Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 04-13-2010, 11:17 AM   #29
Bruticus
Lou

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2/RS Red Jewel Tint
Send a message via AIM to Bruticus Send a message via MSN to Bruticus
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969to2010 View Post
my rim is chipped this sucks
That happened to me the third week with my car heh.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:03 PM   #30
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
i got some chips.. even door side and I have never banged the door into another car.. my dads camaros looks like the paint is rubbing off on door side. it doesnt seem like a chips seem to be rubbed off its smooth. and there a spot with a dip in the paint on my car..

i think one guy got GM to repaint his car. but good luck trying. Im going to bring up with my dealer but not going to bother fighting.
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #31
BrianGriffin78

Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
i got some chips.. even door side and I have never banged the door into another car.. my dads camaros looks like the paint is rubbing off on door side. it doesnt seem like a chips seem to be rubbed off its smooth. and there a spot with a dip in the paint on my car..

i think one guy got GM to repaint his car. but good luck trying. Im going to bring up with my dealer but not going to bother fighting.
One or two chips is normal and sometimes you cannot avoid those bigger rocks that kick up. But geez, do I have to drive my car in a giant bubble?

I hope they make good.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:22 PM   #32
BrianGriffin78

Ok everyone,

I have an appointment with the GM rep over at Paramus Chevy on Route 17 where I bought my car. I will be meeting him this Friday, between 3pm and 4pm.

If you are having problems and want him to take a look also, it would only help all of us, because they will see it is not just my car, and that there is a real problem. I am hoping that the car just needs another coat or two and so they won't have to strip it.

Think of this as a "Faulty Paint, fix my car now, GM!" kinda meet.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:43 AM   #33
BBQTriAngle

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
I have a ton of little scratches by the gills, the first time I saw it I thought it was just dirt but it wouldn't come off. I ordered some touch up paint hoping that they can be removed... I figured this was just my problem
BBQTriAngle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:34 AM   #34
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
I have small chips also. Plus a nice big one on hood. This paint is got to be the softest. My 02 trailblazer is holding up better then this camaro paint.
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #35
BrianGriffin78

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQTriAngle View Post
I have a ton of little scratches by the gills, the first time I saw it I thought it was just dirt but it wouldn't come off. I ordered some touch up paint hoping that they can be removed... I figured this was just my problem
Having a problem with fine scratching. I just Scratch-X the hood today and about 50% of the scratches came out. I might have to do it a few times, or take it to be compounded. As per the chips, I cannot touch up 30 chips, it will look worse. So they likely have to repaint the car and add another couple of coats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
I have small chips also. Plus a nice big one on hood. This paint is got to be the softest. My 02 trailblazer is holding up better then this camaro paint.
I have a Yukon and it has been put through this horrible winter, and it may have one or two chips at most.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #36
MMaglione
Mike "Meage"

Drives: Aqua Blue 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via AIM to MMaglione
i have ABM too and i've been going back and fourth with a customer service rep. for about two weeks now and he called me today and offered me $100 certificate for services i said call back tomorrow and i'll let you know...pretty much so i can think of a nice way to tell him where to put his $100 service bribe...i hate when rich compnanies try and take advantage of people its just annoying...they shoulda gotten it right the first time than there wouldn't be a problem!!
MMaglione is offline   Reply With Quote