Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-24-2009, 09:40 PM   #1
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
Markups = NO Camaro. 350(V8) = Camaro Like Sound

Alright, Everyone:

Anyone that has noticed my Updated Sig, Knows that I have recently gone from Normal Pursuit of My Black 2010 Camaro SS (w/RS Package) to NO Pursiut of any Kind because of markups.

With Demand still growing for the Camaro and GM still trying caught up with Demand, It looks like it will be a 1 year or more from now before markups are HISTORY.

True Dueling my Rear Wheel drive V8 Coupe of another kind was on Hold to recover the Money I spend on My Sierra as fast as possible, to get my Camaro. With the $2500 Markup from a Dealer that said they were going to sell at MSRP, I want the Beast under my Hood to be Heard.

Heres the Sound I'm Looking for:
  • A Low and Very Deep Rumble.
  • I want to Hear it Rumble at Idle from about 50 to 100 a feet away, if you are Inside of a House or other Building I Do Not want it to be Heard.
  • When I give it a little Gas, I want to be Heard on the Outside and Not Heard on the Inside of a House or other Building.
  • When taking off I want it to be Heard, but NOT from a Half Mile or A Mile away, Unless I'm Flooring it.
  • I Do Not want it to Sound Trashy.
  • I Do Not want it to Sound Like its Wide Open when it is not.

I have been told Magna Flow is what I'm looking for, whats your take? Sound Clips of your recommendation would be great.

Oh, Yeah the Block and Heads are Cast Iron.

GM, WILL SURVIVE AND WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER.

2011 Camaro SS (6-Speed) w/RS Package. Its Great to be back in Black and a Chevy Again.

----------------------------
One Mean Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:18 PM   #2
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Mean Chevy View Post
Alright, Everyone:

Anyone that has noticed my Updated Sig, Knows that I have recently gone from Normal Pursuit of My Black 2010 Camaro SS (w/RS Package) to NO Pursiut of any Kind because of markups.

With Demand still growing for the Camaro and GM still trying caught up with Demand, It looks like it will be a 1 year or more from now before markups are HISTORY.

True Dueling my Rear Wheel drive V8 Coupe of another kind was on Hold to recover the Money I spend on My Sierra as fast as possible, to get my Camaro. With the $2500 Markup from a Dealer that said they were going to sell at MSRP, I want the Beast under my Hood to be Heard.

• I want to Hear it Rumble at Idle from about 50 to 100 a feet away, if you are Inside of a House or other Building I Do Not want it to be Heard.
  • When I give it a little Gas, I want to be Heard on the Outside and Not Heard on the Inside of a House or other Building.
  • When taking off I want it to be Heard, but NOT from a Half Mile or A Mile away, Unless I'm Flooring it.

I have been told Magna Flow is what I'm looking for, whats your take? Sound Clips of your recommendation would be great.

I don't have any sound clips but this is the system (15602 and 23453) I ran on my 98' before I got my 06' 2500 HD Duramax. It has a Deep smooth sound and it's mild at idle, I miss that truck!

I'd recommend Magnaflow 15602, you can find more information HERE.

For a complete package you can also add part # 23453, you can find more info HERE.

You can also go with part # 15750 which is a true dual, more info HERE.

Unlike the greedy GM Dealers (they aren't all bad) we're knocking $$ off! Please Call, PM or email me for pricing info.

Kind regards,

JP

Last edited by JDP Motorsports; 06-24-2009 at 10:35 PM.
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:40 PM   #3
One Mean Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
I don't have any sound clips but this is the system I ran on my 98' before I got my 06' 2500 HD Duramax. It has a Deep smooth sound and it's mild at idle, I miss that truck!

I'd recommend Magnaflow 15602, you can find more information HERE.

For a complete package you can also add part # 23453, you can find more info HERE.

Unlike the greedy GM Dealers (they aren't all bad) we're knocking $$ off! Please Call, PM or email me for pricing info.

Kind regards,

JP
Thanks for the Info and the Offer. However, UT is a very long way away. I'm just not ready to drive 150 to 200+ Miles yet to get a Camaro at MSRP and I'm still in the process of recovering the Cash from buying my Truck.

