Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 06-09-2018, 05:21 PM   #1
AustinZ28

Drives: Several
Suggestions for replacement mufflers?

PO installed dumps. They were cut into the OE exhaust and it is not reversible.

Suggestions on replacement?
AustinZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:19 PM   #2
Tech@Flowmaster

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinZ28 View Post
PO installed dumps. They were cut into the OE exhaust and it is not reversible.

Suggestions on replacement?

First and foremost what type of exhaust note are you interested in? Something aggressive or tame? Is this a show car that can have a screaming loud exhaust or a daily driver that you spend a large portion of your time in? Do you have any plans to add an X-pipe? Remove catalytic converters? There are a number of important details that will determine which replacement mufflers that are right for you and your ride. With over 15 muffler options and multiple Cat-back and Axle-back options, we're sure to have something that works for you. I encourage you to PM me or call us at 707-544-4761 for answers to all of your intake and exhaust questions.

- Jason @ Flowmaster
Tech@Flowmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:43 PM   #3
Yellow Bullet

Drives: 2017 Chevy Sonic RS 1.4T
NPP

'nuff said

2017 Sonic Mosaic Black RS 1.4T
Yellow Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:33 AM   #4
Matty Ice

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
For me nothing sounds better than the NPP. Some might sound better at idle, cruise, accel/decel, but all around for everything nothing beats the NPP.
Matty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:38 AM   #5
jlwdvm

Drives: 17 GT350R, 13Boss302,15 Z/28
I had my '15 Z at the track (Autobahn) this month. In my opinion, the stock exhaust isn't loud enough when at speed. I have a '13 Boss 302 and '16 GT350: both are loud and sound awesome at full song.

Do you have any pictures of your dumps?
jlwdvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:42 PM   #6
Crush

Drives: 2015 Z28
NPP? I’m a rookie
Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:02 PM   #7
AustinZ28

Drives: Several
me too guys...what is NPP...I googling now and not getting any hard hits.
AustinZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:26 PM   #8
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
NPP is just the RPO for the dual mode exhaust....that they already come with.
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:43 AM   #9
ronchev

Drives: 14' Red Z/28 #336
Headers / no cats on mine with stock NPP cat back, I really like the sound.
I would really like to get 3" center pipes but Im not on board with the X pipe sound and from what I have found nobody makes those pipes without an X in the aftermarket.

Yesterday morning when I seen this thread and Jason from flowmaster chimed in I messaged him and asked if they could make a kit with a H pipe or just buy the center pipes without the X and Ill add my own H to it..... Nothing yet.

I Like the NPP mufflers and want to keep them but will replace them if I can find a kit that Im looking for without an X pipe and 3"
ronchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:56 AM   #10
Tech@Flowmaster

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronchev View Post
Headers / no cats on mine with stock NPP cat back, I really like the sound.
I would really like to get 3" center pipes but Im not on board with the X pipe sound and from what I have found nobody makes those pipes without an X in the aftermarket.

Yesterday morning when I seen this thread and Jason from flowmaster chimed in I messaged him and asked if they could make a kit with a H pipe or just buy the center pipes without the X and Ill add my own H to it..... Nothing yet.

I Like the NPP mufflers and want to keep them but will replace them if I can find a kit that Im looking for without an X pipe and 3"
Hello Ronchev,

I did not see a PM from you in my inbox. From what I can tell you're looking for the ability to add in an H-pipe rather than an X-pipe on your 5th gen Camaro. The stock V8 system already has a small crossover that resembles an H-pipe. All of our Cat-back systems have an X-pipe integrated into them. If you're looking to design a custom system that has the ability to add in an X-pipe take a look at our Flowmaster U-Fit kit. This is a 16 piece kit that is available in 3.00" aluminized or stainless steel options and allows you to design your exhaust system by including a number of different straight, elbows and 90-degree pieces. The aluminized version is part #15937 and stainless steel is part# 815937. You can click on either part number to be linked to that item. If I am completely incorrect as to what you are trying to do with your exhaust system please try to PM me once again and I will do my best to get you an answer.

- Jason @ Flowmaster
Tech@Flowmaster is offline   Reply With Quote