Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-12-2010, 09:02 PM   #15
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamBoy1120 View Post
"Sure is interesting to say the least." what does that mean exactly..?
and well this is what i want the camaro for.. Sound freaking amazing.. Smoke people on the highways.. Catch all the ***** cats that falls in if you know what i mean.. (Junior in High School)
lol oh lordy.

Going from 'how do engines work' , 'what's the best bang for the buck', 'most expensive thing under the hood', 'best supercharger, turbo, whatever', etc. is ramping pretty quickly. If you've got the money go for it, I wont be one to criticize how you're spending it as it is YOUR (well you and your fathers you say) car.

You can have it sound amazing such as mine (personal pref obviously) and not have to worry about performance upgrades. Smoking people on the highways could depend on a few things: top speed, hp/tq performance in certain RPM ranges, limiter, list goes on. As for what you're wanting to catch... I have no clue what teen girls are into these days. Damn you Jonas brothers DAMN YOU!!!!! College girls though, I got you covered

Achieving your camaro goals is like anything really: take the time to plan so that you can do it right the first time. Start with a solid foundation that can handle big upgrades so you wont have to go back and worry about them later when your 'big' performance boosts come. If you buy a supercharger now, it might not perform well with a hot cam, less back pressure, more/less compression ratios, heads, etc. If you want to jump in head first, that is your decision; as is that to plan carefully.
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:02 PM   #16
CamBoy1120
17 Yr old Owner :D

Drives: 2010 1LT Camaro
u refering to your high school years
CamBoy1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:04 PM   #17
CamBoy1120

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTSquared View Post
lol oh lordy.

Going from 'how do engines work' , 'what's the best bang for the buck', 'most expensive thing under the hood', 'best supercharger, turbo, whatever', etc. is ramping pretty quickly. If you've got the money go for it, I wont be one to criticize how you're spending it as it is YOUR (well you and your fathers you say) car.

You can have it sound amazing such as mine (personal pref obviously) and not have to worry about performance upgrades. Smoking people on the highways could depend on a few things: top speed, hp/tq performance in certain RPM ranges, limiter, list goes on. As for what you're wanting to catch... I have no clue what teen girls are into these days. Damn you Jonas brothers DAMN YOU!!!!! College girls though, I got you covered

Achieving your camaro goals is like anything really: take the time to plan so that you can do it right the first time. Start with a solid foundation that can handle big upgrades so you wont have to go back and worry about them later when your 'big' performance boosts come. If you buy a supercharger now, it might not perform well with a hot cam, less back pressure, more/less compression ratios, heads, etc. If you want to jump in head first, that is your decision; as is that to plan carefully.
So what would you do in my shoes.. And i loved the remark of the Jonas Bros.. haha But those bros take like little teenagers hearts im more of a 18 yr old chaser lol haha
Old 01-12-2010, 09:04 PM   #18
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
My advice for you is to spend a lot of time at ls1tech.com . You will learn a lot and make an educated decision.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:19 PM   #19
TommyTSquared

Quote:
So what would you do in my shoes..
Personally I wanted my car to sound beastly, so I spent about $175 to get a better sound and will going for aesthetics until I start my new job. That said:

Know what you want from the car.
Determine your budget.
Research research research.
- In TX we have a LOT of good speed shops (there are plenty out of state as well) and as with them all, they LOVE to talk about cars. There is no harm in calling every speed shop you can think of and tell them what you're looking for (how much you're wanting to spend will eventually come up) and asking what they'd recommend about where to start.

here is an example:
Say I call TSP and talk to some guys (I know Jason is around these forums) and tell them I have ~$1000 on a performance upgrade. I say I want my car to drive well (decent gas mileage, etc.) as it is my daily driver, I eventually want it to handle between 500-550 rwhp naturally aspirated, it wont be a stranger at the strip.

They might throw out anything from being able to run me a full exhaust for that price, install a new intake, port/polish my heads, install a cam, maybe their new CAI and top it off with a tune. Options are there, but some are better than others and they'd tell me what they recommend. That way I have a solid foundation to add on to and not have to worry about replacing a part when I get a new one.

tl;dr version: know your budget, do research, talk to people that do this for a living with previous information(speed shops)
Old 01-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #20
TommyTSquared

Sorry that was a long post. Things like this are as complicated as you want to make them. I am by no means an expert, just my opinion and what I would do personally.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:32 PM   #21
CamBoy1120

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTSquared View Post
Sorry that was a long post. Things like this are as complicated as you want to make them. I am by no means an expert, just my opinion and what I would do personally.
that was a very knowledgeable post my friend.. could have agreed more.. Good mileage and beast sounds and not a stranger to the tracks is exactly what im looking forward to our camaro.. all those mods u included how much would that run..?
Old 01-12-2010, 09:45 PM   #22
TommyTSquared

Quote:
that was a very knowledgeable post my friend.. could have agreed more.. Good mileage and beast sounds and not a stranger to the tracks is exactly what im looking forward to our camaro.. all those mods u included how much would that run..?
lol I don't even want to begin to tally that up as my wallet is hurting enough just thinking about adding stripes and wanting the gauge cluster (oh yeah, and school starts tomorrow which I just paid tuition for )!!!

Check the engines forum here, you can find out some good package information there. There is a 500 rwhp for under $4000 thread running around there somewhere I believe. Also, there are more than enough guys in there that work for/own a speed shop and would be happy to help with the car.