Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-20-2011, 06:45 AM   #127
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
John, I sent you a PM. Musta got buried again.

Oh The one where you said you forgot me.....

BUT... IM RIGHT HERE.

Speaking of wheels... I really hope I can find someone who just wants to dump their SS rims and tires for $500 or so... I'm starting to really hate those dang 18"

I've been seeing threads about the sidemarkers getting water in them....and since my car is a DD and sees rain every time it does rain, I'm not getting them. (I really want some, too.)

Doesn't showstoppers make a simular item?
Butler has a set for 1500.00, but you can find them on here for a 1000.00 with tires and that is pretty much the going price.

I have the Showstopper LED Sidemarkers and have not seen any issues, but then again my car does not see alot of rain, but I wash it alot so it gets water on them. I have seen alot of people complaining about the water in the AAC lights.

Quote:
Very much so.

Norm is a great guy.

John... I'd stay away from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Awe man... some one drank all the beer....

That would be................................................ ............................RANDY
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:27 PM   #128
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Butler has a set for 1500.00, but you can find them on here for a 1000.00 with tires and that is pretty much the going price.

I have the Showstopper LED Sidemarkers and have not seen any issues, but then again my car does not see alot of rain, but I wash it alot so it gets water on them. I have seen alot of people complaining about the water in the AAC lights.

That would be................................................ ............................RANDY

<3

I didn't forget on purpose!!! I promise!!!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:59 AM   #129
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
NOTES FOR ME:

The LS7 crate engine (part number 17802397) uses a high-performance replacement camshaft from GM Performance Parts (part number 12480033) to help it produce approximately 550 horsepower. Complementing upgrades include GM Performance Parts-developed headers and air intake system that will be offered at the Camaro's launch in early 2009. The LS7 also is modified with a wet-sump oiling system; the production engine features a dry-sump system that requires an external oil tank.

Backing the LS7 engine is a production Tremec 6060 six-speed manual with a GM Performance Parts Hurst shifter. Additional drivetrain details include:
* Brembo four-wheel disc brake package
* Lowered ride height
* Custom 20-inch wheels
* Driveshaft safety loop
* GM Performance Parts exhaust system

the 6060 won't handle the torque produced by the LS7, unless someone knows how to beef it up. According to the wiki page it's only rated for 430 torque. The LS7 produces 475

Although the Camaro LS7 Concept is just that - a concept - its duplication by enterprising enthusiasts and racers is enabled by GM Performance Parts' LS7 crate engine package. It delivers a fully assembled, production version of the engine, complete from the intake manifold to oil pan. An oil reservoir for the standard dry sump system and GM Performance Parts' LS7 engine controller (part number 19166567ecm $876 gmparts direct) are all that's necessary to get the engine running in an enthusiast's project vehicle - well, that and a chassis capable of handling more than 500 lb.-ft. of torque!

Read more: http://chevyhighperformance.automoti...#ixzz1Sl9oefgq

Read more: http://chevyhighperformance.automoti...#ixzz1Sl9cfeiB

Read more: http://chevyhighperformance.automoti...#ixzz1Sl9KMiKT

crateenginedepot dot com 13,652

tremec T56 magnum
•85mm center distance.

•700 lb-ft effective torque capacity.

•Fully reversible 'TKO-style' OEM-grade die-cast aluminum shifter for smooth, positive shift action.

•Dual 'speedo' pick ups to accommodate both electric and mechanical type speedometers.

•Built-in mid-shift provisions under inspection cover for simple, pain free mid-shift conversions.

•Triple cone synchronizers on gears 1-4, double cone synchronizers on gears 5-6, as well as reverse.

•Accurate, smooth, high-rpm shift capabilities.

Pro Fit Kit options

http://www.americanpowertrain.com/T56-Magnum.html

Last edited by garcmol; 07-21-2011 at 12:40 PM.
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:49 PM   #130
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Nice profile pic, fits you perfect.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:49 PM   #131
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Well alright Norm !!!

It's about time...

Subscribed !
Old 07-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #132
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
Damn Norm...a LS7!!! Go for it!!... after Maria's seal of approval! LOL
Old 07-24-2011, 04:34 PM   #133
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Awe man... some one drank all the beer....

OOOOH... cold pizza

Just give a shout to the Texas gang, we got some drink stuff, I'll get ahold of Chris... The parking lot bar-tender...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #134
garcmol

Quote:
Nice profile pic, fits you perfect.
First Saturday Night Live I watched had the "Rubber Biscuit" song performed by the Blues Brothers. I was a fan ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Well alright Norm !!!

It's about time...

Subscribed !
Thanks for stopping by! Mostly cosmetic here, but lots of laughs which is important to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnoopster View Post
Damn Norm...a LS7!!! Go for it!!... after Maria's seal of approval! LOL
That's more some research I'm doing........but an LS7 bolted to the T56 would be sweet! IF and that's a big if, I did something like this it would go in my car. I know an SS would be the cheaper route but we only go around once. I keep my eyes open for an LS3 and tranny as well. New ground is always fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Just give a shout to the Texas gang, we got some drink stuff, I'll get ahold of Chris... The parking lot bar-tender...
Where you from in Texas? My wife has family in San Antonio. I've been at Friday's there in S/A twice and met a bunch of folks. Parking lot bartenders rule!
Old 07-25-2011, 08:19 AM   #135
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post

Where you from in Texas? My wife has family in San Antonio. I've been at Friday's there in S/A twice and met a bunch of folks. Parking lot bartenders rule!
Im between Austin and San Antonio, closer by far to Austin... and a member of the San Antonio Gang... I made many a trip to Fridays...Fridays was a little over an hour haul for me, but worth every minute of it...

We are now on a rotating location for our Friday night meets... I actually grew up just out side of San Antonio in Schertz. Graduated from Samuel Clemens HS many moons ago...Next time you're down this way, give me a shout if I'm in town, and well get together... I'll take you for a spin in Brandi if you so desire...

Someday I hope to get back to Texas... the way things are going down here, who knows when that will be...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 07-25-2011, 09:40 AM   #136
garcmol

Quote:
Im between Austin and San Antonio, closer by far to Austin... and a member of the San Antonio Gang... I made many a trip to Fridays...Fridays was a little over an hour haul for me, but worth every minute of it...

We are now on a rotating location for our Friday night meets... I actually grew up just out side of San Antonio in Schertz. Graduated from Samuel Clemens HS many moons ago...Next time you're down this way, give me a shout if I'm in town, and well get together... I'll take you for a spin in Brandi if you so desire...

Someday I hope to get back to Texas... the way things are going down here, who knows when that will be...
Very cool. You'll get back, and with 93 hours a week of OT in your pocket!! My wife's cousin lives off the 1604, Stone Oak Parkway.

Question: Would an L99 and stock trans drop right into a 1LT (V6)? Comes with the ECM for the L99 and has the driveshaft and pedal. Would this bolt right into my car? I know there's a BCM as well, but does it act independantly of the engine?

I'm just trying to ballpark what I would have to change over. I'm thinking that once the pedal is swapped this would be pretty much turn key.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #137
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Very cool. You'll get back, and with 93 hours a week of OT in your pocket!! My wife's cousin lives off the 1604, Stone Oak Parkway.

Question: Would an L99 and stock trans drop right into a 1LT (V6)? Comes with the ECM for the L99 and has the driveshaft and pedal. Would this bolt right into my car? I know there's a BCM as well, but does it act independantly of the engine?

I'm just trying to ballpark what I would have to change over. I'm thinking that once the pedal is swapped this would be pretty much turn key.

Man, you'll have to ask someone with more knowledge about this stuff than I have... I know there is an issue with the Computer but ECM, BCM, NBC, CBS, thats all greek to me... I refer questions like this to Corey...which I'll do for grins and giggles...

Old 07-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #138
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:

What is the pedal you are referring to.. Is the transmission you are getting a Tremec 6060, manual tranny.... or an I missing the boat. If it's a manual trans, is it possibly an LS-3 you are getting rather than an L-99...

Old 07-25-2011, 10:13 AM   #139
garcmol

Quote:
Man, you'll have to ask someone with more knowledge about this stuff than I have... I know there is an issue with the Computer but ECM, BCM, NBC, CBS, thats all greek to me... I refer questions like this to Corey...which I'll do for grins and giggles...

Quote:
What is the pedal you are referring to.. Is the transmission you are getting a Tremec 6060, manual tranny.... or an I missing the boat. If it's a manual trans, is it possibly an LS-3 you are getting rather than an L-99...
The "pedal" is the "loud" pedal, the "go" pedal, the "fast" pedal, the "I'm outta hear" pedal,

No, it's an L99 and trans pulled right out of the car. the ECM or PCM, somethin', is the computer. It's an automatic transmission. You can't miss the boat; you're stuck on it, 'member?

Oh crap, I forgot about the tapshift buttons. I have an M6 in my car so my steering wheel doesn't have the buttons. Guess that would mean I'd need that and the wiring. That or just do without.

Last edited by garcmol; 07-25-2011 at 10:36 AM.
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:32 PM   #140
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:

The "pedal" is the "loud" pedal, the "go" pedal, the "fast" pedal, the "I'm outta hear" pedal,

No, it's an L99 and trans pulled right out of the car. the ECM or PCM, somethin', is the computer. It's an automatic transmission. You can't miss the boat; you're stuck on it, 'member?

Oh crap, I forgot about the tapshift buttons. I have an M6 in my car so my steering wheel doesn't have the buttons. Guess that would mean I'd need that and the wiring. That or just do without.
This is the reply I got from Corey...

If the K-member allows it, it should bolt right in and probably plug right in as well. The fine details like traction control would be my concern, but the engine and trans itself is fairly stand alone. They all start as the same car, until they drop the drive train in them.. :-)

Here's my question, does your current car not have a go pedal... If not, is a dash mounted throttle like a Cessna, or is it a center mounted throttle like a 747, or what... A pedal is a pedal is a pedal...is it not???

You dont need no stinking tap shit...uh shift buttons...