etc. It was pretty beat up - tons of scratches and came back like a new side arm! I can't say enough about them.

I am not home but next time I am (should be next week) I will post some pics of it!
AZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #5320
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Woot Woot! Employees of the State of Kansas whom have their CCL can carry if their State owned or leased building does not have adequate security. ie, metal detectors and armed guards.

XDS might just get some pocket lent on her now.
JasonK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun