Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-28-2013, 01:18 AM   #2073
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Here are some pics from the dyno at Goodies:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Why does your car look so dirty? lol

I just washed mine this afternoon. Started raining so I had to pull it into the garage and blow dry there. I think tomorrow I'll clay/polish/seal it for the first time.
I was planning on starting the tach/speedo lighting project, but I think I need a better tool than a flathead wrapped in electrical tape to remove the bezel. Felt like I was going to break or scratch it if I continued, so I gave up for now.

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:26 AM   #2074
OzzySS

On a different note, what do you guys think of the Z28 reveal? I think it looks pretty sweet except for the rear lights (and the new SS rear lights are god-awful IMO). Definitely sounds like a killer on the track, but I doubt it'd be something I'd enjoy just cruising around in like the 1LE. All told, I think I made the right choice for me...I like my creature comforts the Z sounds like something that should only be on the track. I'm happy they brought it back, but it sounds more like the true "2% car"

Old 03-28-2013, 01:31 AM   #2075
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
On a different note, what do you guys think of the Z28 reveal? I think it looks pretty sweet except for the rear lights (and the new SS rear lights are god-awful IMO). Definitely sounds like a killer on the track, but I doubt it'd be something I'd enjoy just cruising around in like the 1LE. All told, I think I made the right choice for me...I like my creature comforts the Z sounds like something that should only be on the track. I'm happy they brought it back, but it sounds more like the true "2% car"
Love the Z but we could be looking at a $70k Camaro. That would make it a .2% car.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:34 AM   #2076
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
.2% probably... that thing is the true beast... I predict that you saw a 65000 dollar car today. Best part for us 1LE guys will be the parts bin!!
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:34 AM   #2077
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Love the Z but we could be looking at a $70k Camaro. That would make it a .2% car.
dude get out my head!!
Old 03-28-2013, 01:38 AM   #2078
OzzySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
.2% probably... that thing is the true beast... I predict that you saw a 65000 dollar car today. Best part for us 1LE guys will be the parts bin!!
I'll take that spoiler with a quickness

good point about the cost...from what i read, it sounds like this would be my reaction to the price of any of the new stuff

Old 03-28-2013, 06:23 AM   #2079
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Not bad at all for just a CAI. I am tellin ya.... this group was special!!
Turns out you may have a good point there
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:39 AM   #2080
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
I also like my car and it's comforts, but I could really get into those Z/28 brakes, and seats. A black hood with vent is an item to consider down the road. First for me is the cam/heads swap, hopefully by summer.
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #2081
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I like the Z28 except the tail lights.I am grateful that i was able to pull off this 1LE im flat broke but at least i have it.I wish i could buy the Z28 just to run at the track,that car is something else.
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #2082
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Maybe a $80k 1.5% car that is worth every penny.

The 2014 rear deck lid has a 'bump' in it to house the third tail light. To use the Z/28 rear spoiler requires you also update the deck lid.

The aero you see on the Z/28 is only part of the story. There is more under car work. The guys on the Camaro TEAM are not standing pat. They took everything they learned on the ZL1 and found ways to improve it.

The Z/28 may be the best 'parts car' ever built by Chevrolet
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #2083
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

The 2014 rear deck lid has a 'bump' in it to house the third tail light. To use the Z/28 rear spoiler requires you also update the deck lid.

The aero you see on the Z/28 is only part of the story. There is more under car work. The guys on the Camaro TEAM are not standing pat. They took everything they learned on the ZL1 and found ways to improve it.

Did you guys help with the suspension on the Z28? Or did they do it in house? GM has been pretty good at outsourcing lately it seems. I was wondering if this car was the same way.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #2084
tramtwo

Damn our little thread visited by a Camaro team member:-O

tramtwo posted this on the go
Old 03-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #2085
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Did you guys help with the suspension on the Z28? Or did they do it in house? GM has been pretty good at outsourcing lately it seems. I was wondering if this car was the same way.
Mark Steilow is the engineer that is responsible for the Z/28 suspension. He doesn't need my help. That said, on his way to winning the OPTIMA last year he may have noticed Raymond's Performance Camaro and the Lingenfelter L/28 along the way :-)

Quote:
Damn our little thread visited by a Camaro team member:-O

tramtwo posted this on the go
Where?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #2086
OzzySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

I don't doubt that its worth every penny in the $65-75k range and I'm really happy they brought it back...but I have no use for a "track-only" car, and the 2SS/1LE was at the upper limit of my financial comfort zone. If you want a good laugh, read some of the Z threads and how many people are bitching about how much was stripped out of the car...they don't get it...or how expensive it is...they asked for an LS7 that'll blow things away on the track, GM delivered exactly that. They thought they'd get all that for cheap?

Anyway, just got home from work, time to polish the baby up!