2011 Camaro SS (6-Speed) w/RS Package. Its Great to be back in Black and a Chevy Again.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:13 PM   #4
JDP Motorsports

Quote:
Thanks for the Info and the Offer. However, UT is a very long way away. I'm just not ready to drive 150 to 200+ Miles yet to get a Camaro at MSRP and I'm still in the process of recovering the Cash from buying my Truck.
We're not a GM Dealer, I was just saying all aren't bad... The pricing info offered was on the exhaust system, we're a Magnaflow Distributor. Let me know if you want any further info on the exhaust.
JP
Old 06-25-2009, 12:31 AM   #5
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Alright, Everyone:

What's "350(v8) = Camaro Like Sound" mean on the title of the thread?
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:33 AM   #6
my2010camaross
ss

Drives: all black ss
ive got flowmasters on mine, everything your looking for. flowmasters give you for a pretty decent price.
my2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:00 AM   #7
Restroom
Screw it; buying a Vette

Drives: '08 Corvette C6 Coupe (A6)
I really don't understand what you're asking for, an exhaust for your truck?

That business aside, I'm with you on refusing to pay a dealership a penny over sticker; hell, I don't even feel like paying sticker. But there's no reason to wait a year; this crap will be over in half that or quicker. If you're not trading up, you might be able to find an out-of-state honest dealer you can do business with and have them drop-ship the car to a local place. That won't be free, but it should be a hell of a lot cheaper than whatever your local dealer wants to screw you for.
Restroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:43 PM   #8
MARKO/SS

Drives: silver ss/rs
Quote:
Alright, Everyone:

Checkout Link

http://www.thrushexhaust.com/action.html
MARKO/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:38 PM   #9
One Mean Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
What's "350(v8) = Camaro Like Sound" mean on the title of the thread?
Well my Truck has 5.7L or 350 cubic inch V8 and the Camaro has a 6.2L. The sound of a good Exhaust Tone is sweet music to my ears, especially V8 Exhaust Tones.

Basically, I'm saying Since I wouldn't have my Camaro anytime soon. I can at least get close to the Sound of a 2010 Camaro SS or Better and Satisfy my Ears need to hear a V8 rumble.

Nearly Three Months, without a pronouned Exhaust Tone has been Torture. I Can Not stand a Quite Car or Truck. However, I was willing to put up with it to get My Camaro SS as soon as possible.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:16 PM   #10
One Mean Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restroom View Post
I really don't understand what you're asking for, an exhaust for your truck?

That business aside, I'm with you on refusing to pay a dealership a penny over sticker; hell, I don't even feel like paying sticker. But there's no reason to wait a year; this crap will be over in half that or quicker. If you're not trading up, you might be able to find an out-of-state honest dealer you can do business with and have them drop-ship the car to a local place. That won't be free, but it should be a hell of a lot cheaper than whatever your local dealer wants to screw you for.
Yes, My Truck.

And I had and Have not Plans of Paying Sticker Either. The Salesman I have been talking to Since November 2008, Is fully aware I'm not Paying Sticker.

I found out about the Markup after I heard that the Dealership was going to be dealing with had 3 Camaros. However, The Guy had not called me. I had already seen the V6 but not the SS, the Saleman knew this. I called and He tells me they do have 3 Camaros but they are all V6s. Then, I asked Him the Question he was Hoping I was not going to ask. So, Are you still going to Sale them at MSRP? There was a very long Pause before he gave me the News. I think He Could hear his future a Sale Dying. He said it was beyond His Control, it was Management.

Last edited by One Mean Chevy; 06-26-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:58 PM   #11
One Mean Chevy

Talking Sweet Sweet Music to My Ears

My drive Home today in my Truck today felt way too short. I went with True Duel Magna Flow and Its Perfect. Love the Rumble at all Speeds, It sounds Meaner than I thought it would, Exactly Want I wanted . Can't wait until the Morning.

Thanks, Everyone for your Help.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #12
One Mean Chevy

The Beast is ALIVE!!!!!

Oh Yeah, Here are Some more Details.

MagnaFlow Muffler Part# 11225
22" Rounded Edged Chromo Tips with 3 1/2" Outlet

The Sound I have:
A Very Deep and Heavy Rumble at Idle.
A Very Heavy and Deep Rumble when I Blip the Throttle.
A Very Heavy and Deep Rumble when I Floor it.
A Heavy and Deep Rumble when I give it a Little Gas at certain Cruising Speeds.

In short, it sounds MEEEEEEEEAANNNNNNN!!!!

Old 07-01-2009, 11:03 PM   #13
JDP Motorsports

Quote:

Oh Yeah, Here are Some more Details.

MagnaFlow Muffler Part# 11225
22" Rounded Edged Chromo Tips with 3 1/2" Outlet

The Sound I have:
A Very Deep and Heavy Rumble at Idle.
A Very Heavy and Deep Rumble when I Blip the Throttle.
A Very Heavy and Deep Rumble when I Floor it.
A Heavy and Deep Rumble when I give it a Little Gas at certain Cruising Speeds.

In short, it sounds MEEEEEEEEAANNNNNNN!!!!

JP