Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I'm about to pop on vmax tb and ice any down side?

So I think I'm going to drop $300 and do both the vmax ported tb and the black ice-olator. From what I understand I will be gaining a better throttle repsonse from the tb which should help with the hesitation on launch and some hp from the black ice but are there any down sides? I was searching for install vids on youtube and I ran across one vid where the guy posted that he went back to the stock tb becuase of drivability issues with his standard tranny, mine is a stick, and that threw up a red flag tho he didn't really elaborate.
aron77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
Kmorpheus
Account Suspended

Drives: Green Dream Machine
I hope to hvae some first hand experience come Wednessday of this week. I have some parts getting airbrushed, but when they come back I will be able to get my car out for the first time this year. Both the Vmax TB and isolator have been installed this winter. I find it hard to believe that the drivability was hurt by these products with a manual transmission.
Kmorpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
No issues on any installs we are aware of.......but search all the threads here on those that have done it. If done correctly there is no downside. We buy it back if you dont like it either way.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
There is a HUGH downside! Decreased gas mileage because you'll be constantly driving hard to feel these great mods

Last edited by nyrfan; 03-12-2012 at 01:58 PM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
Indy Bumble Bee

Drives: Beest
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
There is a HUGH downside! Decreased gas mileage because you'll be constantly diving hard to feel these great mods
haha
Indy Bumble Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
There is a HUGH downside! Decreased gas mileage because you'll be constantly driving hard to feel these great mods
I can live with that
aron77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
I have put 11,000 miles on my ported TB and have not had any problems. Increased throttle response and smoother acceleration is all that I have experienced. Oh, and slightly better MPG when I do my controlled MPG runs.

I have the Black Ice-lator sitting here waiting to install. I'm sure it is a winner all the way around too.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #8
TheBlack-CyberGray-Pearl

Drives: 2011 Cyber Gray Camaro
My car is 100% equivalent to crack. I just sit here all day long at my desk, not working, scratching my neck, buying more and more stuff for my car...

Can't wait for my black ice insulator and rx catch can to get here!

Bump me up one the wait list pleaseeee.... i'm having Camaro mod withdrawals and i just finished installing my BBK headers yesterday.

ahhhhhhhh
Old 03-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #9
scrubby43

Drives: 2010 camaro 2lt RS
NO..downside. increased hp improved throttle response....
2010 2LT RS Cyber Gray Metallic, White ralley stripes, JBA Shortie headers, SOLO perf HFC & Res. Magnaflow cat back, SS Brakes, Eibach Sways & Springs, Trifecta tune, VMAX throttle body & Catch Can, Custom ported intake, heads, Black ICE-olator, VARARAM.
scrubby43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #10
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Well I installed an insulator this weekend, and the power jump was insane. Needless to say there will be a lot more rolling starts now.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #11
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
I have both. * on the Black Iceolator cuz it's only been on since Saturday. But the TB I've had on for 7-8 months at least and I have a manual and the only downside if at all is that your bank account will be minus the money you spent on it. But worth every penny.

Just wait til you hit some hills you normally drive and have to downshift on. The difference should show up there.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #12
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Well I installed an insulator this weekend, and the power jump was insane. Needless to say there will be a lot more rolling starts now.

Mace or Black Ice?
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #13
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
No issues on our side either....people are really eating up the ICEolator and TB Combo that we have. It seems that they work together quite well and yeah, you're going to lose mpg as you are going to be gettin on it ALL THE TIME now!

Enjoy all!
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #14
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
Awesome combo! I gained .7 mpg haha
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote